Clear All

An American early attempt:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aEQ3uAR0bto

Comment

Originally posted by Fantasia View Post
      Awaiting HLPPG last I heard
      Any headway made on this? Seems to be taking an absurdly long time

Comment

I heard recently that it had gone out to tender with a contract due to be in place by years end. How true that is though is anybodies guess.

I don't believe items such as this go up on etender. Having said that the Guards published their Stab vest tender on that site recently.
        "Let us be clear about three facts. First, all battles and all wars are won in the end by the infantryman. Secondly, the infantryman always bears the brunt. His casualties are heavier, he suffers greater extremes of discomfort and fatigue than the other arms. Thirdly, the art of the infantryman is less stereotyped and far harder to acquire in modern war than that of any other arm." ------- Field Marshall Wavell, April 1945.

Comment

I thought the tests are done?
          Sir I cant find my peltors........Private they are on your face

Comment

Was that just the board report into what to look for?

Comment

The Board report into what to look for is well done.And so are the tests. I have it on good authority that the decision was made on what to buy and that it has gone to tender. No word yet on what we are getting.

And going by the shite state of DF internal Comms we won't know until someone is seen wearing it.
              "Let us be clear about three facts. First, all battles and all wars are won in the end by the infantryman. Secondly, the infantryman always bears the brunt. His casualties are heavier, he suffers greater extremes of discomfort and fatigue than the other arms. Thirdly, the art of the infantryman is less stereotyped and far harder to acquire in modern war than that of any other arm." ------- Field Marshall Wavell, April 1945.

Comment

Check out recent DF Flickr pages then Apod.

Lots of interesting pieces of kit on the YO course photos (admittedly probably not all issued) including at least two types of plate carrier.
                An army is power. Its entire purpose is to coerce others. This power can not be used carelessly or recklessly. This power can do great harm. We have seen more suffering than any man should ever see, and if there is going to be an end to it, it must be an end that justifies the cost. Joshua Lawrence Chamberlain

Comment

The new issued item pictured was the Sniper backpack. Eberlestock Gunslinger 2.

The plate carriers were IWW purchased for the Sniper teams that represent Ireland at International competitions. Not the GSBA replacement.

Comment

A tan coloured carrier worn by some of the troops present also!

Nice soft shell looking jacket worn by one of the snipers. At the risk of getting into "blood diamond pants" territory private purchase or issue?
                    An army is power. Its entire purpose is to coerce others. This power can not be used carelessly or recklessly. This power can do great harm. We have seen more suffering than any man should ever see, and if there is going to be an end to it, it must be an end that justifies the cost. Joshua Lawrence Chamberlain

Comment

Private Purchase UF Pro Cold weather combat shirt.

As for the tan coloured carrier. You can barely make out the top of it in the pictures. Probably private purchase. I know a few lads on the course so can find out though.

Comment

Sniper teams were private purchase 511
                        Sir I cant find my peltors........Private they are on your face

Comment

Logs staff told to start getting size rolls together for the new kit.Looks like it's moving ahead.

Comment

Originally posted by apod View Post
                            Logs staff told to start getting size rolls together for the new kit.Looks like it's moving ahead.
                            Have they announced a preferred vendor?
                            What are you cackling at, fatty? Too much pie, that's your problem.

Comment

No more info at the moment. Still digging.

Comment

Originally posted by apod View Post
                                Can't really do much without samples to fit on and try.

Comment

Working...
                                X