Cadet Commissioning

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by X-RayOne View Post
    In fairness, the cadets, families or training cadre probably wouldn't be bothered if there was no Gov Rep at it.
    One less bit of faffing needed to please a Minister who wouldn't know what extra was done for them or the amount of effort that it involved, on top of the important stuff, that must be done.
    The presence or absence of a politician never improved the sense of pride or achievement of personnel at any pass out. That comes from their own efforts and dedication.
    Fair play to them all regardless!!
    Couldn't agree more. I can accept the arguments as to whether or not the government should have should sent a representative, elected or not.

However, I for one would much rather have my parents, wife, girlfriend able to attend such an important occasion rather than Minister Kehoe. I would have been quite annoyed as a Cadet if even one member of my family couldn't attend so as to facilitate a Minister's calendar.

Furthermore, the political situation is fluid. Who's to say there would have been availability on a rearranged date. The DF isn't to blame here and put on a fantastic ceremony despite the Minister's non attendence.

Comment

Working...
    X