Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bizarre story from Sweden

This is the most bizarre story I have come across

That's crazy. There is fair chance he would have been previously conscripted as an enlisted solder in the Swedish Armed Forces so may have gained enough military bearing there to pull it off. Just me speculating but amazing stuff.

It reminds me of an acquaintance of mine (Irish). It was about a decade ago now but he took up a job in Sweden under a false name claiming he had a PhD. He's highest qualification was actually a bachelor's degree. He used to delight in sending us internet links with photos of him at events under his pseudo name. He even had a company email address under that name from his employer.

He had worked in Sweden previously on work experience with college so had some mastery of the language and knew the lay of the land before he travelled over. He was eventually caught out after a year or so and has worked back in Ireland (under his actual name and qualification!) ever since. Ridiculous at the time but he had that type of brazen and confident personality to pull it off.

Maybe the Swedes are just ridiculously trusting! This story has certainly given me a chuckle anyway!

Comment

You do read stories now and again about people masquerading as university lecturers and even doctors for long periods of time without any proper qualifications before being caught out.

Brings to mind that movie from a few years ago about Frank Abignale.
      All you need is enough insider knowledge to make it look like you know what you're doing, and a big pair of brass goolies.

Maybe it illustrates how many of us, even with the correct qualifications, are just winging it half the time anyway

Comment

Didn't the DF recently recruit a medical doctor with no medical qualifications?
        For now, everything hangs on implementation of the CoDF report.

Comment

Originally posted by na grohmiti View Post
          Didn't the DF recently recruit a medical doctor with no medical qualifications?

Comment

That's him.
            For now, everything hangs on implementation of the CoDF report.

Comment

im not a gynacoligist,,but ill have a look moment..lol

Comment

Originally posted by golden rivet View Post
                im not a gynacoligist,,but ill have a look moment..lol
                The old ones are the best...
                'He died who loved to live,' they'll say,
                'Unselfishly so we might have today!'
                Like hell! He fought because he had to fight;
                He died that's all. It was his unlucky night.
                http://www.salamanderoasis.org/poems...nnis/luck.html

Comment

Of course it was a HR agency that failed to do its job.

Comment

Working...
                  X