Thanks Thanks:  47
Likes Likes:  81
Dislikes Dislikes:  6
Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 789
    Lord Chief Bottlewasher trellheim's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by apod View Post
    1/ If you honestly believe that that is not the way the DoD Operate than I put it to you that YOU are the one indulging in Fantasy. The DoD do not do ANYTHING that is cost increasing unless the have a gun put to their heads.Fact.

2/ You have obviously not been reading any of my more recent posts on the help the AR has given to the PDF if you think that is what I am implying.I am saying that is what the Civil servants (probably) think.Not what we do.

And I am the next Chief of Staff of 100,000 strong DF,with 2 Aircraft carriers, a fleet of MBTs and laser rifles for all Seriously??
    And I agree with this comment from apod. Restoring a cut which had no basis in law, fixing a pay discrepancy because someone didn't know how to use Excel; these are all crumbs for the peasants. The DOD do nothing unless forced against their will. The commission is only to kick to touch.
    "Are they trying to shoot down the other drone? "

"No, they're trying to fly the tank"

2. Thanks apod thanked for this post
    Likes apod liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    That's true if the DOD was altruistic it would have corrected the pay error once it was pointed out to them. But no they had to dragged kicking and screaming to the table

4. Thanks apod thanked for this post
    Likes na grohmiti, DeV liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by apod View Post
    1/ If you honestly believe that that is not the way the DoD Operate than I put it to you that YOU are the one indulging in Fantasy. The DoD do not do ANYTHING that is cost increasing unless the have a gun put to their heads.Fact.

2/ You have obviously not been reading any of my more recent posts on the help the AR has given to the PDF if you think that is what I am implying.I am saying that is what the Civil servants (probably) think.Not what we do.
    I'm not suggesting that's what your opinion of the RDF was and I indeed read and appreciated your comments on how the AR has been assisting the PDF since the crisis started.

I've never had to deal with a DoD civil servant but I'm assuming you have. Put it down to naivity on my part.

Two friends of mine have relatively senior roles within two high profile government departments. They have nothing but dedictation for their departments' roles and they take their responsibilities seriously. I've discussed what I've learned of the DoD (primarily from on here) and they are incredulous with how they manage themselves and the DF with an almost adversarial relationship. I guess I just find the DoD's behaviour bizarre as I've never experienced directly.

6. Thanks apod thanked for this post
    Lt Colonel
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Auldsod View Post
    I'm not suggesting that's what your opinion of the RDF was and I indeed read and appreciated your comments on how the AR has been assisting the PDF since the crisis started.

I've never had to deal with a DoD civil servant but I'm assuming you have. Put it down to naivity on my part.

Two friends of mine have relatively senior roles within two high profile government departments. They have nothing but dedictation for their departments' roles and they take their responsibilities seriously. I've discussed what I've learned of the DoD (primarily from on here) and they are incredulous with how they manage themselves and the DF with an almost adversarial relationship. I guess I just find the DoD's behaviour bizarre as I've never experienced directly.
    Plenty of former Service personnel were subjected to FEMPI and had the equivalent of a full years pension taken from them over a 10 year period, between 2010 and 2020. It was taken in one fell swoop and restored in 25% tranches and was seen by some DOD logic as almost a pay rise.

CQMS
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Bravo20 View Post
    That's true if the DOD was altruistic it would have corrected the pay error once it was pointed out to them. But no they had to dragged kicking and screaming to the table
    That was certainly the case when the matter was first raised with the former minister and (more importantly) the former Secretary General. The matter was quickly dealt with by the new office holders. I sense a change in culture but it’s too early to know for sure. I’ve been wrong about lots of things and I’m conscious of how badly these posts might age.

Post Thanks / Like
    That was certainly the case when the matter was first raised with the former minister and (more importantly) the former Secretary General. The matter was quickly dealt with by the new office holders. I sense a change in culture but it’s too early to know for sure. I’ve been wrong about lots of things and I’m conscious of how badly these posts might age.
    Simon Coveney was a previous minister.

Jacqui McCrum was appointed in August 2020 and has had 5 months.

Hardly "Quick".

Post Thanks / Like
    Well 5 months is positively meteoric in DOD terms

11. Likes na grohmiti, Sluggie liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Well 5 months is positively meteoric in DOD terms
    I suppose you've more experience with DOD than I do

Lt Colonel
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by trellheim View Post
    Simon Coveney was a previous minister.

Jacqui McCrum was appointed in August 2020 and has had 5 months.

Hardly "Quick".
    The Secretary General comes from a caring/teaching background with fiscal overtones. She may be exactly what is required by all of us.

14. Likes DeV, na grohmiti liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    The Secretary General comes from a caring/teaching background with fiscal overtones
    ? So exactly what is required for DOD ? lol /s

Lt Colonel
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by trellheim View Post
    ? So exactly what is required for DOD ? lol /s
    I was being IRONIC.

Post Thanks / Like
    thats why I had the /s tag

Post Thanks / Like
    Word from RDFRA Facebook page is that former members have not been paid and DoD will be in touch with them

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by DeV View Post
    Word from RDFRA Facebook page is that former members have not been paid and DoD will be in touch with them
    I've also noted from others I know that there is a similar issue for those who have left the RDF and moved into the PDF in the same period.

Post Thanks / Like
    I've also noted from others I know that there is a similar issue for those who have left the RDF and moved into the PDF in the same period.
    Your DoD employee number is your army number so they have no way to relate it to for pay

Post Thanks / Like
    Exactly. You get a new army number.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by DeV View Post
    Your DoD employee number is your army number so they have no way to relate it to for pay
    Exactly. You get a new army number.
    Yup. Have to be discharged from the RDF to be enlisted in the PDF
    "Well, stone me! We've had cocaine, bribery and Arsenal scoring two goals at home. But just when you thought there were truly no surprises left in football, Vinnie Jones turns out to be an international player!" (Jimmy Greaves)!"

Thread Information