Single boot concept

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What's this about OP Gloves?
    What are you cackling at, fatty? Too much pie, that's your problem.

Comment

• Originally posted by ODIN View Post
      What's this about OP Gloves?
      Not wanting to stray too much off topic but there is a new glove going on issue to Land Combat Units alongside the current DPM general issue gloves that all other units continue to get.
      Trialled by the NCOTW not too long ago.AFAIK it's these or a variant of same.
      Viper Tactical Elite Gloves in Green colour. For sale at Military 1st, the tactical online store. Visit our website for a full range of tactical gloves, clothing and accessories. Shipping across Ireland.
      "Let us be clear about three facts. First, all battles and all wars are won in the end by the infantryman. Secondly, the infantryman always bears the brunt. His casualties are heavier, he suffers greater extremes of discomfort and fatigue than the other arms. Thirdly, the art of the infantryman is less stereotyped and far harder to acquire in modern war than that of any other arm." ------- Field Marshall Wavell, April 1945.

Comment

• Originally posted by apod View Post
        Not wanting to stray too much off topic but there is a new glove going on issue to Land Combat Units alongside the current DPM general issue gloves that all other units continue to get.
        Trialled by the NCOTW not too long ago.AFAIK it's these or a variant of same.
        https://www.military1st.ie/bvgloelg-...ves-green.html
        Essentially a knock off of the Oakley Factory Pilot. A nice good but the price has climbed something shocking in recent years.

Not that there's anything wrong with a knock off if it works.

Comment

• Originally posted by northie View Post
          Essentially a knock off of the Oakley Factory Pilot. A nice good but the price has climbed something shocking in recent years.

Not that there's anything wrong with a knock off if it works.
          Criminal price for the Oakley version on Amazon!!

Comment

• Originally posted by ODIN View Post
            Criminal price for the Oakley version on Amazon!!
            Well while these guys keep paying that price
            For now, everything hangs on implementation of the CoDF report.

Comment

These are the Scouts on issue.https://armyworld.pl/product-eng-884...I-Quality.html

Although I know they did trial the Desert version above also. IMHO they should have gone for the BW's version of the Scout which is a darker brown(Hides stains better).
              https://www.bundeswehr-und-mehr.de/o...3-wahl/a-4903/
              Brixworkwear selling in Ireland...

"Well, stone me! We've had cocaine, bribery and Arsenal scoring two goals at home. But just when you thought there were truly no surprises left in football, Vinnie Jones turns out to be an international player!" (Jimmy Greaves)!"

Comment

• Originally posted by Truck Driver View Post
                Message them and ask for a DF discount code if ordering.They will knock a bit off the price.
                "Let us be clear about three facts. First, all battles and all wars are won in the end by the infantryman. Secondly, the infantryman always bears the brunt. His casualties are heavier, he suffers greater extremes of discomfort and fatigue than the other arms. Thirdly, the art of the infantryman is less stereotyped and far harder to acquire in modern war than that of any other arm." ------- Field Marshall Wavell, April 1945.

Comment

• Originally posted by The real Jack View Post
                  I came across this site that's selling Haix factory seconds, the grade II are just meant to be cosmetic defects and grade III are meant to have a defective goretex lining. The grade IIs could be worth a punt, they have scouts and the French army Nepal's amongst others. https://armyworld.pl/product-eng-123...I-Quality.html
                  Bought a pair of Grade II Nepals off them the other day. Delivered in just under two weeks, not entirely sure why they were deemed seconds, perfect condition, not a scratch on them. Just need to wait for the restrictions to lift so I can go and torture them a bit!

Comment

• Originally posted by L.T.Smash! View Post
                    Bought a pair of Grade II Nepals off them the other day. Delivered in just under two weeks, not entirely sure why they were deemed seconds, perfect condition, not a scratch on them. Just need to wait for the restrictions to lift so I can go and torture them a bit!

Can be simply a deviation from the customers spec - eg if Ireland insists on D-rings instead of locking hooks and they make a batch with hooks, Ireland will reject as they aren't to the tendered spec. They become seconds. Or they might be missing the webbing heel strap.

Comment

• If anybody is thinking about buying the Scouts in the same spec as the issue boots do so now.Haix have stopped making them except for Government contracts and have shifted to the Mk2 design which has open hooks instead of lace tunnels.Get the originals while you still can.

Comment

So apparently roll out to begin this month to overseas and operational units with permission to wear at home from the start of next month.

Will believe it when I see it.
                        Looks like you might be right. No sign yet and no update to A9 or L3 either. The wheels they grind slow.

Comment

• Nearly July now and still no sign of the regs being updated to allow for their use and the only people I have seen wearing them are people who had them from overseas and usually only when the BSM isn't around

Comment

Nearly July now and still no sign of the regs being updated to allow for their use and the only people I have seen wearing them are people who had them from overseas and usually only when the BSM isn't around
                            Pushed back to September apparently.

Comment

Pushed back to September apparently.
                              Why am I not surprised. Is there any reason for this??

Comment

• Anybody tried out the Scouts yet? The soles have gone on my two pairs of Lowas (Gore Tex and Non Gore Tex version), and I'm considering an all out replacement. Options are either the Haix Scout or the Lowa Zephyr GX Mid.

Comment

Working...
                                X