Thanks Thanks:  109
Likes Likes:  230
Dislikes Dislikes:  1
Page 13 of 14 FirstFirst ... 311121314 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like
    I have worn mine tabbing in very wet weather.No issues.Kept my feet dry.
    Worn them hillwalking in wet weather,in thick wet mud and through streams.No issues.(Recommend Gaiters though as they are a lower boot).
    Worn them hillwalking in mid summer hot conditions.Kept my feet cool.(They work better with decent socks such as bridgedales but the new issue coolmax socks are good also).

Latest rumour is that they WONT be the everyday boot but will be only worn "on the ground" until stocks of the black magnums run out.Talk of a Barrack boot in Brown being purchased but nothing certain yet. All I want to know is what is the delay in A9 being updated to allow their wear on island.Nearly Sept now and nothing.
    Last edited by apod; 15th August 2020 at 08:57.
    "105,000 dead. 40,000,000 unemployed. Police murdering African-Americans. You’ve completed you’re mission. You’ve made America great. Now get the f**k out."

- Rob Reiner.

"Yes he's an idiot with zero common sense,and no social skills,but he IS my son.I just hope he never goes into politics.He'd be a disaster.

- Mary Anne Trump

#unfollowtrump

2. Thanks Captain Edmund Blackadder thanked for this post
    Flanders Pidgeon Murderer Captain Edmund Blackadder's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by apod View Post
    Latest rumour is that they WONT be the everyday boot but will be only worn "on the ground" until stocks of the black magnums run out.Talk of a Barrack boot in Brown being purchased but nothing certain yet.
    Guess I'm due a new issue of Magnums so...

Aut viam inveniam aut faciam.

Post Thanks / Like
    Guess I'm due a new issue of Magnums so...
    And you would be issued the current,black,boot. Remember I said the Brown light Op/Bk boot is only being discussed. No purchase yet AFAIK.

So.It will be interesting to see how the head shed address the wearing of the new boots.

Field Ops/Ex only? Not around Bks? What about duties?

When the first Operational boots came on issue circa 1994 the instruction was that they were worn on all Regimental and ATCP duties.

Still makes sense in that a Barrack Stand too/MSG or Brigade stand too can get called out at very short notice and be deployed in all weathers and in unknown terrain. The same point applies to the UBACS. It should be worn on Regimental duties as GSBA may be required to be worn at short notice.(but I digress)
    "105,000 dead. 40,000,000 unemployed. Police murdering African-Americans. You’ve completed you’re mission. You’ve made America great. Now get the f**k out."

- Rob Reiner.

"Yes he's an idiot with zero common sense,and no social skills,but he IS my son.I just hope he never goes into politics.He'd be a disaster.

- Mary Anne Trump

#unfollowtrump

5. Thanks holdfast thanked for this post
    Likes EUFighter, Truck Driver liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    And you would be issued the current,black,boot. Remember I said the Brown light Op/Bk boot is only being discussed. No purchase yet AFAIK.

So.It will be interesting to see how the head shed address the wearing of the new boots.

Field Ops/Ex only? Not around Bks? What about duties?

When the first Operational boots came on issue circa 1994 the instruction was that they were worn on all Regimental and ATCP duties.

Still makes sense in that a Barrack Stand too/MSG or Brigade stand too can get called out at very short notice and be deployed in all weathers and in unknown terrain. The same point applies to the UBACS. It should be worn on Regimental duties as GSBA may be required to be worn at short notice.(but I digress)
    So, in effect, the head shed has admitted that the single boot concept has failed...Pretty sure we called that out on this thread a few months back!
    What are you cackling at, fatty? Too much pie, that's your problem.

7. Likes DeV, Truck Driver, Flamingo, hptmurphy liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by ODIN View Post
    So, in effect, the head shed has admitted that the single boot concept has failed...Pretty sure we called that out on this thread a few months back!
    As usual Brilliant ideas such as this are personality driven.I believe that "Personality" has retired.Letting common sense return.

- Rob Reiner.

- Mary Anne Trump

#unfollowtrump

9. Likes EUFighter, ODIN, sofa, Flamingo liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Told by one of the stores lads at my unit that the rollout has started.If you put in for Operational boots now you are issued the brown Haix.
    All we need is the regs changed to allow us to wear them now
    Seriously. How long does it take to type something up and get a General to sign it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!?????

- Rob Reiner.

- Mary Anne Trump

#unfollowtrump

11. Likes RoyalGreenJacket liked this post
    Commander in Chief
    Post Thanks / Like
    Told by one of the stores lads at my unit that the rollout has started.If you put in for Operational boots now you are issued the brown Haix.
    Seriously. How long does it take to type something up and get a General to sign it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!?????
    5 Years minimum?
    German 1: Private Schnutz, I have bad news for you.
    German 2: Private? I am a general!
    German 1: That is the bad news.

13. Likes apod liked this post
    Sergeant Major
    Post Thanks / Like
    Not even a general. A updated letter of instruction from DJ4 would suffice stating whom the boot should be issued to would help greatly.

15. Likes apod liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by northie View Post
    Not even a general. A updated letter of instruction from DJ4 would suffice stating whom the boot should be issued to would help greatly.
    The problem is you can’t wear them (not that you can’t be issued them)

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by DeV View Post
    The problem is you can’t wear them (not that you can’t be issued them)
    Typical DF. Seriously. J1 need to get the finger out ref the Admin Instruction. A lad arrived back from overseas leave today at my callsign wearing his ISSUED Brown Haix. He had worn out his Black boots before(Haix) and during(Magnums) his overseas trip. He got hopped off by the BSM and told to go change. "Into what?" he replied.

Black Haix have stopped being issued BTW.

- Rob Reiner.

- Mary Anne Trump

#unfollowtrump

18. Likes DeV liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Typical DF. Seriously. J1 need to get the finger out ref the Admin Instruction. A lad arrived back from overseas leave today at my callsign wearing his ISSUED Brown Haix. He had worn out his Black boots before(Haix) and during(Magnums) his overseas trip. He got hopped off by the BSM and told to go change. "Into what?" he replied.

Well the ones I have will have to do me unless there is a direct swap policy (Haix Tibets for Haix Scouts) - can't see this happening in the short term for RDF personnel anyways.

My issued ones are perfectly serviceable after 11 years (for the amount of times I'd be wearing them)
    "Well, stone me! We've had cocaine, bribery and Arsenal scoring two goals at home. But just when you thought there were truly no surprises left in football, Vinnie Jones turns out to be an international player!" (Jimmy Greaves)!"

Post Thanks / Like

Your story reminds me of Murph's story from years ago where RDF personnel couldn't get Magnums. With an upcoming GOC's inspection, a check parade was held in advance. The sight of personnel on the parade in runners managed to magic up the required boots
    "Well, stone me! We've had cocaine, bribery and Arsenal scoring two goals at home. But just when you thought there were truly no surprises left in football, Vinnie Jones turns out to be an international player!" (Jimmy Greaves)!"

21. Thanks DeV thanked for this post
    Likes Flamingo, na grohmiti liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Ive never been issued haix.
    Met the criteria on more than 1 occasion and just never got them

23. Likes UniSol liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by koppiteal View Post
    Get on to your Representative association......................Oh wait!

All jokes aside.That's a disgrace.Your Cadre and RDF Officers/SNCO's need to get their finger out. I was told today that black boots have stopped being issued and existing stock will be held back for issue to new entrants. Smart move. How many new entrants drop out and their kit gets returned and then destroyed? Good way to run down the existing old stock and not waste newly purchased "new style" boots on those who may not stay the course.
    Last edited by apod; 27th August 2020 at 10:01.

- Rob Reiner.

- Mary Anne Trump

#unfollowtrump

25. Likes DeV liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    There was always an excuse.
    No size 10s new recruits,overseas ect.

27. Likes na grohmiti liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    1 BDE to be issued the Scouts first.

- Rob Reiner.

- Mary Anne Trump

#unfollowtrump

29. Thanks Truck Driver thanked for this post
    Likes na grohmiti, ODIN liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Any sign of Recruits or cadets to get the Scouts ? Asking for a friend :-)
    " People, we are Leaving !!"

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by 84Mac View Post
    Any sign of Recruits or cadets to get the Scouts ? Asking for a friend :-)
    No. Inductees will be issued the last of the Black boot stock until it is exhausted. No Operational boots being issued at my call sign at the moment pending the issue of the scouts.

- Rob Reiner.

- Mary Anne Trump

#unfollowtrump

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by koppiteal View Post
    No you didn't - had this out with someone before, the "criteria" were written in such a way that it was impossible to meet them. People read them, interpretted them to mean one thing. But Q staff were told to interpret them differently.
    Last edited by Poiuyt; 24th September 2020 at 16:21.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Poiuyt View Post
    No you didn't - had this out with someone before, the "criteria" were written in such a way that it was impossible to meet them. People read them, interpretted them to mean one thing. But Q staff were told to interpret them differently.
    You may have been entitled to “demand” (as in under demanded on the form, not wreck the kip) them .... the Regs say no one is entitled to be issued anything

Brigadier General
    Post Thanks / Like
    2 BDE operational units to be issued brown Haix's in two weeks time, followed later by 1 BDE and then DFTC.
    No word on when they can be 'officially' worn.

35. Likes DeV liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Rhodes View Post
    2 BDE operational units to be issued brown Haix's in two weeks time, followed later by 1 BDE and then DFTC.
    No word on when they can be 'officially' worn.
    That's at odds with what G4 1BDE have put out. 1BDE getting them first. We will have to wait and see. Might have something to do with 1BDE Clothing stores being out of action due to a Covid scare.

As to them being worn I would say we will see and update to A9 before or just after the issue starts. Can't have the troops wearing "Unauthorised" kit now can we

(Having said that how long was the UBACS on issue before the regs were updated???? and the Boonie hat has NEVER been included in A9 so everytime we wear one we are improperly dressed!!!)
    Last edited by apod; 10th October 2020 at 11:21.

- Rob Reiner.

- Mary Anne Trump

#unfollowtrump

37. Thanks na grohmiti, DeV thanked for this post
    Brigadier General
    Post Thanks / Like
    That's at odds with what G4 1BDE have put out. 1BDE getting them first. We will have to wait and see. Might have something to do with 1BDE Clothing stores being out of action due to a Covid scare.

As to them being worn I would say we will see and update to A9 before or just after the issue starts. Can't have the troops wearing "Unauthorised" kit now can we

(Having said that how long was the UBACS on issue before the regs were updated???? and the Boonie hat has NEVER been included in A9 so everytime we wear one we are improperly dressed!!!)
    From D ORD.

39. Thanks DeV thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Rhodes View Post
    From D ORD.
    So was what I said.

I reckon the plan has been adjusted now that 1BDE stores is shut down.

- Rob Reiner.

- Mary Anne Trump

#unfollowtrump

Post Thanks / Like
    Had a look at the DCoS(SP) Letter of Instruction on the issue of the boots today. Sizing to kick off tomorrow with size rolls returned ASAP. Bulk issues to units commencing on a phased basis with priority being given to Operational units starting with the BDE's as outlined by Rhodes above. All issues to be completed by the week before Christmas with permission to wear coming into effect on 01 January 21.Only personnel who have not been previously issued them already(Overseas issue) since 2018 being issued a new pair although FWT issues can occur following a detailed inspection of the old pair.

Worn for Operational use only(one would assume that encompasses duties and Fitness tests etc but A9 amendment when it comes will cover that hopefully).

Black Haix being withdrawn for disposal once issues complete with Inductees continuing to be issued new stock of Black Haix until all gone.
    Last edited by apod; 13th October 2020 at 21:35.

- Rob Reiner.

- Mary Anne Trump

#unfollowtrump

42. Thanks DeV thanked for this post
    Likes Rhodes liked this post

Thread Information