Single boot concept

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by apod View Post
    From what I have been told (and this might be subject to change) it is one pair.
    Thats right.One pair of boots to replace two.
    To do you for everything.

Who thought that was a good idea????
    The heads at the DoD who have one pair of office shoes to do them
    I knew a simple soldier boy.....
    Who grinned at life in empty joy,
    Slept soundly through the lonesome dark,
    And whistled early with the lark.

In winter trenches, cowed and glum,
    With crumps and lice and lack of rum,
    He put a bullet through his brain.
    And no one spoke of him again.

You smug-faced crowds with kindling eye
    Who cheer when soldier lads march by,
    Sneak home and pray you'll never know
    The hell where youth and laughter go.

Comment

• Originally posted by Wiggles View Post
      What's the craic with the scale of issue? One or two pairs? Currently wearing mine overseas and I can't see how you could possibly keep a pair parade ready, even with only light barracks use.
      Oh.Forgot to mention.On return home you have to bring them back with you as you ain't getting a second pair. Hope you have been minding them.
      "Let us be clear about three facts. First, all battles and all wars are won in the end by the infantryman. Secondly, the infantryman always bears the brunt. His casualties are heavier, he suffers greater extremes of discomfort and fatigue than the other arms. Thirdly, the art of the infantryman is less stereotyped and far harder to acquire in modern war than that of any other arm." ------- Field Marshall Wavell, April 1945.

Comment

Oh.Forgot to mention.On return home you have to bring them back with you as you ain't getting a second pair. Hope you have been minding them.
        As was pointed out on twitter by a clever person, do the mandarins in the DoD function on one pair of shoes for work every day, non stop through the year of their day to day? I doubt it!
        What are you cackling at, fatty? Too much pie, that's your problem.

Comment

• Originally posted by ODIN View Post
          As was pointed out on twitter by a clever person, do the mandarins in the DoD function on one pair of shoes for work every day, non stop through the year of their day to day? I doubt it!
          These are the same incompetent lot that can't even spend all the departments budget.

Comment

• Looks like the powers that be have decided to see sense. The Haix scout will replace the current Operational boots NOT the Bks boot.. With initial rollout happening already with select units. A "Lightweight boot" may be looked at as the current contract has room to adjust items ordered.

So it looking like a FWT rollout with a mix of brown and black OP boots on the ground for a while and black Bks boots staying until they are worn out and replaced.

Thank Heaven reason has broken out. One boot for all occasion would have been senseless.
            "Let us be clear about three facts. First, all battles and all wars are won in the end by the infantryman. Secondly, the infantryman always bears the brunt. His casualties are heavier, he suffers greater extremes of discomfort and fatigue than the other arms. Thirdly, the art of the infantryman is less stereotyped and far harder to acquire in modern war than that of any other arm." ------- Field Marshall Wavell, April 1945.

Comment

• The French army get issued these with their Haix Nepal/CdCCE boots for use in warm weather alongside a spare pair of the normal insoles,spare laces and a tube of 'Haix shoe cream.
              So that's a total of three pairs of insoles with each pair of boots.

We are getting a spare pair of laces.That's it.
              Suitable for the following shoes: Ranger GSG9-S (203101) Supplied in pairs.

Comment

• To be fair the french dont need to deploy to see warm weather.
                Last Haix I was issued in 2015 also came with extra insoles and Haix shoe cream.
                Great boots. Still like they were just out of the box in spite of normal use.
                For now, everything hangs on implementation of the CoDF report.

Comment

This is why we need a DF Sgt Major.To listen to the troops and get in the ear of the Chief and his Deputies.Too many good idea fairies knocking about these days.Look at the debacle over the upgraded DPM's. Tender out in February of last year.Still no sign of them,probably because someone realised they were a disaster, and the guy who came up with the idea is now a civvy and will never wear them!!
                  Just been rereading this thread (quiet day for a change), and seeing the bolded comment.... we now have one in place. How has this appointment being working out for enlisted PDF?
                  "Well, stone me! We've had cocaine, bribery and Arsenal scoring two goals at home. But just when you thought there were truly no surprises left in football, Vinnie Jones turns out to be an international player!" (Jimmy Greaves)!"

Comment

The French army get issued these with their Haix Nepal/CdCCE boots for use in warm weather alongside a spare pair of the normal insoles,spare laces and a tube of 'Haix shoe cream.
                    So that's a total of three pairs of insoles with each pair of boots.

We are getting a spare pair of laces.That's it.
                    Suitable for the following shoes: Ranger GSG9-S (203101) Supplied in pairs.

https://images.fr.shopping.rakuten.c...1190922971.jpg
                    The French in Lebanon are issued non-Gore-Tex desert Meindl's and some are also wearing desert Lowa's.

Comment

• Originally posted by Truck Driver View Post
                      Just been rereading this thread (quiet day for a change), and seeing the bolded comment.... we now have one in place. How has this appointment being working out for enlisted PDF?
                      We don't.It's Ad Hoc. No Appointment in CS4.Current holder of the "title" is the Cav School RSM in his full time appointment. Needs to be rectified.

Originally posted by Rhodes View Post
                      The French in Lebanon are issued non-Gore-Tex desert Meindl's and some are also wearing desert Lowa's.
                      Apples and oranges. I said warm weather not hot. Temp range for the Nepals is -5/+30 degrees. Any climate hotter than that gets issued the "Zone Chaud" boots.

I guess the hint is in the French army name for the Nepals "Chaussere de combat CENTRE EUROPE". Plenty of places in Europe that get very warm in summer.

The French still issue a Desert uniform also even after the redesign of their uniform last year. They are keeping seperate Temperate and Hot weather uniforms and have resisted going down the Multi-climate route(French SOF being the exception.)

Back to my original point.The warm weather insoles would have been a nice addition with our scouts when you consider that our people have decided in their infinite wisdom not to purchase a separate Hot weather boot anymore.The insoles might have help make the wearers of the scouts more comfortable in warmer climes.

Comment

• I came across this site that's selling Haix factory seconds, the grade II are just meant to be cosmetic defects and grade III are meant to have a defective goretex lining. The grade IIs could be worth a punt, they have scouts and the French army Nepal's amongst others. https://armyworld.pl/product-eng-123...I-Quality.html
                        Everyone who's ever loved you was wrong.

Comment

• These are the Scouts on issue.https://armyworld.pl/product-eng-884...I-Quality.html

Although I know they did trial the Desert version above also. IMHO they should have gone for the BW's version of the Scout which is a darker brown(Hides stains better).
                          Original Bundeswehr Haix Kampfstiefel Leicht Scout *gebraucht* online bestellen - versicherter Versand weltweit mit DHL✔ 30 Tage Rückgaberecht✔ Kundenservice unter 03877 561171
                          Last edited by apod; 16 April 2020, 19:10.

Comment

• So apparently roll out to begin this month to overseas and operational units with permission to wear at home from the start of next month.

Will believe it when I see it.

Comment

• play me back the greatest hits here - so we are keeping the magnums for barracks but brown scouts for operational at home and overseas ?
                              "Are they trying to shoot down the other drone? "

"No, they're trying to fly the tank"

Comment

• Originally posted by northie View Post
                                So apparently roll out to begin this month to overseas and operational units with permission to wear at home from the start of next month.

Will believe it when I see it.
                                It was due to happen last month so next month seems reasonable.Of course rolling them out could be problematic with deliveries and manufacturing delayed due to Covid. Same to be said for all the other new kit that was due out around now(OP Gloves and trousers and subdued unit flashes). A bit confused though.Overseas have been wearing them for the last two years have they not?

Originally posted by trellheim View Post
                                play me back the greatest hits here - so we are keeping the magnums for barracks but brown scouts for operational at home and overseas ?
                                Yeah. That's about right. The original plan has been f**ked out.Thank god.It was completely unworkable. My understanding is that Light OP boots were not tendered for originally in this contract but the tender has "wiggle room" to tweak it to include a Lightweight boot. So my money is on Black magnums around Bks(What about Bk Stand toos/MSGs?) and Brown haix for everything else with Brown Magnums or similar down the line when the Black ones run out.

Comment

Working...
                                X