No announcement yet.

Single boot concept

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Only English speaking review of the soon to be issued Haix I have found.
    Auf YouTube findest du die angesagtesten Videos und Tracks. Außerdem kannst du eigene Inhalte hochladen und mit Freunden oder gleich der ganzen Welt teilen.
    "Let us be clear about three facts. First, all battles and all wars are won in the end by the infantryman. Secondly, the infantryman always bears the brunt. His casualties are heavier, he suffers greater extremes of discomfort and fatigue than the other arms. Thirdly, the art of the infantryman is less stereotyped and far harder to acquire in modern war than that of any other arm." ------- Field Marshall Wavell, April 1945.

Comment

• Originally posted by apod View Post
      Only English speaking review of the soon to be issued Haix I have found.
      https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VBgd8RWNNY4
      I assume our issue isn’t goretex?

Comment

• Originally posted by DeV View Post
        I assume our issue isn’t goretex?
        They don't do a non goretex version for public sale at the moment to the best of my knowledge. There may be a non gtx government contract version out there, but I'm not aware of it.

Our version is goretex. What he has shown, is exactly what is on order for the DF, presuming the PDF as they haven't ordered enough for the reserves by my figures.....

Comment

• Originally posted by northie View Post
          They don't do a non goretex version for public sale at the moment to the best of my knowledge. There may be a non gtx government contract version out there, but I'm not aware of it.

Our version is goretex. What he has shown, is exactly what is on order for the DF, presuming the PDF as they haven't ordered enough for the reserves by my figures.....
          Where are you getting that from? 18,500 is enough to kit out everyone in the audience by the current combined strength of the Army and AR and have plenty left over.The Artillery are getting a different boot as are the Squids and even if you include them in the scout issue you still have plenty. Remember it't one pair of these per soldier.Consider also how many people have them already from overseas.
          "Let us be clear about three facts. First, all battles and all wars are won in the end by the infantryman. Secondly, the infantryman always bears the brunt. His casualties are heavier, he suffers greater extremes of discomfort and fatigue than the other arms. Thirdly, the art of the infantryman is less stereotyped and far harder to acquire in modern war than that of any other arm." ------- Field Marshall Wavell, April 1945.

Comment

• Another review.

Comment

• Haix make good quality boots, these are an excellent, all round, robust boot for training and ops in temperate and warmer climates.

The gore-tex lining means it will be a bit stuffy in really hot climates, and that it will be a pig to dry out in very humid environments, but for European environments it will be a good fit - the only 'but' is winter in northern Europe (and the Lebanese mountains?), it will be fine for anyone doing lots of moving about, but (and this is personal experience, from Norway, Estonia, Kurdistan and Afghanistan), anyone who's fairly static in very cold, or snowy conditions, without an insulated boot could be in real trouble fairly quickly.

That doesn't mean it's a bad choice - the opposite is true - rather that like anything, it can't do everything.

Comment

• Originally posted by apod View Post
                Where are you getting that from? 18,500 is enough to kit out everyone in the audience by the current combined strength of the Army and AR and have plenty left over.The Artillery are getting a different boot as are the Squids and even if you include them in the scout issue you still have plenty. Remember it't one pair of these per soldier.Consider also how many people have them already from overseas.
                I was taking into account attrition through discharge by purchase and end of contract and the fact that a single pair will be issued to all - the 18,500 will be burned through by the PDF faster than might initially be thought.

Comment

• They will, after a year of anything non-office based use, look pretty ropey...

They'll be entirely serviceable, but bristle-headed, red-faced shouty men won't be very happy...

Comment

• Originally posted by northie View Post
                    I was taking into account attrition through discharge by purchase and end of contract and the fact that a single pair will be issued to all - the 18,500 will be burned through by the PDF faster than might initially be thought.
                    Both the PDF and RDF are understrength and recruiting can't change that as it stands. 18500 is enough to kit out all who need them as it stands and unless you are suggesting we stop issuing footwear to the RDF what's the alternative?They haven't tendered for any other general issue boot so RDF will have to get them also.The big question is will mixed dress be allowed if the boots are issued to individuals FWT or will whole units be issued?

Comment

• I never got issued the black haix even though i hit all the criteria.
                      There was never any of my size in stores
                      Im a 10 so i reckon there will be the same problem this time around

Comment

• Originally posted by koppiteal View Post
                        I never got issued the black haix even though i hit all the criteria.
                        I got a Size 10 pair in 2009 for going on a career course no problem... well, no problem once the little fkn jumped up gremlin in stores who thought the kit was his personal property, was put in his box...
                        "Well, stone me! We've had cocaine, bribery and Arsenal scoring two goals at home. But just when you thought there were truly no surprises left in football, Vinnie Jones turns out to be an international player!" (Jimmy Greaves)!"

Comment

• Originally posted by koppiteal View Post
                          I never got issued the black haix even though i hit all the criteria.
                          Shouldn't be an issue going forward.The Bks boot is gone.As is the current OP boot. So if and RDF member needs boots it will be an issue of Haix Scouts.

Comment

• Originally posted by Truck Driver View Post
                            I got a Size 10 pair in 2009 for going on a career course no problem... well, no problem once the little fkn jumped up gremlin in stores who thought the kit was his personal property, was put in his box...

My favourite excuse is "can't - those are all for the BN going overseas"
                            I knew a simple soldier boy.....
                            Who grinned at life in empty joy,
                            Slept soundly through the lonesome dark,
                            And whistled early with the lark.

In winter trenches, cowed and glum,
                            With crumps and lice and lack of rum,
                            He put a bullet through his brain.
                            And no one spoke of him again.

You smug-faced crowds with kindling eye
                            Who cheer when soldier lads march by,
                            Sneak home and pray you'll never know
                            The hell where youth and laughter go.

Comment

• so my old HAIX op boots are now 11 years old, magnums are 6 or so , what do I do here , or do I trade both pairs in for a scout or do we all only get one boot now cos thats not fair on people coming off the ground or what am I missing
                              "Are they trying to shoot down the other drone? "

"No, they're trying to fly the tank"

Comment

• Originally posted by Buck View Post
                                My favourite excuse is "can't - those are all for the BN going overseas"
                                Nah its always a recruit platoon coming in.

Comment

Working...
                                X