Single boot concept

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 1 BDE to be issued the Scouts first.
    "Let us be clear about three facts. First, all battles and all wars are won in the end by the infantryman. Secondly, the infantryman always bears the brunt. His casualties are heavier, he suffers greater extremes of discomfort and fatigue than the other arms. Thirdly, the art of the infantryman is less stereotyped and far harder to acquire in modern war than that of any other arm." ------- Field Marshall Wavell, April 1945.

Comment

• Any sign of Recruits or cadets to get the Scouts ? Asking for a friend :-)
      " People, we are Leaving !!"

Comment

• Originally posted by 84Mac View Post
        Any sign of Recruits or cadets to get the Scouts ? Asking for a friend :-)
        No. Inductees will be issued the last of the Black boot stock until it is exhausted. No Operational boots being issued at my call sign at the moment pending the issue of the scouts.
        "Let us be clear about three facts. First, all battles and all wars are won in the end by the infantryman. Secondly, the infantryman always bears the brunt. His casualties are heavier, he suffers greater extremes of discomfort and fatigue than the other arms. Thirdly, the art of the infantryman is less stereotyped and far harder to acquire in modern war than that of any other arm." ------- Field Marshall Wavell, April 1945.

Comment

• Originally posted by koppiteal View Post
          Ive never been issued haix.
          Met the criteria on more than 1 occasion and just never got them
          No you didn't - had this out with someone before, the "criteria" were written in such a way that it was impossible to meet them. People read them, interpretted them to mean one thing. But Q staff were told to interpret them differently.
          Last edited by Poiuyt; 24 September 2020, 16:21.

Comment

• Originally posted by Poiuyt View Post
            No you didn't - had this out with someone before, the "criteria" were written in such a way that it was impossible to meet them. People read them, interpretted them to mean one thing. But Q staff were told to interpret them differently.
            You may have been entitled to “demand” (as in under demanded on the form, not wreck the kip) them .... the Regs say no one is entitled to be issued anything

Comment

• 2 BDE operational units to be issued brown Haix's in two weeks time, followed later by 1 BDE and then DFTC.
              No word on when they can be 'officially' worn.

Comment

• Originally posted by Rhodes View Post
                2 BDE operational units to be issued brown Haix's in two weeks time, followed later by 1 BDE and then DFTC.
                No word on when they can be 'officially' worn.
                That's at odds with what G4 1BDE have put out. 1BDE getting them first. We will have to wait and see. Might have something to do with 1BDE Clothing stores being out of action due to a Covid scare.

As to them being worn I would say we will see and update to A9 before or just after the issue starts. Can't have the troops wearing "Unauthorised" kit now can we

(Having said that how long was the UBACS on issue before the regs were updated???? and the Boonie hat has NEVER been included in A9 so everytime we wear one we are improperly dressed!!!)
                Last edited by apod; 10 October 2020, 11:21.

Comment

• Originally posted by apod View Post
                  That's at odds with what G4 1BDE have put out. 1BDE getting them first. We will have to wait and see. Might have something to do with 1BDE Clothing stores being out of action due to a Covid scare.

As to them being worn I would say we will see and update to A9 before or just after the issue starts. Can't have the troops wearing "Unauthorised" kit now can we

(Having said that how long was the UBACS on issue before the regs were updated???? and the Boonie hat has NEVER been included in A9 so everytime we wear one we are improperly dressed!!!)
                  From D ORD.

Comment

• Originally posted by Rhodes View Post
                    From D ORD.
                    So was what I said.

I reckon the plan has been adjusted now that 1BDE stores is shut down.

Comment

• Had a look at the DCoS(SP) Letter of Instruction on the issue of the boots today. Sizing to kick off tomorrow with size rolls returned ASAP. Bulk issues to units commencing on a phased basis with priority being given to Operational units starting with the BDE's as outlined by Rhodes above. All issues to be completed by the week before Christmas with permission to wear coming into effect on 01 January 21.Only personnel who have not been previously issued them already(Overseas issue) since 2018 being issued a new pair although FWT issues can occur following a detailed inspection of the old pair.

Worn for Operational use only(one would assume that encompasses duties and Fitness tests etc but A9 amendment when it comes will cover that hopefully).

Black Haix being withdrawn for disposal once issues complete with Inductees continuing to be issued new stock of Black Haix until all gone.
                      Last edited by apod; 13 October 2020, 21:35.

Comment

• I would not like to wear them for the DFFTs. I am not a fan of them anyway

Comment

• Originally posted by Fantasia View Post
                          I would not like to wear them for the DFFTs. I am not a fan of them anyway
                          Why?? I wore them for the Part 3 recently. Way lighter and more comfortable than the Old Haix.Sole is thicker than the magnums so if you are walking on gravel etc you don't feel every single stone.

A positive move in one way.I still have doubts about Soldiers abilities to maintain them due to a lack of proper issued maintenance products and I reckon this could lead to a a lot of boots being ruined.

Now all we have to do is sort out the Barracks boots. Brown Magnums anyone???

Comment

• Originally posted by apod View Post
                            Why?? I wore them for the Part 3 recently. Way lighter and more comfortable than the Old Haix.Sole is thicker than the magnums so if you are walking on gravel etc you don't feel every single stone.
                            Sole is too inflexible for my liking. Others will like them. I do not

Comment

• I concur with Fantasia. The sole of the boot is too inflexible. Where other countries, eg our BA neighbors are going down the road of hybrid boot/runners which in my opinion makes sense. We’re meant to be incredibly mobile on a hypothetical battle field.

BA are currently sporting AKU which is far easier and looking at both Solomon and cloudrock. Waterproof and support yet designed to be running or mobile
                              Sir I cant find my peltors........Private they are on your face

Comment

• Had a look at the DCoS(SP) Letter of Instruction on the issue of the boots today. Sizing to kick off tomorrow with size rolls returned ASAP. Bulk issues to units commencing on a phased basis with priority being given to Operational units starting with the BDE's as outlined by Rhodes above. All issues to be completed by the week before Christmas with permission to wear coming into effect on 01 January 21.Only personnel who have not been previously issued them already(Overseas issue) since 2018 being issued a new pair although FWT issues can occur following a detailed inspection of the old pair.
                                Does the LOI apply to all branches RDF and PDF ?
                                "Are they trying to shoot down the other drone? "

"No, they're trying to fly the tank"

Comment

Working...
                                X