Thanks Thanks:  31
Likes Likes:  40
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Commander in Chief
    Post Thanks / Like
    Organised militia.... with gopros mounted on our helmets where nvg should be....
    German 1: Private Schnutz, I have bad news for you.
    German 2: Private? I am a general!
    German 1: That is the bad news.

2. Likes spider pig liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by spider pig View Post
    Hearing rumors they opted for a dark grey??? Please tell me there is no truth to this?
    Not necessarily a bad thing. The Swedes use a grey colour on their kit. I think the yanks refer to it as "Ranger Green".

Quote Originally Posted by spider pig View Post
    Yes I know that. But dark grey? Well look like a militia. Why not green?
    Easier to keep clean.Hides stains better.

Swedish soldier.jpgKRSK12.jpg
    "Let us be clear about three facts. First, all battles and all wars are won in the end by the infantryman. Secondly, the infantryman always bears the brunt. His casualties are heavier, he suffers greater extremes of discomfort and fatigue than the other arms. Thirdly, the art of the infantryman is less stereotyped and far harder to acquire in modern war than that of any other arm." ------- Field Marshall Wavell, April 1945.

Post Thanks / Like
    USMC Rolling out their new Armour.
    https://www.military.com/daily-news/...ody-armor.html
    "Let us be clear about three facts. First, all battles and all wars are won in the end by the infantryman. Secondly, the infantryman always bears the brunt. His casualties are heavier, he suffers greater extremes of discomfort and fatigue than the other arms. Thirdly, the art of the infantryman is less stereotyped and far harder to acquire in modern war than that of any other arm." ------- Field Marshall Wavell, April 1945.

Recruit
    Post Thanks / Like
    "The material of the PC Gen. III reduces water absorption, and designers shaved bulk from the vest by cutting out excess fabric from around the shoulders" = "25% weight savings".

"Military.com reached out to Systems Command for the average weight of the PC Gen. III compared to the current plate carrier but did not receive an immediate response."

Something tells me that they didn't reduce too much weight.

Post Thanks / Like

7. Thanks na grohmiti, DeV thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Where's our selection process at??
    Fate whispers to the warrior, "There is a storm coming"

And the warrior whispers back "I am the storm".

Commander in Chief
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by apod View Post
    It's almost easier to assemble and disassemble an M4 than the plate carrier. A very involved process. Clearly Pool issue will not be a cause for concern in USMC. Impossible to see how this could be anything other than personal issue.
    German 1: Private Schnutz, I have bad news for you.
    German 2: Private? I am a general!
    German 1: That is the bad news.

C/S
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by X-RayOne View Post
    Where's our selection process at??
    Awaiting HLPPG last I heard

11. Thanks DeV thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Fantasia View Post
    I wonder how soon it will be before DoD decides to "pause" all the equipment upgrades promised under WP15 once the Covid outbreak is over in order to "Rationalise spending". I would say this project,the MRV and everything inbetween will be axed IOT foot the bill for the lockdown. Thank god we got Mowag DRWS through the gate before this happened.

Post Thanks / Like
    I wonder how soon it will be before DoD decides to "pause" all the equipment upgrades promised under WP15 once the Covid outbreak is over in order to "Rationalise spending". I would say this project,the MRV and everything inbetween will be axed IOT foot the bill for the lockdown. Thank god we got Mowag DRWS through the gate before this happened.
    In fairness, all Government Departments could be the same (Global recession) but the other side of the coin is that there will be a willingness to invest our way out of this recession.

14. Likes Truck Driver, EUFighter, sofa liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    An American early attempt:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aEQ3uAR0bto

16. Thanks Shaqra, DeV thanked for this post
    Likes UniSol, DeV liked this post
    Private 2*
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Fantasia View Post
    Any headway made on this? Seems to be taking an absurdly long time

Post Thanks / Like
    I heard recently that it had gone out to tender with a contract due to be in place by years end. How true that is though is anybodies guess.

I don't believe items such as this go up on etender. Having said that the Guards published their Stab vest tender on that site recently.

Post Thanks / Like
    I thought the tests are done?
    Sir I cant find my peltors........Private they are on your face

Post Thanks / Like
    Was that just the board report into what to look for?

Post Thanks / Like
    The Board report into what to look for is well done.And so are the tests. I have it on good authority that the decision was made on what to buy and that it has gone to tender. No word yet on what we are getting.

And going by the shite state of DF internal Comms we won't know until someone is seen wearing it.

22. Likes DeV, na grohmiti liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Check out recent DF Flickr pages then Apod.

Lots of interesting pieces of kit on the YO course photos (admittedly probably not all issued) including at least two types of plate carrier.

Post Thanks / Like
    The new issued item pictured was the Sniper backpack. Eberlestock Gunslinger 2.

The plate carriers were IWW purchased for the Sniper teams that represent Ireland at International competitions. Not the GSBA replacement.

25. Thanks DeV thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    A tan coloured carrier worn by some of the troops present also!

Nice soft shell looking jacket worn by one of the snipers. At the risk of getting into "blood diamond pants" territory private purchase or issue?

Post Thanks / Like
    Private Purchase UF Pro Cold weather combat shirt.

As for the tan coloured carrier. You can barely make out the top of it in the pictures. Probably private purchase. I know a few lads on the course so can find out though.

Post Thanks / Like
    Sniper teams were private purchase 511
    Sir I cant find my peltors........Private they are on your face

Post Thanks / Like
    Logs staff told to start getting size rolls together for the new kit.Looks like it's moving ahead.

30. Thanks Truck Driver thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Logs staff told to start getting size rolls together for the new kit.Looks like it's moving ahead.
    Have they announced a preferred vendor?
    What are you cackling at, fatty? Too much pie, that's your problem.

Post Thanks / Like
    No more info at the moment. Still digging.

33. Likes ODIN liked this post
    Brigadier General
    Post Thanks / Like
    Can't really do much without samples to fit on and try.

35. Likes Truck Driver, apod liked this post

Thread Information