Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by A/TEL View Post
    Yes.

Black barrack jacket being withdrawn along with black and yellow rank sliders.

Grey nametags and rank sliders.

Jumper is remaining unfortunately....

Modern uniform with a 1980s navy jumper

Navy foul weather jacket also remaining.
    What colour rank markings and name tags will be worn on the jumper?

What colour staple belt?

Will the white summer shirt be retained?

What waterproofs will be used for range practices?

Will recruits and PNCOs still get an issue of green DPM for tactical training?

Thanks in advance.

Comment

• Do NSR get issued kit (today) from their nearest clothing stores or the base?

Comment

• What colour rank markings and name tags will be worn on the jumper?
        Grey/Black

What colour staple belt?
        Navy

Will the white summer shirt be retained?
        Only with SD's for those ranks who wear same.

What waterproofs will be used for range practices?
        Normal foul weather suit.
        Will recruits and PNCOs still get an issue of green DPM for tactical training?
        "Green" DPM only issued for overseas land based apointments where required.

Going from the documents that were on IKON(since removed)
        Last edited by apod; 6 December 2020, 11:18.
        "Let us be clear about three facts. First, all battles and all wars are won in the end by the infantryman. Secondly, the infantryman always bears the brunt. His casualties are heavier, he suffers greater extremes of discomfort and fatigue than the other arms. Thirdly, the art of the infantryman is less stereotyped and far harder to acquire in modern war than that of any other arm." ------- Field Marshall Wavell, April 1945.

Comment

• Originally posted by DeV View Post
          Do NSR get issued kit (today) from their nearest clothing stores or the base?
          From the base.

Comment

• For now, everything hangs on implementation of the CoDF report.

Comment

• The new uniforms, which have a camouflage print, represent the biggest change to the naval uniform since the 1960s

Interesting article in the Examiner today with some new pieces of information not in the public domain up to now.

One thing I've noticed is that I've only spotted the wooly pooly in the profile photos of the new uniform released. I've yet to see it being worn in testing on any of the publicity photos circulated.

Comment

• Originally posted by Auldsod View Post
                https://www.irishexaminer.com/news/arid-40189083.html

Interesting article in the Examiner today with some new pieces of information not in the public domain up to now.

One thing I've noticed is that I've only spotted the wooly pully in the profile photos of the new uniform released. I've yet to see it being worn in testing on any of the publicity photos circulated.
                Trust me. It is staying. All got to do with the fact that wool which is inherently Flame resistant.
                Last edited by apod; 12 December 2020, 13:59.
                "Let us be clear about three facts. First, all battles and all wars are won in the end by the infantryman. Secondly, the infantryman always bears the brunt. His casualties are heavier, he suffers greater extremes of discomfort and fatigue than the other arms. Thirdly, the art of the infantryman is less stereotyped and far harder to acquire in modern war than that of any other arm." ------- Field Marshall Wavell, April 1945.

Comment

• Looks well in the pics.

Comment

• Just out of curiosity.When is the 75th Anniversary of the NS?? Can't find the answer online. Isn't that when the NS headshed want's to officially launch this new uniform.

Comment

• Originally posted by apod View Post
                      Just out of curiosity.When is the 75th Anniversary of the NS?? Can't find the answer online. Isn't that when the FOCNS want's to officially launch this new uniform.

Fixed that for ya......

1st Sept 1946.

The uniform is due to be rolled out well in advance of that date.

The celebrations/ceremonies etc are subject to COVID19 restrictions, but hopefully it will be marked in some form like a Naval Review like 1996.

Hopefully the Commission for Defence will have reported by then and it will be a positive future for the service and the DF as a whole.

Comment

• The 50th anniversary was celebrated on the glorious 12th in 1996.

The first naval review in the history of the state took place in Cork Harbour to honour the 50th anniversary of the Irish Naval Service.

I think the actual anniversary might be in September but that mightn't stop them having it in the summer like they did 25 years ago.

Comment

• We had a nice fleet review for the 60th (I think) also a few years back. Plenty of visits from our nearest grey funnel line neighbours.
                          Hopefully something similar will be seen this time round. We could damn well do with an excuse to go outdoors for something other than a socially distanced exercise.
                          For now, everything hangs on implementation of the CoDF report.

Comment

• Has A9 been changed to allow them to wear it?

Comment

• Hopefully the Commission for Defence will have reported by then and it will be a positive future for the service and the DF as a whole.
                              I doubt it tbh
                              "Are they trying to shoot down the other drone? "

"No, they're trying to fly the tank"

Comment

• Originally posted by trellheim View Post
                                I doubt it tbh
                                Even if the Commission had managed to report out by then I presume as standard the Government is likely to sit on it for some time afterwards anyway.

Comment

Working...
                                X