Dislikes Dislikes:  1
Page 14 of 14 FirstFirst ... 4121314
    C/S
    Post Thanks / Like
    I would not like to wear them for the DFFTs. I am not a fan of them anyway

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Fantasia View Post
    I would not like to wear them for the DFFTs. I am not a fan of them anyway
    Why?? I wore them for the Part 3 recently. Way lighter and more comfortable than the Old Haix.Sole is thicker than the magnums so if you are walking on gravel etc you don't feel every single stone.

A positive move in one way.I still have doubts about Soldiers abilities to maintain them due to a lack of proper issued maintenance products and I reckon this could lead to a a lot of boots being ruined.

Now all we have to do is sort out the Barracks boots. Brown Magnums anyone???
    "105,000 dead. 40,000,000 unemployed. Police murdering African-Americans. You’ve completed you’re mission. You’ve made America great. Now get the f**k out."

- Rob Reiner.

"Yes he's an idiot with zero common sense,and no social skills,but he IS my son.I just hope he never goes into politics.He'd be a disaster.

- Mary Anne Trump

#unfollowtrump

3. Likes ODIN liked this post
    C/S
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by apod View Post
    Why?? I wore them for the Part 3 recently. Way lighter and more comfortable than the Old Haix.Sole is thicker than the magnums so if you are walking on gravel etc you don't feel every single stone.
    Sole is too inflexible for my liking. Others will like them. I do not

5. Thanks DeV, apod thanked for this post
    Likes holdfast liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    I concur with Fantasia. The sole of the boot is too inflexible. Where other countries, eg our BA neighbors are going down the road of hybrid boot/runners which in my opinion makes sense. We’re meant to be incredibly mobile on a hypothetical battle field.

BA are currently sporting AKU which is far easier and looking at both Solomon and cloudrock. Waterproof and support yet designed to be running or mobile
    Sir I cant find my peltors........Private they are on your face

Lord Chief Bottlewasher trellheim's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Had a look at the DCoS(SP) Letter of Instruction on the issue of the boots today. Sizing to kick off tomorrow with size rolls returned ASAP. Bulk issues to units commencing on a phased basis with priority being given to Operational units starting with the BDE's as outlined by Rhodes above. All issues to be completed by the week before Christmas with permission to wear coming into effect on 01 January 21.Only personnel who have not been previously issued them already(Overseas issue) since 2018 being issued a new pair although FWT issues can occur following a detailed inspection of the old pair.
    Does the LOI apply to all branches RDF and PDF ?
    "Are they trying to shoot down the other drone? "

"No, they're trying to fly the tank"

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by spider pig View Post
    I concur with Fantasia. The sole of the boot is too inflexible. Where other countries, eg our BA neighbors are going down the road of hybrid boot/runners which in my opinion makes sense. We’re meant to be incredibly mobile on a hypothetical battle field.

BA are currently sporting AKU which is far easier and looking at both Solomon and cloudrock. Waterproof and support yet designed to be running or mobile
    Buddy of mine bought the Black version of the British issue AKU's.(God knows why when he will have less than a years wear out of them when we go brown) Only yesterday he was complaining about how they were letting in water. No point in having a "Combat trainer" if your feet are soaking wet when you wear them.

The grass isn't always greener. OF course the rollout of the scouts won't stop people buying different boots.That will always continue.
    "105,000 dead. 40,000,000 unemployed. Police murdering African-Americans. You’ve completed you’re mission. You’ve made America great. Now get the f**k out."

- Rob Reiner.

"Yes he's an idiot with zero common sense,and no social skills,but he IS my son.I just hope he never goes into politics.He'd be a disaster.

- Mary Anne Trump

#unfollowtrump

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by trellheim View Post
    Does the LOI apply to all branches RDF and PDF ?
    PDF Operational units first IE Combat,Combat support. Then CSS. Then HQ,Training Units and Installations Eg 1+ 2 BTI. After that one would be fairly certain that should RDF meet the normal criteria for issue of Operational boots they would be issued them. My guess though is that RDF will be lumped in with Cadets and Recruits and continue to recieve Black Haix until stocks run out. Just a guess though. LOI doesn't mention RDF.

- Rob Reiner.

- Mary Anne Trump

#unfollowtrump

10. Thanks na grohmiti thanked for this post
    Lord Chief Bottlewasher trellheim's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Thats OK thanks the intakes are slow enough anyway. This is only for op boots correct barrack boot is still black right ?

As an aside after many years in the hills walking for leisure I'm gone from boots for a while now and swear by Lowa trail shoes like Sirkos.
    "Are they trying to shoot down the other drone? "

"No, they're trying to fly the tank"

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by apod View Post
    PDF Operational units first IE Combat,Combat support. Then CSS. Then HQ,Training Units and Installations Eg 1+ 2 BTI. After that one would be fairly certain that should RDF meet the normal criteria for issue of Operational boots they would be issued them. My guess though is that RDF will be lumped in with Cadets and Recruits and continue to recieve Black Haix until stocks run out. Just a guess though. LOI doesn't mention RDF.
    Single force concept

13. Likes ODIN liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Ok I’ll admit that I haven’t used the AKU but I do know plenty that swear by them. If they are letting in water maybe that’s why the BA went with two boots.... which again begs the question, is there a one boot solution?

Personally ic gone through an awful lot of boots and have gone firm on the Solomon forces. In my opinion it’s a great all round boot. Can wear it on a good battle PT and it’s like wearing runners or wear it in tactical environment and it holds up really well. Good under heavy weight and in the wet. Had zero issues with them and probably my top recommendation if people are willing to spend.

Obviously you have a lot of the LOWA family in the top spots as well.

The scouts on the other hand. I just can’t get by the sole. It’s so bleeding chunky and firm it drives me mad. Like constantly wearing a new pair of boots. They’re like a regimental boot without the shine

I’ll agree with you on the upkeep. It’s going to be a nightmare and I’m sure will cause many an aneurysm among the RSMs. I have already seen some whacky haix scouts about
    Sir I cant find my peltors........Private they are on your face

Thread Information