Thanks Thanks:  116
Likes Likes:  261
Dislikes Dislikes:  1
Page 15 of 16 FirstFirst ... 513141516 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by trellheim View Post
    whats j1 got to do with boot issue ?

I've often wondered why we bother with the rigmarole around issue when you could put a couple of JIT couriers direct from the manufacturer to home

1. 3* brings destroyed boots into orderly room "Jim set me up for FWT on boots will you, I'm just going in to see the boss"
    2. Ord Room Cpl brings up soldier record, clicks into FWT, on the picture of the soldier clicks the barrack boot, then FWT.
    3. 3* knocks on Pl/Comdrs door and salutes "Ma'am can you inspect these and authorize for FWT please", yes theyr'e destroyed no prob
    4. Pl/Comdr clicks YES on the email thats just dropped into her inbox with the big button (YES or REJECT) ( lets her know when last issue was and previous issues )
    5. FWT is authorized - automatic dispatch of boots from manufacturer's webshop direct to soldier's address via courier ( returns due sizing mismatch via parcel motel)
    6. Soldiers clothing record is updated , no fking around with q staff no hanging round stores, massive saving of time and energy

Is this possible now ? Yep
    ... and has been possible for years
    In work, all the door swipe accesses are managed by online tech

Employee goes onto the online portal and selects item he/she wants access for
    Fills in details - justification, etc.
    Clicks Submit
    Someone a couple of rungs higher reviews request and clicks approve/reject as appropriate

Feels like the DF is reinventing the wheel with this stuff, TBH

Now that I think of it, haven't the US military gotten Amazon involved in their logs chain somehow?
    In place about 2 - 3 years now I think
    "Well, stone me! We've had cocaine, bribery and Arsenal scoring two goals at home. But just when you thought there were truly no surprises left in football, Vinnie Jones turns out to be an international player!" (Jimmy Greaves)!"

2. Likes DeV liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Truck Driver View Post
    ... and has been possible for years
    In work, all the door swipe accesses are managed by online tech

Employee goes onto the online portal and selects item he/she wants access for
    Fills in details - justification, etc.
    Clicks Submit
    Someone a couple of rungs higher reviews request and clicks approve/reject as appropriate

Feels like the DF is reinventing the wheel with this stuff, TBH

Now that I think of it, haven't the US military gotten Amazon involved in their logs chain somehow?
    In place about 2 - 3 years now I think
    Imagine a system with the functional to fill in forms online, electronic signature, and submit for approval, 1 up receives email that they have a task (approve/reject) and then on to next in the chain for approval etc, some then gets a task in their email box saying PMS Pte Bloggs for EOS

The functionality is there already within IKON.

4. Thanks Truck Driver thanked for this post
    Commander in Chief
    Post Thanks / Like
    If the rest of the public sector can manage it, why not the DF?
    German 1: Private Schnutz, I have bad news for you.
    German 2: Private? I am a general!
    German 1: That is the bad news.

Post Thanks / Like
    Without going off too much on a tangent. DF is moving to an Electronic 245B(e245B) Held up by Issues with delays to the setup across the public sector with the Financial Management shared soloution(FMSS). Whatever the hell that is. E-size roll already required to be maintained by all DF Units.(In practice once a year your CQ should update the Sub units roll with any changes: IE Personnel in/out or size changes etc). Supposed to help with stock management.

Of course Electronic bar code readers help for that too.Used one of those over thirty years back for stocktakes. DF still not using them.
    "Let us be clear about three facts. First, all battles and all wars are won in the end by the infantryman. Secondly, the infantryman always bears the brunt. His casualties are heavier, he suffers greater extremes of discomfort and fatigue than the other arms. Thirdly, the art of the infantryman is less stereotyped and far harder to acquire in modern war than that of any other arm." ------- Field Marshall Wavell, April 1945.

7. Likes DeV, Truck Driver liked this post
    Lord Chief Bottlewasher trellheim's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    A9 and L3 are the department's responsibility. Regulations are not written by the military. Hence APOD's comments re DCOS LOI
    "Are they trying to shoot down the other drone? "

"No, they're trying to fly the tank"

Post Thanks / Like
    A9 and L3 are the department's responsibility. Regulations are not written by the military. Hence APOD's comments re DCOS LOI
    Correct. The DFRs are yes but the Admin Instructions which contain the orders of dress and scale of issue are signed by DCOS
    Last edited by DeV; 15th January 2021 at 20:52.

Lord Chief Bottlewasher trellheim's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Financial Management shared soloution(FMSS)
    That project is unlikely to move for some time lol
    "Are they trying to shoot down the other drone? "

"No, they're trying to fly the tank"

Post Thanks / Like
    That project is unlikely to move for some time lol
    In laymans terms.

1/ What is it?

2/ How does it work?

3/ What's the delay?
    "Let us be clear about three facts. First, all battles and all wars are won in the end by the infantryman. Secondly, the infantryman always bears the brunt. His casualties are heavier, he suffers greater extremes of discomfort and fatigue than the other arms. Thirdly, the art of the infantryman is less stereotyped and far harder to acquire in modern war than that of any other arm." ------- Field Marshall Wavell, April 1945.

C/S
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by apod View Post
    In laymans terms.

1/ What is it?

2/ How does it work?

3/ What's the delay?
    Same as MIF but standardised across the public sector.

The complexities of integrating the huge diversity of systems into one system are causing a lot of delays. The computer part is the easy part, it is the regulatory and process redesign that is the hardest part.

I am kind of surprised that everyone does not know about FMSS

13. Thanks DeV thanked for this post
    Likes DeV liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Fantasia View Post
    Same as MIF but standardised across the public sector.

The complexities of integrating the huge diversity of systems into one system are causing a lot of delays. The computer part is the easy part, it is the regulatory and process redesign that is the hardest part.

I am kind of surprised that everyone does not know about FMSS
    We probably will when it gets to PPARS level

Post Thanks / Like
    Issues of the Scouts to units started as of yesterday. Operational units getting them first.

16. Thanks Truck Driver thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

18. Thanks apod thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Who the FCUK proofs reads these things before they go live on the system
    Last edited by apod; 2nd February 2021 at 20:52.

20. Likes Fantasia liked this post
    Commander in Chief
    Post Thanks / Like
    Who the FCUK proofs reads these things before the go live
    Did you mean to say "the go live" or "they go live" ?

Commander in Chief
    Post Thanks / Like
    What about those who have been seen wearing them all along, what's their story?

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by na grohmiti View Post
    Did you mean to say "the go live" or "they go live" ?
    Fixed. My bad.

Quote Originally Posted by na grohmiti View Post
    What about those who have been seen wearing them all along, what's their story?
    The only people supposed to have them were issued them for overseas missions (but had to retain them on return home pending the rollout to everyone else) .They were not authorised to wear them "on island".Yet some people did. Now they can wear the "legally".

Commander in Chief
    Post Thanks / Like
    Fixed. My bad.

The only people supposed to have them were issued them for overseas missions (but had to retain them on return home pending the rollout to everyone else) .They were not authorised to wear them "on island".Yet some people did. Now they can wear the "legally".
    Loads of air corps must be going Overseas so.

Post Thanks / Like
    Fixed. My bad.

them

Post Thanks / Like
    Are they going on issue to RDF.
    Ive bought a pair from haix website. But if not issued i cant wear them

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by koppiteal View Post
    Are they going on issue to RDF.
    Ive bought a pair from haix website. But if not issued i cant wear them
    I would say eventually, after the last of the black boot stock has been issued out. So in theory could be months or longer.

However, as they are ops boots, I'd say you could get away with it on the ground.
    What are you cackling at, fatty? Too much pie, that's your problem.

28. Likes koppiteal, apod liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Ok,Are AR issued OPS Boots? Yes. Under certain circumstances.
    So.It stands to reason that if the Haix scouts are what is on issue as OPS boots then you will be allowed to wear them(remember the old Haix are now only being issued to PDF Inductees). Nothing in the rollout plan mentions the AR. Then again that can go two ways.It doesn't say the AR will NOT get them. In time.

30. Likes ODIN liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Ok,Are AR issued OPS Boots? Yes. Under certain circumstances.
    So.It stands to reason that if the Haix scouts are what is on issue as OPS boots then you will be allowed to wear them(remember the old Haix are now only being issued to PDF Inductees). Nothing in the rollout plan mentions the AR. Then again that can go two ways.It doesn't say the AR will NOT get them. In time.
    Reading between the lines is great fun!
    What are you cackling at, fatty? Too much pie, that's your problem.

Post Thanks / Like
    SFC

Post Thanks / Like
    Regarding the circumstances for issue if last haix i met the criteria on more than one occasion and was never issued.
    Always got an excuse

Post Thanks / Like
    You an RDFRA member? If so what did they do about this??
    What did your OC do? Your CS? Your CQ?? Did you just accept the BS and walk away or fight your ground. Nothing will come of nothing.

35. Thanks trellheim thanked for this post

Thread Information