• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Going to happen with fabric boots

Comment

• I did say that this was going to happen
      Sir I cant find my peltors........Private they are on your face

Comment

• Since 2016 the German military — the Bundeswehr — has planned to provide troops with new combat boots. Now soldiers must wait longer to be properly equipped, something one member of parliament described as "grotesque."

Comment

• Originally posted by spider pig View Post
          I did say that this was going to happen
          Yup me too
          "Well, stone me! We've had cocaine, bribery and Arsenal scoring two goals at home. But just when you thought there were truly no surprises left in football, Vinnie Jones turns out to be an international player!" (Jimmy Greaves)!"

Comment

• Originally posted by apod View Post
            New boots causing chaos. No definitive direction on when to wear. A9 says "As ordered". Each BDE and unit doing it differently. Whatever happened to Uniformity FFS

Also.Lack of guidance on and access to care products causing probs. Some lads boots already looking shabby after ranges etc.A lot of taxpayer money being pissed up against the wall.

Why can we never get things right? Do a bit of research with the manufacturers and issue proper kit and instructions for maintenance of equipment and issue proper guidance on it's use.
            Hopefully the chaos will lead to an update of A9. However, the boots being new, shiny, and possibly the only decent pair some personnel have, they may be wearing them non stop. In my opinion, having Black and Brown boots on issue at the same time was always going to be a sh1te show, if they were intent on going this path, they should have issued across the Army, PDF and RDF, and set a date to switch over to the new boot.

Given the times we live in with Covid, surely an instrucitonal video on YouTube on the care of Nubuck boots could be produced with the DF AV section. Include maybe some links to where you can get care and cleaning products for said boots. Of course, stores should be issuing said products, but I don't remember ever being issued Kiwi Parade Gloss for my initial order of boots, but I still had it.
            What are you cackling at, fatty? Too much pie, that's your problem.

Comment

• There’s massive directives going around from RSMs
              Sir I cant find my peltors........Private they are on your face

Comment

• surely an instrucitonal video on YouTube on the care of Nubuck boots could be produced with the DF AV section
                no requirement for AV section ? record something on your phone ?
                "Are they trying to shoot down the other drone? "

"No, they're trying to fly the tank"

Comment

• Originally posted by trellheim View Post
                  no requirement for AV section ? record something on your phone ?
                  Not sure if my phone recording would be of high enough quality to make it to the DF YouTube page, where something like this could be easily accessed. In fact, a whole series of uniform/kit care videos could be put out to be accessed by recruits etc.

Comment

• Hopefully the chaos will lead to an update of A9.
                    It has been,But it's a cop out. Just says "as ordered"(IE when to wear).

Originally posted by spider pig View Post
                    There’s massive directives going around from RSMs
                    But nothing consistent across the DF.
                    Individual units doing their own thing.
                    "Let us be clear about three facts. First, all battles and all wars are won in the end by the infantryman. Secondly, the infantryman always bears the brunt. His casualties are heavier, he suffers greater extremes of discomfort and fatigue than the other arms. Thirdly, the art of the infantryman is less stereotyped and far harder to acquire in modern war than that of any other arm." ------- Field Marshall Wavell, April 1945.

Comment

• Originally posted by spider pig View Post
                      There’s massive directives going around from RSMs
                      Rsms differ.
                      For now, everything hangs on implementation of the CoDF report.

Comment

• Not sure if my phone recording would be of high enough quality to make it to the DF YouTube page, where something like this could be easily accessed. In fact, a whole series of uniform/kit care videos could be put out to be accessed by recruits etc
                        Most recent phones record in high enough quality. Simple innovation like this is always important.

Comment

• Originally posted by ODIN View Post
                          Of course, stores should be issuing said products, but I don't remember ever being issued Kiwi Parade Gloss for my initial order of boots, but I still had it.
                          I got issued a boot cleaning kit back around 2012

2 good quality brush, a buffing cloth and guardsman gloss in a fabric bag

Comment

• Originally posted by DeV View Post
                            I got issued a boot cleaning kit back around 2012

2 good quality brush, a buffing cloth and guardsman gloss in a fabric bag
                            Your Q obviously likes you a lot more than my Q likes me

Comment

• I got one as well in 2008 one of the best bits of kit I ever got

only beaten by original pattern 90s kitbag

Comment

• Originally posted by trellheim View Post
                                I got one as well in 2008 one of the best bits of kit I ever got

only beaten by original pattern 90s kitbag
                                Off topic> I still have mine too. The Wife won't let me use it going on hols any more though.
                                For now, everything hangs on implementation of the CoDF report.

Comment

Working...
                                X