Proposed New GDR/DPM

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Sparky42 View Post
    Even if the Commission had managed to report out by then I presume as standard the Government is likely to sit on it for some time afterwards anyway.
    The Commission is not expected to report until 12 months after their initiation. Their mandate says they must report to government by 15th December 2021.
    For now, everything hangs on implementation of the CoDF report.

Comment

• Originally posted by na grohmiti View Post
      The Commission is not expected to report until 12 months after their initiation. Their mandate says they must report to government by 15th December 2021.
      Sure but as I said, I wouldn't be hugely surprised if someones desk is already being made ready to drop it in if it suggests anything like increasing spending.

Comment

• Originally posted by Sparky42 View Post
        Sure but as I said, I wouldn't be hugely surprised if someones desk is already being made ready to drop it in if it suggests anything like increasing spending.
        Hopefully the unconnected review into the DoD will have them otherwise occupied. Whatever about increasing spending, it should at least be maintained and indexed.

Comment

• Fixed that for ya......
          Why? Is that not the same thing?

Originally posted by batterysgt View Post
          Has A9 been changed to allow them to wear it?
          Nope. Expecting A9 to change fairly soon though with all the other changes to the uniform coming on stream soon.
          Hopefully the unconnected review into the DoD will have them otherwise occupied.
          Did I miss some huge announcement or something or are you being sarcastic? Review of DoD??? Is there a blue moon with a pig flying over it or something?
          "Let us be clear about three facts. First, all battles and all wars are won in the end by the infantryman. Secondly, the infantryman always bears the brunt. His casualties are heavier, he suffers greater extremes of discomfort and fatigue than the other arms. Thirdly, the art of the infantryman is less stereotyped and far harder to acquire in modern war than that of any other arm." ------- Field Marshall Wavell, April 1945.

Comment

• Originally posted by apod View Post

Did I miss some huge announcement or something or are you being sarcastic? Review of DoD??? Is there a blue moon with a pig flying over it or something?
            WP15 project

Comment

• Apparently the introduction of the new uniform is delayed until sometime in March due to all the new Grey rank markings being sent back to the manufacturer as they were delivered substandard.
              "Let us be clear about three facts. First, all battles and all wars are won in the end by the infantryman. Secondly, the infantryman always bears the brunt. His casualties are heavier, he suffers greater extremes of discomfort and fatigue than the other arms. Thirdly, the art of the infantryman is less stereotyped and far harder to acquire in modern war than that of any other arm." ------- Field Marshall Wavell, April 1945.

Comment

• At least they are not accepting sub standard products.

Comment

• Will be interesting to see what happens with the boot situation once the brown boot comes on issue for the Army. The spec of boot required for sea is totally different to our colleagues in the Army.

Recently spoke with an Air Corps NC,O who showed me a different brown boot purchased by the Air Corps for flight ops.

Currently there are two types of black boot on issue in the NS. A specific Haix (not the Army issue) for seagoing ops, and the DF issue black Magnum barrack boot for ashore.

An under layer will eventually replace the blue jumper down the road. Im hoping for a fleece type garment (which will have to be fireproof).

Comment

• New Haix boot tendered for the NS to replace the current model.Black. NS not following the land component IRT boot colour.

AC Flight OPS boot is the Haix "Black eagle" model in Sage Green.Not Brown.

Talk of a new Barrack/Shore boot for both Army and NS. Brown for us.Black for you.

Comment

New Haix boot tendered for the NS to replace the current model.Black. NS not following the land component IRT boot colour.

AC Flight OPS boot is the Haix "Black eagle" model in Sage Green.Not Brown.

Talk of a new Barrack/Shore boot for both Army and NS. Brown for us.Black for you.

Thanks for the info Apod.

Hopefully a good quality sea boot.

The current one is terrible.

Comment

• Good write up from page 18
                        An Cosantóir the official magazine of the Irish Defence Forces and Reserve Defence Forces.

Comment

• Good article.Well researched and informative(Then again look at the author.Only to be expected)

I still think the pattern is a vanity project but serious BZ with regards to the thought that went into the uniform. Lots of work that the Army can now steal for our new uniforms in a few years time

Comment

• My question though, I didn't see it answered in the article.
                            If NS deploy overseas, will they wear this uniform or army DPM?
                            It is unfortunate that while the article is excellent, the reading software makes the photos very poor resolution.

Comment

Good article.Well researched and informative(Then again look at the author.Only to be expected)

I still think the pattern is a vanity project but serious BZ with regards to the thought that went into the uniform. Lots of work that the Army can now steal for our new uniforms in a few years time
                              You often seem to have the inside track on kit issue there. Any idea what their plans are for issue to NSR?

Rolling it out in line with the PDF (with a delay) or will the be having us run down the old GDR stocks?

I'm not coming at this from a Walter Mitty "I want to wear the same kit as the PDF" point of few. It's just that going on a patrol as the only one wearing GDR isn't really single force concept...
                              Last edited by Auldsod; 10 March 2021, 15:50.

Comment

• Originally posted by na grohmiti View Post
                                My question though, I didn't see it answered in the article.
                                If NS deploy overseas, will they wear this uniform or army DPM?
                                It is unfortunate that while the article is excellent, the reading software makes the photos very poor resolution.
                                If deploying on a land based mission whilst embedded with Army then IP-DPM. If on a Navy led sea based mission then NSV DPM. Oh and dowload the magazine as a PDF. Much clearer pics.

Originally posted by Auldsod View Post
                                You often seem to have the inside track on kit issue there. Any idea what their plans are for issue to NSR?

Rolling it out in line with the PDF (with a delay) or will the be having us run down the old GDR stocks?

I'm not coming at this from a Walter Mitty "I want to wear the same kit as the PDF" point of few. It's just that going on a patrol as the only one wearing GDR isn't really single force concept...
                                Nope. But I bet I can find out for you.Gimme time.Unless someone in the know now beats me to it.

Comment

Working...
                                X