Single boot concept

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Contracts finally awarded.
    Bond safety of Monaghan (AKA Brix workwear) awarded both the DF and GS contracts.

All I can say is.It's about time as the bottom of the barrel is being scrapped at the moment IOT kit out new entrants with footwear.
    "Let us be clear about three facts. First, all battles and all wars are won in the end by the infantryman. Secondly, the infantryman always bears the brunt. His casualties are heavier, he suffers greater extremes of discomfort and fatigue than the other arms. Thirdly, the art of the infantryman is less stereotyped and far harder to acquire in modern war than that of any other arm." ------- Field Marshall Wavell, April 1945.

Comment

• Originally posted by apod View Post
      Contracts finally awarded.
      Bond safety of Monaghan (AKA Brix workwear) awarded both the DF and GS contracts.

All I can say is.It's about time as the bottom of the barrel is being scrapped at the moment IOT kit out new entrants with footwear.
      What a surprise..... not.

The contract was essentially drafted in such a manner so that only certain products met the tender. And as Brix are Haixs sole (no pun intended) distributor in Ireland it was foregone.

Hopefully they will have the ability to meet their contractual obligations ref delivery timetables.

Haix seem to have gotten a huge chunk of the Govt market over the last few years, the UK, French, Finns and Germans have ordered big numbers (hundreds of thousands of pairs) over the last few years.

Comment

• Army Boots | Military Combat Boots: Great range of Magnum and Haix militray combat boots at Brixworkwear.com. Free shipping to UK and Ireland !

We supply the Irish Armed Forces with their army boots. The combat boot ranges we supply to the army are Magnumand Haix. Magnum are one of the best selling army boots in the world and are supplied to the MOD. They are constantly improving their army boots to meet the exacting standards required by modern armed forces.
        Haix supply many European armies with their combat boots. Our parent company has just been awarded the tender to supply the Irish Army for the next three years with a Haix combat boot designed around the Haix Tibet Forest and with the steel toe version of the Magnum Scorpion Army Combat Boot
        Lest there be any doubt.
        For now, everything hangs on implementation of the CoDF report.

Comment

• Originally posted by na grohmiti View Post
          Thats a statement ref the old boots, as listed here

Comment

• Cadets due to get the new boots in the next few weeks.
            "Let us be clear about three facts. First, all battles and all wars are won in the end by the infantryman. Secondly, the infantryman always bears the brunt. His casualties are heavier, he suffers greater extremes of discomfort and fatigue than the other arms. Thirdly, the art of the infantryman is less stereotyped and far harder to acquire in modern war than that of any other arm." ------- Field Marshall Wavell, April 1945.

Comment

• Originally posted by apod View Post
              Cadets due to get the new boots in the next few weeks.
              So what happens the existing stocks of operational boots (Haix Black)? Issue to RDF? Other?
              "Well, stone me! We've had cocaine, bribery and Arsenal scoring two goals at home. But just when you thought there were truly no surprises left in football, Vinnie Jones turns out to be an international player!" (Jimmy Greaves)!"

Comment

• Landfill, usually.

Comment

• Originally posted by na grohmiti View Post
                  Landfill, usually.
                  No!

Red paint, THEN landfill
                  I knew a simple soldier boy.....
                  Who grinned at life in empty joy,
                  Slept soundly through the lonesome dark,
                  And whistled early with the lark.

In winter trenches, cowed and glum,
                  With crumps and lice and lack of rum,
                  He put a bullet through his brain.
                  And no one spoke of him again.

You smug-faced crowds with kindling eye
                  Who cheer when soldier lads march by,
                  Sneak home and pray you'll never know
                  The hell where youth and laughter go.

Comment

• I apologise. How is something supposed to disappear if you don't dawb it in red paint first...

Comment

• Originally posted by Truck Driver View Post
                      So what happens the existing stocks of operational boots (Haix Black)? Issue to RDF? Other?
                      I imagine they'll be run down and yes, issued to RDF en masse.

Comment

• Stocks are already being run down. Not all the recruits at my callsign got the standard Haix operational boots due to shortages and got the off the shelf version instead.Same with the Magnums.

Comment

• What's the craic with the scale of issue? One or two pairs? Currently wearing mine overseas and I can't see how you could possibly keep a pair parade ready, even with only light barracks use.

Comment

• From what I have been told (and this might be subject to change) it is one pair.
                            Thats right.One pair of boots to replace two.
                            To do you for everything.

Who thought that was a good idea????

Comment

• Maybe they took "single" boot concept too literally? I mean, should you be lucky you even got a matching pair?

Comment

• Being issued TWO...………………………….singles.

Comment

Working...
                                X