Thanks Thanks:  31
Likes Likes:  46
Dislikes Dislikes:  5
Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: RDF pay

Post Thanks / Like

RDF pay

Just a question regarding RDF pay. After 14 days FTT, I was assuming that my pay would be two weeks of PDF pay at my rank multiplied by 90%? I'm looking at the post 2013 pay scales with effect from 01.01.18. I'm also aware that reservists are only ever paid on point one of the scale.

My actual final gross pay seems closer to 87% of the PDF pay rate. Not sure what the extra 3% deducted is for. Problem is that the payslip just gives the gross amount and not the number if days it is for.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Auldsod View Post
    Just a question regarding RDF pay. After 14 days FTT, I was assuming that my pay would be two weeks of PDF pay at my rank multiplied by 90%? I'm looking at the post 2013 pay scales with effect from 01.01.18. I'm also aware that reservists are only ever paid on point one of the scale.

My actual final gross pay seems closer to 87% of the PDF pay rate. Not sure what the extra 3% deducted is for. Problem is that the payslip just gives the gross amount and not the number if days it is for.

RDF pay is the first point of the scale for that rank (I think there's seven pay points on the rank scale?) less 10% (as you say). Membership of RDFRA results in a 4.5% deduction from weekly pay. Are you an RDFRA member, by any chance? Although this deduction SHOULD show up on your payslip
    "Well, stone me! We've had cocaine, bribery and Arsenal scoring two goals at home. But just when you thought there were truly no surprises left in football, Vinnie Jones turns out to be an international player!" (Jimmy Greaves)!"

Post Thanks / Like
    Less PAYE, less USC, less welfare (€0.30 per week)

4. Thanks Truck Driver thanked for this post
    Lord Chief Bottlewasher trellheim's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Deductions must be shown on the pay slip by law
    "Are they trying to shoot down the other drone? "

"No, they're trying to fly the tank"

6. Likes na grohmiti liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Did you get access to your payslip?

PM inbound

Post Thanks / Like
    Hi All, thanks for the replies. I received access to my payslip and it does give my gross pay with no RDFRA deduction (even though I've requested to join).

No sign of the welfare amount but I've been charged USC and PAYE. No PRSI as I'm class M. I guess I'll just have to give them a ring in Galway on Saturday. I'd be interested to see what the breakdown is. Same amount has been applied to a number of other DF members so want to make sure it's correct.

Post Thanks / Like
    As far as I can figure
    https://www.defence.ie/en/strategy-p...tion/rates-pay

A PDF recruit (enlisted today) gets € 390.31 there RDF gets € 351.27 a week as their basic line pay

Post Thanks / Like
    They are actually on the LRA 2 set of scales as of 2018. i have a copy but no link unfortunately. A few euro more but calculation remains the same.

11. Thanks DeV thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Truck Driver View Post
    RDF pay is the first point of the scale for that rank (I think there's seven pay points on the rank scale?) less 10% (as you say). Membership of RDFRA results in a 4.5% deduction from weekly pay. Are you an RDFRA member, by any chance? Although this deduction SHOULD show up on your payslip
    I joined the RDFRA but my understanding is that membership dues were 4.5% of one weeks pay for the year and not every week's pay. 4.5% would be a massive chunk otherwise....

Post Thanks / Like
    I joined the RDFRA but my understanding is that membership dues were 4.5% of one weeks pay for the year and not every week's pay. 4.5% would be a massive chunk otherwise....
    Correct

Post Thanks / Like
    Looking into it a bit further now. I see I have received an allowance at a pre 2013 joining rate whilst it should be higher on the 2018 rate after the second increase from the Lansdowne road agreement. I'll assuming the RDF get all those in line with the PDF before the usual 10% reduction?

Post Thanks / Like
    Looking into it a bit further now. I see I have received an allowance at a pre 2013 joining rate whilst it should be higher on the 2018 rate after the second increase from the Lansdowne road agreement. I'll assuming the RDF get all those in line with the PDF before the usual 10% reduction?
    What Allowance?

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by DeV View Post
    What Allowance?
    Naval pay is technically an allowance paid daily.

17. Thanks DeV, Truck Driver thanked for this post
    Likes DeV liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Actually, can anyone with an RDFRA connection or otherwise confirm if the RDF pay is based off the below pay scales less 10%?

Or has RDFRA dropped the ball here and the RDF aren't getting the increases (after already taking the 10%)?

http://www.military.ie/fileadmin/use...cales_LRA2.pdf

UPDATE

Just looked at the military.ie site and it seems the RDF is getting paid on an older scale which is possibly 90% of whatever pay was back in 2013 before any increases were given.

Not sure if RDF members were calculating out there payslips but either we are getting paid incorrectly or the RDF hasn't got the same increases PDFORRA got for the PDF further increasing the pay gap.
    Last edited by Auldsod; 5th November 2018 at 16:06.

Post Thanks / Like

Post Thanks / Like
    Tried to contact and will try to contact again.

Were you aware of this pay discrepancy DeV? I find it strange that members weren't questioning what they were getting paid against the actual scales and just accepting the amounts received were accurate.

Post Thanks / Like
    Actually, can anyone with an RDFRA connection or otherwise confirm if the RDF pay is based off the below pay scales less 10%?

Or has RDFRA dropped the ball here and the RDF aren't getting the increases (after already taking the 10%)?

http://www.military.ie/fileadmin/use...cales_LRA2.pdf

UPDATE

Just looked at the military.ie site and it seems the RDF is getting paid on an older scale which is possibly 90% of whatever pay was back in 2013 before any increases were given.

Not sure if RDF members were calculating out there payslips but either we are getting paid incorrectly or the RDF hasn't got the same increases PDFORRA got for the PDF further increasing the pay gap.
    Bagger Dividend
    Fail to prepare, prepare to fail

Post Thanks / Like
    I'm genuinely shocked that this wasn't noticed before. In my civilian employment, there would be staff up in arms if they were paid a cent less than entitled. Perhaps there has been more concern with RDF pay coming in at all rather than if it was correct.

Can't find anything else on here so I'm going to keep chasing the official sources.

Post Thanks / Like
    It is RDFRA...what do you expect? They haven't updated their website since 2015.

And you want to give them money?

I put another one to you - everyone is entitled to Holiday Pay!

Under the "Organisation of Working Time Act 1997", every employee of every type (part-time, Full Time or occasional) is entitled to at least 8% of their time spent in employment as annual leave. So, roughly, over a 2 week period of training, you are entitled to 0.8 days annual paid leave. Have you ever seen any of that money? Have you ever gotten paid leave in the RDF? That is another 8% that should be added to everyone's pay. There are many who have done far more than 2 weeks training and never received any annual leave or paid holidays.

RDFRA were told about this at least 10 years ago. RDFRA have been continually told about this.

Save your money, young man, and stay away from RDFRA.
    Last edited by Poiuyt; 5th November 2018 at 17:38.

24. Thanks na grohmiti thanked for this post
    Dislikes DeV disliked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Poiuyt View Post

Under the "Organisation of Working Time Act 1997", every employee of every type (part-time, Full Time or occasional) is entitled to at least 8% of their time spent in employment as annual leave. So, roughly, over a 2 week period of training, you are entitled to 0.8 days annual paid leave. Have you ever seen any of that money? Have you ever gotten paid leave in the RDF? That is another 8% that should be added to everyone's pay. There are many who have done far more than 2 weeks training and never received any annual leave or paid holidays.

RDFRA were told about this at least 10 years ago. RDFRA have been continually told about this.

I actually know for a fact that British reservists get this but anyway.

Post Thanks / Like
    Tried to contact and will try to contact again.

Were you aware of this pay discrepancy DeV? I find it strange that members weren't questioning what they were getting paid against the actual scales and just accepting the amounts received were accurate.

I'm genuinely shocked that this wasn't noticed before. In my civilian employment, there would be staff up in arms if they were paid a cent less than entitled. Perhaps there has been more concern with RDF pay coming in at all rather than if it was correct.

Can't find anything else on here so I'm going to keep chasing the official sources.
    I wasn’t aware

It would help if:
    (a) the pay scales weren’t so complicated
    (b) they were kept up to date on the DoD & DF websites
    (c) if they took down old ones
    (d) your payslip actually said the dates and/or Mandays your being paid for
    (e) you were actually paid the day your supposed to be paid

It is RDFRA...what do you expect? They haven't updated their website since 2015.

And you want to give them money?

Members of the DF are exempt from the Organisation of Working Time Act

I actually know for a fact that British reservists get this but anyway.
    only in the last few years

Post Thanks / Like
    Members of the DF are exempt from the Organisation of Working Time Act
    No, they are not exempt.

28. Thanks apod thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    No, they are not exempt.
    https://www.workplacerelations.ie/en...-Act-Guide.pdf

I think the DF may be but that may change from what I've heard in the media.

Post Thanks / Like
    https://www.workplacerelations.ie/en...-Act-Guide.pdf

I think the DF may be but that may change from what I've heard in the media.
    The DF are down as being exempt, but this was found to be unconstitutional and therefore incorrect. PDFORRA did their homework on this - RDFRA ignored it.

31. Likes na grohmiti liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    No, they are not exempt.
    100% correct.PDFORRA have taken cases to the High court recently,and won, based on the working time directive. DF Management is still trying to work out how to implement it,but they have no choice.They must.
    Infantry Corps - An Lámh Comhrac

"Let us be clear about three facts:First of all.All battles and all wars are won in the end by the Infantryman.Secondly the Infantryman bears the brunt of the fighting,his casualties are heavier and he suffers greater extremes of fatigue and discomfort than the other arms.Thirdly,the art of the Infantryman is less stereotyped and harder to acquire than that of any other arm".
    -- Field Marshall Earl Wavell.1948

33. Thanks na grohmiti thanked for this post

Thread Information