Thanks Thanks:  80
Likes Likes:  150
Dislikes Dislikes:  1
Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 8910
    Post Thanks / Like
    There isn't any. As long as they are brown and issued they can wear them AFAIK.

I wonder also if the Drop shorts will be issued both the normal Scouts for day to day use AND the new Safe toes that are only being purchased for them?
    Same with the Wing.I can't see them cutting about in Brown Lowas all the time either.
    Infantry Corps - An Lámh Comhrac

"Let us be clear about three facts:First of all.All battles and all wars are won in the end by the Infantryman.Secondly the Infantryman bears the brunt of the fighting,his casualties are heavier and he suffers greater extremes of fatigue and discomfort than the other arms.Thirdly,the art of the Infantryman is less stereotyped and harder to acquire than that of any other arm".
    -- Field Marshall Earl Wavell.1948

Commandant
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by DeV View Post
    Meanwhile the MOD 7 years ago did this
    https://www.gov.uk/government/news/d...w-combat-boots

I do wonder how that works for uniformity for parade though
    There's no such thing now - and we've discovered that it doesn't matter.

Lots of people, me included, wear the Aku base boot for general mooching, but once you're out on the range or whatever it's anything goes.

They don't even need to be issue boots, the choice available means that almost everyone does wear one of the issued boots, but there are people who wear non-issued boots - stuff like Meindls, Lowas etc...

If we do a parade - like a freedom march - we'll try and get everyone in a similar boot, and the last time I did one it was a mix of Alt-bergs and Haixs CWW(and I presume anything else that looked similar) but that's the extent of uniformity of boots.

3. Thanks sofa thanked for this post

Thread Information