No announcement yet.

Proposed New GDR/DPM

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Boonie Hat,Elmer Fudd and the waterproof gloves were all supposed to be produced in NSV-DPM.
    What happened? The bean counters get in the way?
    "Let us be clear about three facts. First, all battles and all wars are won in the end by the infantryman. Secondly, the infantryman always bears the brunt. His casualties are heavier, he suffers greater extremes of discomfort and fatigue than the other arms. Thirdly, the art of the infantryman is less stereotyped and far harder to acquire in modern war than that of any other arm." ------- Field Marshall Wavell, April 1945.

Comment

• Originally posted by apod View Post
      Boonie Hat,Elmer Fudd and the waterproof gloves were all supposed to be produced in NSV-DPM.
      What happened? The bean counters get in the way?
      Only on grounds of taste!
      'He died who loved to live,' they'll say,
      'Unselfishly so we might have today!'
      Like hell! He fought because he had to fight;
      He died that's all. It was his unlucky night.
      http://www.salamanderoasis.org/poems...nnis/luck.html

Comment

• Any new info coming out of the Brief/roadshow yesterday?
        "Let us be clear about three facts. First, all battles and all wars are won in the end by the infantryman. Secondly, the infantryman always bears the brunt. His casualties are heavier, he suffers greater extremes of discomfort and fatigue than the other arms. Thirdly, the art of the infantryman is less stereotyped and far harder to acquire in modern war than that of any other arm." ------- Field Marshall Wavell, April 1945.

Comment

• Log into Facebook to start sharing and connecting with your friends, family, and people you know.

It doesn't look that bad. But when do they wear it, just on ships or all the time?
          Last edited by batterysgt; 22 September 2019, 14:19.

Comment

• Hi, I think they look great,actually look like military and not like a Tesco worker

Comment

• Originally posted by batterysgt View Post
              https://www.facebook.com/10176443323...0146535734895/

It doesn't look that bad. But when do they wear it, just on ships or all the time?
              Any time they aren't wearing number 1s, I assume, same as the Army. It looks good, in my opinion. Looks more miltary than the navies, and with the same layering system, will make live aboard ship a bit easier to bear.

I wonder is there any merit in a Naval Issue beanie? Customs have a nice fleece one, handy for wearing under hard hats etc...
              Last edited by na grohmiti; 22 September 2019, 14:26.
              For now, everything hangs on implementation of the CoDF report.

Comment

• They just tweeted. A pic from the ship check naval service twitter the lads off to ny
                "Are they trying to shoot down the other drone? "

"No, they're trying to fly the tank"

Comment

• Originally posted by trellheim View Post
                  They just tweeted. A pic from the ship check naval service twitter the lads off to ny
                  SB is going to NY, but it appears the crew of JJ are trialling the new uniform.
                  For now, everything hangs on implementation of the CoDF report.

Comment

• Originally posted by batterysgt View Post
                    https://www.facebook.com/10176443323...0146535734895/

It will be an official DF operational uniform same as the green DPM.

That means besides serving overseas with land troops in a Battalion, it will be worn for everything else.

From what i hear, it can be worn in overseas HQ appointments i.e. UNIFIL HQ, KFOR etc in lieu of the green DPM.

Comment

• Originally posted by A/TEL View Post
                      Due to go on trial this year.

Will cover all types of duties in the NS.

When on general issue, the only time green DPM will be worn is on a Land Overseas Deployment.

[ATTACH]8680[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]8680[/ATTACH]

Got my hands on another picture with the smock/jacket.

Click image for larger version

Name:	DPM S.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	140.3 KB
ID:	698278

Comment

• It honestly looks like something OMON in Russia would wear....

Comment

Got my hands on another picture with the smock/jacket.

[ATTACH]8691[/ATTACH]
                          I viewed this and the other sample photos available. I wasn't initially impressed but it looked good being worn by a body of men in the social media post.

Comment

• I still can't understand why the elmer fudd hat is not going to be produced in NSV DPM. Surely that item would benefit those up on deck in cold wet weather?

Is NS FWG worn ashore for normal duties? Is it worn for ranges?

Comment

• Originally posted by apod View Post
                              I still can't understand why the elmer fudd hat is not going to be produced in NSV DPM. Surely that item would benefit those up on deck in cold wet weather?

Is NS FWG worn ashore for normal duties? Is it worn for ranges?
                              From my understanding, the initial production will be only the essential items.

The current issue FWG and other NS specific items will be issued until stocks have been exhausted.

Work will continue on the replacement of FWG and other items. What I understand is that they will continue with the DPM pattern for these items.

On a personal note, it's disappointing that the barrack jacket is being discontinued.

Comment

From my understanding, the initial production will be only the essential items.

The current issue FWG and other NS specific items will be issued until stocks have been exhausted.

Work will continue on the replacement of FWG and other items. What I understand is that they will continue with the DPM pattern for these items.

On a personal note, it's disappointing that the barrack jacket is being discontinued.
                                Let's hope that they issue 24/7, all weather, sustainable clothing for ship's personnel in the right quantity. In days of yore we used to pipe "change into night clothing " which meant wearing jeans,top of your choice, and a jumper if environmentally required.

Comment

Working...
                                X