No announcement yet.

Single boot concept

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I have worn mine tabbing in very wet weather.No issues.Kept my feet dry.
    Worn them hillwalking in wet weather,in thick wet mud and through streams.No issues.(Recommend Gaiters though as they are a lower boot).
    Worn them hillwalking in mid summer hot conditions.Kept my feet cool.(They work better with decent socks such as bridgedales but the new issue coolmax socks are good also).

Latest rumour is that they WONT be the everyday boot but will be only worn "on the ground" until stocks of the black magnums run out.Talk of a Barrack boot in Brown being purchased but nothing certain yet. All I want to know is what is the delay in A9 being updated to allow their wear on island.Nearly Sept now and nothing.
    Last edited by apod; 15 August 2020, 08:57.
    "Let us be clear about three facts. First, all battles and all wars are won in the end by the infantryman. Secondly, the infantryman always bears the brunt. His casualties are heavier, he suffers greater extremes of discomfort and fatigue than the other arms. Thirdly, the art of the infantryman is less stereotyped and far harder to acquire in modern war than that of any other arm." ------- Field Marshall Wavell, April 1945.

Comment

• Originally posted by apod View Post
      Latest rumour is that they WONT be the everyday boot but will be only worn "on the ground" until stocks of the black magnums run out.Talk of a Barrack boot in Brown being purchased but nothing certain yet.
      Guess I'm due a new issue of Magnums so...

Aut viam inveniam aut faciam.

Comment

• Guess I'm due a new issue of Magnums so...
        And you would be issued the current,black,boot. Remember I said the Brown light Op/Bk boot is only being discussed. No purchase yet AFAIK.

So.It will be interesting to see how the head shed address the wearing of the new boots.

Field Ops/Ex only? Not around Bks? What about duties?

When the first Operational boots came on issue circa 1994 the instruction was that they were worn on all Regimental and ATCP duties.

Still makes sense in that a Barrack Stand too/MSG or Brigade stand too can get called out at very short notice and be deployed in all weathers and in unknown terrain. The same point applies to the UBACS. It should be worn on Regimental duties as GSBA may be required to be worn at short notice.(but I digress)
        "Let us be clear about three facts. First, all battles and all wars are won in the end by the infantryman. Secondly, the infantryman always bears the brunt. His casualties are heavier, he suffers greater extremes of discomfort and fatigue than the other arms. Thirdly, the art of the infantryman is less stereotyped and far harder to acquire in modern war than that of any other arm." ------- Field Marshall Wavell, April 1945.

Comment

And you would be issued the current,black,boot. Remember I said the Brown light Op/Bk boot is only being discussed. No purchase yet AFAIK.

So.It will be interesting to see how the head shed address the wearing of the new boots.

Field Ops/Ex only? Not around Bks? What about duties?

When the first Operational boots came on issue circa 1994 the instruction was that they were worn on all Regimental and ATCP duties.

Still makes sense in that a Barrack Stand too/MSG or Brigade stand too can get called out at very short notice and be deployed in all weathers and in unknown terrain. The same point applies to the UBACS. It should be worn on Regimental duties as GSBA may be required to be worn at short notice.(but I digress)
          So, in effect, the head shed has admitted that the single boot concept has failed...Pretty sure we called that out on this thread a few months back!
          What are you cackling at, fatty? Too much pie, that's your problem.

Comment

• Originally posted by ODIN View Post
            So, in effect, the head shed has admitted that the single boot concept has failed...Pretty sure we called that out on this thread a few months back!
            As usual Brilliant ideas such as this are personality driven.I believe that "Personality" has retired.Letting common sense return.

Comment

• Told by one of the stores lads at my unit that the rollout has started.If you put in for Operational boots now you are issued the brown Haix.
              All we need is the regs changed to allow us to wear them now
              Seriously. How long does it take to type something up and get a General to sign it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!?????

Comment

Told by one of the stores lads at my unit that the rollout has started.If you put in for Operational boots now you are issued the brown Haix.
                Seriously. How long does it take to type something up and get a General to sign it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!?????
                5 Years minimum?
                For now, everything hangs on implementation of the CoDF report.

Comment

Told by one of the stores lads at my unit that the rollout has started.If you put in for Operational boots now you are issued the brown Haix.
                  Not even a general. A updated letter of instruction from DJ4 would suffice stating whom the boot should be issued to would help greatly.

Comment

• Originally posted by northie View Post
                    Not even a general. A updated letter of instruction from DJ4 would suffice stating whom the boot should be issued to would help greatly.
                    The problem is you can’t wear them (not that you can’t be issued them)

Comment

• Originally posted by DeV View Post
                      The problem is you can’t wear them (not that you can’t be issued them)
                      Typical DF. Seriously. J1 need to get the finger out ref the Admin Instruction. A lad arrived back from overseas leave today at my callsign wearing his ISSUED Brown Haix. He had worn out his Black boots before(Haix) and during(Magnums) his overseas trip. He got hopped off by the BSM and told to go change. "Into what?" he replied.

Black Haix have stopped being issued BTW.

Comment

Typical DF. Seriously. J1 need to get the finger out ref the Admin Instruction. A lad arrived back from overseas leave today at my callsign wearing his ISSUED Brown Haix. He had worn out his Black boots before(Haix) and during(Magnums) his overseas trip. He got hopped off by the BSM and told to go change. "Into what?" he replied.

Well the ones I have will have to do me unless there is a direct swap policy (Haix Tibets for Haix Scouts) - can't see this happening in the short term for RDF personnel anyways.

My issued ones are perfectly serviceable after 11 years (for the amount of times I'd be wearing them)
                        "Well, stone me! We've had cocaine, bribery and Arsenal scoring two goals at home. But just when you thought there were truly no surprises left in football, Vinnie Jones turns out to be an international player!" (Jimmy Greaves)!"

Comment

Your story reminds me of Murph's story from years ago where RDF personnel couldn't get Magnums. With an upcoming GOC's inspection, a check parade was held in advance. The sight of personnel on the parade in runners managed to magic up the required boots
                          "Well, stone me! We've had cocaine, bribery and Arsenal scoring two goals at home. But just when you thought there were truly no surprises left in football, Vinnie Jones turns out to be an international player!" (Jimmy Greaves)!"

Comment

• Ive never been issued haix.
                            Met the criteria on more than 1 occasion and just never got them

Comment

• Originally posted by koppiteal View Post
                              Ive never been issued haix.
                              Met the criteria on more than 1 occasion and just never got them
                              Get on to your Representative association......................Oh wait!

All jokes aside.That's a disgrace.Your Cadre and RDF Officers/SNCO's need to get their finger out. I was told today that black boots have stopped being issued and existing stock will be held back for issue to new entrants. Smart move. How many new entrants drop out and their kit gets returned and then destroyed? Good way to run down the existing old stock and not waste newly purchased "new style" boots on those who may not stay the course.
                              Last edited by apod; 27 August 2020, 10:01.

Comment

• There was always an excuse.
                                No size 10s new recruits,overseas ect.

Comment

Working...
                                X