Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Bit more on her bail issue:

Comment

Apparently the friend who offered the independent bail amount has previous for assault etc (something to do with the referee of a GAA match) and therefore will not be accepted

Comment

Originally posted by DeV View Post
        Apparently the friend who offered the independent bail amount has previous for assault etc (something to do with the referee of a GAA match) and therefore will not be accepted
        I never knew that the “character” of the person standing bail was taken into account. Pretty obvious, I suppose!
        'He died who loved to live,' they'll say,
        'Unselfishly so we might have today!'
        Like hell! He fought because he had to fight;
        He died that's all. It was his unlucky night.
        http://www.salamanderoasis.org/poems...nnis/luck.html

Comment

Originally posted by Flamingo View Post
          I never knew that the “character” of the person standing bail was taken into account. Pretty obvious, I suppose!
          New one on me too

Comment

ISIL terror suspect Lisa Smith is now likely to spend Christmas in jail after a family friend who was to put forward her bail money was rejected at a special court sitting due to his prior crimes.

Comment

In my 25 years attending, on behalf of the state agents, the courts within the state, to have the integrity of a bailer brought onto question to such extent, in particular given the age of some convictions being older than the defendant herself.
              But these are different times, with different defendants.
              For now, everything hangs on implementation of the CoDF report.

Comment

It does smack of no effort being spared to give the impression no effort has been spared...

But as it’s St Stephens Day in half an hour, she’ll just have to avoid spoilers of Gavin & Stacey until she can catch it on Dave.

I hope her child (along with all others) had a good Christmas Day with family, in safety.

Comment

As she is from dundalk, no doubt the interwebs is already set up to look like it's the uk, so she can catch up on the bbc player..
                  I like to imagine her family went to a lot of trouble embedding a seed in this poor child as to how wonderful this Christian festival is.....

Comment

A trip to a Smiths Toys Superstore would take care of embedding a seed .
                    Don't spit in my Bouillabaisse .

Comment

If the evidence against Smith is that she consorted with a terrorist organisation, then Gerry Adams will finally be going down, if it’s she travelled to link up with a terrorist organisation in a foreign country, then the only birds those Colombia 3 will be watching is fellow jail boards.
                      Things fall apart; the centre cannot hold;
                      Mere anarchy is loosed upon the world,
                      The blood-dimmed tide is loosed, and everywhere***
                      The ceremony of innocence is drowned;
                      The best lack all conviction, while the worst
                      Are full of passionate intensity.

Comment

Originally posted by hedgehog View Post
                        If the evidence against Smith is that she consorted with a terrorist organisation, then Gerry Adams will finally be going down, if it’s she travelled to link up with a terrorist organisation in a foreign country, then the only birds those Colombia 3 will be watching is fellow jail boards.
                        Yes, if it only took the word of a Chief Super plus intel reports, Beardie, Slab etc could have been locked up for a long time...

Comment

There has been a certain amount of political influence over the years. The state appoints the judges, the dpp are employed by the state, and of course the police are in the employ of the state. Many prosecutions don't happen as to do so could be considered politically counterproductive. However.the opposite is also true, which is why amnesty etc are not fans of the SCC. It relies on the government of the day being honest, and with integrity. Bad and all as ours have been, they rarely interfered in the court to prosecute. They did interfere though to stop prosecutions though. Lesser of two evils perhaps.

Comment

Fat cat ogorman and his ammesty can go fusk it'self until it starts having something to say about our home grown terrorests
                            Last edited by sofa; 27 December 2019, 00:06.

Comment

Originally posted by sofa View Post
                              Fat cat ogorman and his ammesty can go fusk it'self until it starts having something to say about our home grown terrorests
                              It's ok, amnesty frequently criticise the activities of terrorists too.
                              So....
                              Last edited by na grohmiti; 27 December 2019, 00:12.

Comment

Originally posted by na grohmiti View Post
                                It's ok, amnesty frequently criticise the activities of terrorists too.
                                So....
                                I can't recall them (may be wrong) ever condemning our home grown or imported terrorests, But always fast off the blocks to bang on about the agencies of the state.

Comment

Working...
                                X