Single boot concept

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Now look what I have done.

Of course the DF had to find a way to Fcuk up the issuing process.

I heard today that sizing stencils were supposed to be purchased and issued to units to aid the sizing of individuals BEFORE a size roll was compiled and sent to BDE stores.

Needless to say,whether they were purchased or not,they haven't been issued to units and instead Logs are just going off our previous Haix boot size on the 245B. Smart when you consider they are two completely different boots,made on two different lasts, and the Scouts are a tighter fitting boot. Yup. Pure genius. Cue a sizing cluster f**K.

I reckon the same will happen when the Tac trousers go on issue. You need to get the length right (Three different lengths) and not just the waist in order for the kneepads to sit on your knee properly.Tenner in the bet nobody explains that until a year after the go on issue!!
    "Let us be clear about three facts. First, all battles and all wars are won in the end by the infantryman. Secondly, the infantryman always bears the brunt. His casualties are heavier, he suffers greater extremes of discomfort and fatigue than the other arms. Thirdly, the art of the infantryman is less stereotyped and far harder to acquire in modern war than that of any other arm." ------- Field Marshall Wavell, April 1945.

Comment

• KISS

Comment

• Nearly half way though January and still nobody issued. Boots sitting in stores while stores staff wait for a "Letter from J1" to start the process.

Funny that but didn't the DCoS(SP) already issue an LoI stating that issues were to start (and be finished by December 18th) way back in October???

AI A9 still not updated to allow for their wear on island.

WTF????

PS: Don't give me the whole "We're in Level 5,nothings moving". TRR's are ongoing aren't they. Plenty of movement there.

PPS: Some lads back from overseas are going around in destroyed Bk boots as they can't get an issue of them due to Bk boots being prioritised for new entrants.Then they are being told that they can't wear their Overseas issue Scouts in Bks while they wait. Madness.
        "Let us be clear about three facts. First, all battles and all wars are won in the end by the infantryman. Secondly, the infantryman always bears the brunt. His casualties are heavier, he suffers greater extremes of discomfort and fatigue than the other arms. Thirdly, the art of the infantryman is less stereotyped and far harder to acquire in modern war than that of any other arm." ------- Field Marshall Wavell, April 1945.

Comment

• while stores staff wait for a "Letter from J1" to start the process.
          whats j1 got to do with boot issue ?

I've often wondered why we bother with the rigmarole around issue when you could put a couple of JIT couriers direct from the manufacturer to home

1. 3* brings destroyed boots into orderly room "Jim set me up for FWT on boots will you, I'm just going in to see the boss"
          2. Ord Room Cpl brings up soldier record, clicks into FWT, on the picture of the soldier clicks the barrack boot, then FWT.
          3. 3* knocks on Pl/Comdrs door and salutes "Ma'am can you inspect these and authorize for FWT please", yes theyr'e destroyed no prob
          4. Pl/Comdr clicks YES on the email thats just dropped into her inbox with the big button (YES or REJECT) ( lets her know when last issue was and previous issues )
          5. FWT is authorized - automatic dispatch of boots from manufacturer's webshop direct to soldier's address via courier ( returns due sizing mismatch via parcel motel)
          6. Soldiers clothing record is updated , no fking around with q staff no hanging round stores, massive saving of time and energy

Is this possible now ? Yep
          Last edited by trellheim; 15 January 2021, 13:19.
          "Are they trying to shoot down the other drone? "

"No, they're trying to fly the tank"

Comment

• Originally posted by trellheim View Post

I've often wondered why we bother with the rigmarole around issue when you could put a couple of JIT couriers direct from the manufacturer to home

1. 3* brings destroyed boots into orderly room "Jim set me up for FWT on boots will you, I'm just going in to see the boss"
            2. Ord Room Cpl brings up soldier record, clicks into FWT, on the picture of the soldier clicks the barrack boot, then FWT.
            3. 3* knocks on Pl/Comdrs door and salutes "Ma'am can you inspect these and authorize for FWT please", yes theyr'e destroyed no prob
            4. Pl/Comdr clicks YES on the email thats just dropped into her inbox with the big button (YES or REJECT) ( lets her know when last issue was and previous issues )
            5. FWT is authorized - automatic dispatch of boots from manufacturer's webshop direct to soldier's address via courier ( returns due sizing mismatch via parcel motel)
            6. Soldiers clothing record is updated , no fking around with q staff no hanging round stores, massive saving of time and energy

A9 is J1
            L3 is J4

Comment

... and has been possible for years
              In work, all the door swipe accesses are managed by online tech

Employee goes onto the online portal and selects item he/she wants access for
              Fills in details - justification, etc.
              Clicks Submit
              Someone a couple of rungs higher reviews request and clicks approve/reject as appropriate

Feels like the DF is reinventing the wheel with this stuff, TBH

Now that I think of it, haven't the US military gotten Amazon involved in their logs chain somehow?
              In place about 2 - 3 years now I think
              "Well, stone me! We've had cocaine, bribery and Arsenal scoring two goals at home. But just when you thought there were truly no surprises left in football, Vinnie Jones turns out to be an international player!" (Jimmy Greaves)!"

Comment

• Originally posted by Truck Driver View Post
                ... and has been possible for years
                In work, all the door swipe accesses are managed by online tech

Employee goes onto the online portal and selects item he/she wants access for
                Fills in details - justification, etc.
                Clicks Submit
                Someone a couple of rungs higher reviews request and clicks approve/reject as appropriate

Feels like the DF is reinventing the wheel with this stuff, TBH

Now that I think of it, haven't the US military gotten Amazon involved in their logs chain somehow?
                In place about 2 - 3 years now I think
                Imagine a system with the functional to fill in forms online, electronic signature, and submit for approval, 1 up receives email that they have a task (approve/reject) and then on to next in the chain for approval etc, some then gets a task in their email box saying PMS Pte Bloggs for EOS

The functionality is there already within IKON.

Comment

• If the rest of the public sector can manage it, why not the DF?
                  For now, everything hangs on implementation of the CoDF report.

Comment

• Without going off too much on a tangent. DF is moving to an Electronic 245B(e245B) Held up by Issues with delays to the setup across the public sector with the Financial Management shared soloution(FMSS). Whatever the hell that is. E-size roll already required to be maintained by all DF Units.(In practice once a year your CQ should update the Sub units roll with any changes: IE Personnel in/out or size changes etc). Supposed to help with stock management.

Of course Electronic bar code readers help for that too.Used one of those over thirty years back for stocktakes. DF still not using them.

Comment

• A9 and L3 are the department's responsibility. Regulations are not written by the military. Hence APOD's comments re DCOS LOI

Comment

A9 and L3 are the department's responsibility. Regulations are not written by the military. Hence APOD's comments re DCOS LOI
                        Correct. The DFRs are yes but the Admin Instructions which contain the orders of dress and scale of issue are signed by DCOS
                        Last edited by DeV; 15 January 2021, 20:52.

Comment

• Financial Management shared soloution(FMSS)
                          That project is unlikely to move for some time lol

Comment

That project is unlikely to move for some time lol
                            In laymans terms.

1/ What is it?

2/ How does it work?

3/ What's the delay?

Comment

• Originally posted by apod View Post
                              In laymans terms.

1/ What is it?

2/ How does it work?

3/ What's the delay?
                              Same as MIF but standardised across the public sector.

The complexities of integrating the huge diversity of systems into one system are causing a lot of delays. The computer part is the easy part, it is the regulatory and process redesign that is the hardest part.

I am kind of surprised that everyone does not know about FMSS

Comment

• Originally posted by Fantasia View Post
                                Same as MIF but standardised across the public sector.

The complexities of integrating the huge diversity of systems into one system are causing a lot of delays. The computer part is the easy part, it is the regulatory and process redesign that is the hardest part.

I am kind of surprised that everyone does not know about FMSS
                                We probably will when it gets to PPARS level

Comment

Working...
                                X