Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

New Irish army Rangers book published early 2020...for anyone interested.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New Irish army Rangers book published early 2020...for anyone interested.

Attached Files

Available today on Kindle! Great read!

Comment

For some reason I can't post in the book sub forum.

One of the instructors from the Hell Week show is releasing a book in September:

'The path I have travelled, the things I have done and the people I have met in crisis situations have given me a window into those qualities that make us perform. My military training created a mindset, an outlook and skills that can be channelled into any situation.' From the hills of south Lebanon to the monsoon jungles of Southern Asia, Ray Goggins has operated in a life-and-death world. In the suffocating humidity of Liberia, the mountains of Afghanistan and the snow-covered Balkans, Ray has seen the best and worst qualities in himself and others. From conflict zones to terrorist attacks and hostage rescues, Ray has learned the greatest life lessons: how to control fear, how to react calmly and positively, and how to create a strong baseline from which to take action. In this remarkable book he takes us on an exhilarating journey through his incredible career and draws on the valuable lessons to help all of us deal better with life, whatever the situation.
      I have no idea if it will be crap or not but I'll give it a whirl when it comes out and tell ye what I think

Comment

Originally posted by 1798 View Post
        Available today on Kindle! Great read!
        Is that you Wayne? ;-)

Comment

Originally posted by Jaque'ammer View Post
          For some reason I can't post in the book sub forum.

One of the instructors from the Hell Week show is releasing a book in September:

I have no idea if it will be crap or not but I'll give it a whirl when it comes out and tell ye what I think
          Got a hold of my copy about an hour ago, I'm about 100 pages in and I'm really enjoying it. As a history of Goggin's career it's brilliant. Some absolutely hilarious anecdotes that I'd love to hear the veracity of (gone off egg mayonnaise wiping out a company in the Leb?). If you were in the DF in the 90's I think you might get a lot out of this.

The leadership/life coaching stuff is very practical and not preachy so far. Mostly he tells a story and then points to what he learned from it. Definitely less annoying than "You Can't Hurt Me" or "Extreme Ownership". At no point so far have I been asked to make an Instagram post to the publisher's hashtag.

Comment

Originally posted by Jaque'ammer View Post

Got a hold of my copy about an hour ago, I'm about 100 pages in and I'm really enjoying it. As a history of Goggin's career it's brilliant. Some absolutely hilarious anecdotes that I'd love to hear the veracity of (gone off egg mayonnaise wiping out a company in the Leb?). If you were in the DF in the 90's I think you might get a lot out of this.

The leadership/life coaching stuff is very practical and not preachy so far. Mostly he tells a story and then points to what he learned from it. Definitely less annoying than "You Can't Hurt Me" or "Extreme Ownership". At no point so far have I been asked to make an Instagram post to the publisher's hashtag.
            I bought it last week or the week before and read it in two sittings
            It's a super read, i really enjoyed it and could not put it down at night, hence blitzing through it so quickly
            "Well, stone me! We've had cocaine, bribery and Arsenal scoring two goals at home. But just when you thought there were truly no surprises left in football, Vinnie Jones turns out to be an international player!" (Jimmy Greaves)!"

Comment

Ranger22….. must have

that is all

Comment

Just reading it now, turns out Ray was in the same FCA unit as me, different Coy, but a year ahead. We would definitely have been on the same camps and ex before he went to the PDF, and his best buddy who joined the USMC was an instructor on my Standard NCO course some years back, having returned after completing his time in the Marines.
                When you realise that "OB" is also ex 23rd, that will do the unit collective ego no favours at all. (I trained OB as an FCA recruit).

A great read. Very easy to read too.100% recommended.
                For now, everything hangs on implementation of the CoDF report.

Comment

Rays book is definitely worth a read a good Christmas present.

Comment

Just finished Ranger 22, great book!

Comment

If anyone was watching Ultimate Hellweek the Professionals

Ray & Rory (From Rory’s Stories) are doing a live Resilence event in Dublin, Limerick and I think Cork

ticketmaster have it down as comedy not sure about that

don’t think I’d want to sitting too close to the front in case you get called out for a log run

Comment

Working...
                      X