No announcement yet.

Single boot concept

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I had it out with CQ. He had it out with BQ. There was always someone ahead due for issue eg recruits or overseas so i just didnt bother then. Thats on me i suppose.

Comment

• Originally posted by koppiteal View Post
      I had it out with CQ. He had it out with BQ. There was always someone ahead due for issue eg recruits or overseas so i just didnt bother then. Thats on me i suppose.
      I call bulls**t on that. The CQ and BQ aren't arguing over a single pair of boots that needs to go overseas or recruits, unless you've got ridiculous size requirements!! I'd push them again.
      What are you cackling at, fatty? Too much pie, that's your problem.

Comment

• Im a size 10. Tbf it wasnt just me there were a few at my call sign

Comment

• Originally posted by koppiteal View Post
          Im a size 10. Tbf it wasnt just me there were a few at my call sign
          As far as I remember, the entitlement is there if you are on a course that has a tactical ex of 72 hours plus, you are entitled to be issued a pair.
          What are you cackling at, fatty? Too much pie, that's your problem.

Comment

• The cynic in me says now is the best ever time for an RDF man to get a pair of black HAIX they'll be racing to give them away.
            "Are they trying to shoot down the other drone? "

"No, they're trying to fly the tank"

Comment

• Originally posted by ODIN View Post
              As far as I remember, the entitlement is there if you are on a course that has a tactical ex of 72 hours plus, you are entitled to be issued a pair.

And Certified by G4

Comment

• you don’t go to stores often ?
                Last edited by spider pig; 5 February 2021, 23:08.
                Sir I cant find my peltors........Private they are on your face

Comment

• Originally posted by ODIN View Post
                  The hardy RDF don’t get cold or wet for the first 71 hours we know that.... and the RDF Admin & Logs personnel don’t get cold or wet at all

And there is no where between Coy HQ and G4 that said letter could get “lost”

And you’ll get enough notice or course as well

Or by the way no one is entitled to an issue you are entitled to “demand” there are words to that effect in L3

Originally posted by spider pig View Post
                  you don’t go to stores often ?
                  Me?
                  Try and avoid it but in fairness any time I’ve been in they are fairly good
                  Last edited by DeV; 5 February 2021, 23:38.

Comment

• Join the PDF if you want the same kit, they need them. If your still upset you did not get a pair raise it under h & s, in writing and you will get them.

Comment

• Originally posted by batterysgt View Post
                      Join the PDF if you want the same kit, they need them. If your still upset you did not get a pair raise it under h & s, in writing and you will get them.
                      That's a real A******e post if ever there was one. You must be real popular with your peers. Under Regulations he should have been issued the boots if he met the requirements.Period.His branch of the DF is immaterial. Yes the PDF do need OP Boots.But so do AR(under certain circumstances),and especially under the current climate.

On another note I got issued my Scouts yesterday. The BS about only being issued the size you had in the old Haix was wadied. We got to try them on. I deliberately wore the thicker socks I would normally wear "on the ground". My normal size was too tight so I went a size up. Pity there were no half sizes as I would say that would have been a good compromise.

Sad to say though that they didn't come with anything.No spare laces/footbed or especially a maintenance product. Little leaflet just saying to use "Haix Maintenance products".

Great. Where is the average lad/Lass supposed to pick that up? And what product should they purchase even if they could???. Total cluster. Boots will be wrecked in no time.Well done DF. No forethought as usual.
                      "Let us be clear about three facts. First, all battles and all wars are won in the end by the infantryman. Secondly, the infantryman always bears the brunt. His casualties are heavier, he suffers greater extremes of discomfort and fatigue than the other arms. Thirdly, the art of the infantryman is less stereotyped and far harder to acquire in modern war than that of any other arm." ------- Field Marshall Wavell, April 1945.

Comment

• Originally posted by apod View Post
                        That's a real A******e post if ever there was one. You must be real popular with your peers. Under Regulations he should have been issued the boots if he met the requirements.Period.His branch of the DF is immaterial. Yes the PDF do need OP Boots.But so do AR(under certain circumstances),and especially under the current climate.

On another note I got issued my Scouts yesterday. The BS about only being issued the size you had in the old Haix was wadied. We got to try them on. I deliberately wore the thicker socks I would normally wear "on the ground". My normal size was too tight so I went a size up. Pity there were no half sizes as I would say that would have been a good compromise.

Sad to say though that they didn't come with anything.No spare laces/footbed or especially a maintenance product. Little leaflet just saying to use "Haix Maintenance products".

Great. Where is the average lad/Lass supposed to pick that up? And what product should they purchase even if they could???. Total cluster. Boots will be wrecked in no time.Well done DF. No forethought as usual.
                        Never mind the no maintenance products... boots that don’t fit due to no 1/2 sizes!

Comment

• Usually Haix come with their own special polish, spare insoles and spare laces.
                          For now, everything hangs on implementation of the CoDF report.

Comment

• Originally posted by na grohmiti View Post
                            Usually Haix come with their own special polish, spare insoles and spare laces.
                            Not the new ones. Funny though. On the tender it stated spare laces were supposed to be supplied with. I wonder where that went pear shaped?

I also wonder would it be worth buying a multipack or two of the Haix cream meant for those particular boots from the suppliers and giving the lads a place to buy it from Nice little gap in the market.
                            "Let us be clear about three facts. First, all battles and all wars are won in the end by the infantryman. Secondly, the infantryman always bears the brunt. His casualties are heavier, he suffers greater extremes of discomfort and fatigue than the other arms. Thirdly, the art of the infantryman is less stereotyped and far harder to acquire in modern war than that of any other arm." ------- Field Marshall Wavell, April 1945.

Comment

• Originally posted by apod View Post
                              Not the new ones. Funny though. On the tender it stated spare laces were supposed to be supplied with. I wonder where that went pear shaped?

I also wonder would it be worth buying a multipack or two of the Haix cream meant for those particular boots from the suppliers and giving the lads a place to buy it from Nice little gap in the market.
                              I was surprised that a certain store in the midlands didn’t have any of the black Haix cream on sale considering it’s location.

I worded online and the service is very good

Comment

• New boots causing chaos. No definitive direction on when to wear. A9 says "As ordered". Each BDE and unit doing it differently. Whatever happened to Uniformity FFS

Also.Lack of guidance on and access to care products causing probs. Some lads boots already looking shabby after ranges etc.A lot of taxpayer money being pissed up against the wall.

Why can we never get things right? Do a bit of research with the manufacturers and issue proper kit and instructions for maintenance of equipment and issue proper guidance on it's use.
                                Last edited by apod; 5 March 2021, 14:14.

Comment

Working...
                                X