slopping out...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• slopping out...

A prisoner in the Joy got 7 large as compo for having to slop out. For those who don't know what that means, the scrote has a bucket under his jax and has to put a lid on it and take it out of his cell every morning and dump it in a drain. Lots of smells, of course. Now, does this mean that every caravan and camper owner is going to sue the State, as they have to do essentially the same? Also, the Casa has or had camper-style toilets up the front and they had to have the "cassette" manually removed and emptied into a jax. Myself and my colleagues had to do it, which was why aircrew were encouraged to have a shit before they flew, as there were several refuseniks who wouldnt touch the toilet at all. Should I stick in for the seven grand?

My understanding is that in the Joy they don’t have a jaxs with a bucket under it

They just have a bucket and hover

Comment

Bet he had proper bog roll too, not the greaseproof paper provided by oifig an tsolathair up to the late 80s.
      Score doesn't know how good he had it.
      For now, everything hangs on implementation of the CoDF report.

Comment

Having worked in a prison can I just point out that it's a workplace for prison officers governors teachers nurses and myriad other professions all of whom before in cell sanitation literally used to go home every evening stinking off piss and shit, it got into every fibre of your uniform and there is a massive difference between the smell generated by a few people in the air and hundreds of prisoners many of whom had diseases like hepatitus

Second the state along with the U.K. Was warned that this was unacceptable in 1993, the Brits embarked on a programme that delivered in cell sanitation as their legal people warned this would happen, the DoJ having being warned the same would happen in 1993 did nothing till 2010, questions must be asked

Third there are evil nasty ****ers in Prison lots of them along with the inadequates you in bullied in school , innocent people who got stiched up and people who had one moment of madness. pissing and shitting in a bucket doesn't make them better it makes them worse

Comment

Deduct rations and accommodation from the compo backdated to first conviction .
          Don't spit in my Bouillabaisse .

Comment

one of the excuses used in the case of Mountjoy not being fitted with indoor plumbing was, allegedly, that the building is listed and can't be touched and/or it would be easier to knock it and build a new jail from scratch, than have to refit it for toilets in every cell.

Comment

According to press reports, the Judge has not ruled out a damages claim against him, or him being liable for his own costs...

between the sides.

Mr Justice MacMenamim said, while not describing this as a "test case", the substantial legal issues had to be explored and submissions on costs would be necessary in light of the court's judgment.

Whether Mr Simpson will ultimately receive the entire benefit of the award was beyond the court's control and there may yet be forms of redress available to the victims of his crimes, he added.
              The Supreme Court has awarded a former prisoner €7,500 damages over violation of his constitutional right to protection of his person by having to 'slop out' in prison, and endure "substandard" cell conditions, over almost eight months in 2013.
              'He died who loved to live,' they'll say,
              'Unselfishly so we might have today!'
              Like hell! He fought because he had to fight;
              He died that's all. It was his unlucky night.
              http://www.salamanderoasis.org/poems...nnis/luck.html

Comment

Originally posted by GoneToTheCanner View Post
                one of the excuses used in the case of Mountjoy not being fitted with indoor plumbing was, allegedly, that the building is listed and can't be touched and/or it would be easier to knock it and build a new jail from scratch, than have to refit it for toilets in every cell.
                Total bollix

Mountjoy is a carbon copy of Hmp pentonville in London and the brits successfully installed toilets there in 1996, I’m sure that the governor would have been happy to show the department around, he was from artane
                Last edited by paul g; 15 November 2019, 21:09.

Comment

Originally posted by paul g View Post
                  Total bollix

Mountjoy is a carbon copy of Hmp pentonville in London and the brits successfully installed toilets there in 1996, I’m sure that the governor would have been happy to show the department around, he was from artane
                  And same governor has always promoted himself as a bleeding heart libo. Yet never threatened to resign over the slopping out.

Comment

Originally posted by sofa View Post
                    And same governor has always promoted himself as a bleeding heart libo. Yet never threatened to resign over the slopping out.
                    I meant the governor of hmp pentonville in London Gary Monaghan who is from artane

Comment

Total bollix

But that wouldn't have fitted in with the then governments plan to sell the site, especially after they spent all that money on the land for the failed Thornton Hall Project
                      It was the year of fire...the year of destruction...the year we took back what was ours.
                      It was the year of rebirth...the year of great sadness...the year of pain...and the year of joy.
                      It was a new age...It was the end of history.
                      It was the year everything changed.

Comment

What's happening there now, I wonder? There was also a plan to build a new super prison just south of Kilworth Camp.
                        For now, everything hangs on implementation of the CoDF report.

Comment

Total bollix

that's what the DoJ said when it was first mooted that toilets be fitted. Basically, they didnt want to have to fund refitting the entire prison and used every means and method to avoid having to do so. A friend of mine has been involved in prison cell refits and some of the waste of funds would make you eyes water.

Comment

Originally posted by GoneToTheCanner View Post
                            that's what the DoJ said when it was first mooted that toilets be fitted. Basically, they didnt want to have to fund refitting the entire prison and used every means and method to avoid having to do so. A friend of mine has been involved in prison cell refits and some of the waste of funds would make you eyes water.
                            The doj says all sort of things that I know to be complete bollox as ive worked in prisons for a long time some ministers believe them others don’t.the smarter ministers in justice overpay Garda and prison officers and leave others to clean up the crap. Some incredibly restrictive work practices in the prison service and the Garda are the same

Comment

Working...
                            X