Pilatus PC-12 NG

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by apod View Post
    The "new" 280 still needs one too.I hate the white and red.Totally un-military.
    To be fair, for that one right now, the paint scheme must be low down on the list, I doubt it will get it until the other 3 are here.

Comment

Given that the reason for buying it was for MATS, the current paint scheme is quite appropriate.
      'He died who loved to live,' they'll say,
      'Unselfishly so we might have today!'
      Like hell! He fought because he had to fight;
      He died that's all. It was his unlucky night.
      http://www.salamanderoasis.org/poems...nnis/luck.html

Comment

• Aircraft are often supplied white because it's the cheapest paint scheme, especially when they "give" you a few stripes to liven it up. Beyond the most basic paint scheme,you have to pay a considerable amount for anything other than a standard scheme, which is why you get Ryanair type colours on fleets; one simple design with few variations. Paint shops make their living on add-ons like vinyl styling and fancy logos. When you consider that a basic job on an A320 is around EU 60K, that's a lot of money over a whole fleet. You can always tell the leased-in aircraft as they have the most basic colours, as it's easier to hand them back later without having made expensive changes to paint.

Comment

• Originally posted by Flamingo View Post
          Given that the reason for buying it was for MATS, the current paint scheme is quite appropriate.
          Didn't you get the memo, MATS has gone back to Military Air Transport Services.

Apart from an tUachtarán, the Taoiseach and the Tánaiste, the only way an elected official will be on that plane is if they are a medical emergency. Given the current climate no minister is going to want to be seen flying around the place especially when we are all told to avoid travel.
          Last edited by EUFighter; 1 August 2020, 10:35.

Comment

White and red makes it a Coast Guard version , slap on some battle ship grey and hey presto we have a Naval version .
            Don't spit in my Bouillabaisse .

Comment

• Originally posted by EUFighter View Post
              Didn't you get the memo, MATS has gone back to Military Air Transport Services.

Apart from an tUachtarán, the Taoiseach and the Tánaiste, the only way an elected official will be on that plane is if they are a medical emergency. Given the current climate no minister is going to want to be seen flying around the place especially when we are all told to avoid travel.
              Fair enough. I thought it was going to be used to get the Brexit negociating team and Forign Minister around as well. I'd have thought that the current scheme was perfectly ok given the proposed taskings. But I suppose it's not "corporate" with everything else.
              'He died who loved to live,' they'll say,
              'Unselfishly so we might have today!'
              Like hell! He fought because he had to fight;
              He died that's all. It was his unlucky night.
              http://www.salamanderoasis.org/poems...nnis/luck.html

Comment

• Originally posted by Flamingo View Post
                Fair enough. I thought it was going to be used to get the Brexit negociating team and Forign Minister around as well. I'd have thought that the current scheme was perfectly ok given the proposed taskings. But I suppose it's not "corporate" with everything else.
                There is no Irish Brexit negotiation team, all negotiations are done by Michel Barnier and his team. He gives regular reports to the Commission, the Council and the Parliament.

Comment

• At the very least it should be a green and orange colour theme

Comment

• RACO's Signal journal for Summer 2020 have a short 1 pager on PC 12 280 that was received direct from Pilatus a few months ago

* https://www.raco.ie/signal

A full article on the aircraft to published in their Winter 2020 journal. Can't wait

Comment

• Comment

• Comment

Last edited by Soarhead2; 14 March 2024, 18:08.

Comment

• Originally posted by Rhodes View Post
                            Kind of gone from the Disney Princess version on the old patch to the Avengers version on the new. Looks great to be honest, and well done to whoever did the design!!
                            What are you cackling at, fatty? Too much pie, that's your problem.

Comment

• Comment

• Have to say Pilatus have a beautiful location in Buochs, Near Lucerne.
                                Last edited by na grohmiti; 29 August 2020, 12:10.
                                For now, everything hangs on implementation of the CoDF report.

Comment

Working...
                                X