No announcement yet.

Nordic Uniform

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I like the fact that all the pocket and patches layout are identical across all layers......better for admin consistency regardless of layer worn. And the fact that the hoods are removable and stowable. Nice touch.
    An army is power. Its entire purpose is to coerce others. This power can not be used carelessly or recklessly. This power can do great harm. We have seen more suffering than any man should ever see, and if there is going to be an end to it, it must be an end that justifies the cost. Joshua Lawrence Chamberlain

Comment

Whats the general consensus? Would this be a good option for us?

I like the whole concept except the fact that the trousers are designed purely for field use.Removable hardshell knee pads are not practical for everyday use.Nor is having a open space when they are not fitted. As the Kiwis found out with their MCU 2011.
      "Let us be clear about three facts. First, all battles and all wars are won in the end by the infantryman. Secondly, the infantryman always bears the brunt. His casualties are heavier, he suffers greater extremes of discomfort and fatigue than the other arms. Thirdly, the art of the infantryman is less stereotyped and far harder to acquire in modern war than that of any other arm." ------- Field Marshall Wavell, April 1945.

Comment

I think overall yes it would be excellent for us. The benefits of tying into a multi service deal like that for cost, service back up, etc. are well documented. It also adds into the broader concert of inter-operability.

From this project specifically, it seems to be a well designed, thought out and integrated clothing system. It would be a massive step forward from buying clothing from multiple suppliers.

I could live with the minor disadvantages of barrack issues around the kneepads not being in place to take the far greater overall advantages of the entire clothing system. The other option is leave the kneepads in permanently, problems solved.
        An army is power. Its entire purpose is to coerce others. This power can not be used carelessly or recklessly. This power can do great harm. We have seen more suffering than any man should ever see, and if there is going to be an end to it, it must be an end that justifies the cost. Joshua Lawrence Chamberlain

Comment

Working...
        X