• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by DeV View Post
    @auldsod

Everyone in the RDF owes you a pint

Pity the pubs are closed

It’s not the full (on average) 19% but it’s on average 9%
    Haha. I'll definitely be spending some of my back pay on a few beers (from the off licence for now unfortunately).

Ah, I just initially crunched the numbers and raised the issue - I'm sure the real work here was behind the scenes between RDFRA and the Department. Can't have been easy.

Just running the numbers again; someone in the rank of Cpl/LS in particular might actually be finding themselves with a surprising amount of back pay especially if they have put down a large number of man days over the period.

Comment

• Originally posted by Auldsod View Post
      Haha. I'll definitely be spending some of my back pay on a few beers (from the off licence for now unfortunately).

Ah, I just initially crunched the numbers and raised the issue - I'm sure the real work here was behind the scenes between RDFRA and the Department. Can't have been easy.

Just running the numbers again; someone in the rank of Cpl/LS in particular might actually be finding themselves with a surprising amount of back pay especially if they have put down a large number of man days over the period.

In fairness, as far as I know, no one knew about the more than 10% discrepancy until you highlighted it

Credit to RDFRA as well
      Last edited by DeV; 26 January 2021, 18:11.

Comment

• Well done, will be spent on new tabs for the kids.

Comment

• However, the additional 10% reduction under the Haddington Road Agreement is not included in these restorations. Will the pay restoration include interest?

If RDF members being underpaid were members of an ethnic group, the woke muppets would invade the dail, making the storming of the Basteille look like a Teddy bears picnic.
          Fail to prepare, prepare to fail

Comment

• Originally posted by Bayern Fan View Post
            However, the additional 10% reduction under the Haddington Road Agreement is not included in these restorations. Will the pay restoration include interest?

If RDF members being underpaid were members of an ethnic group, the woke muppets would invade the dail, making the storming of the Basteille look like a Teddy bears picnic.

The Minister must have heard you

FEMPI 10% restored from 1 January 2021 (arrears also being paid this Friday)

Comment

• Been a great week for the reserve at least on the pay front and all credit to RDFRA.

No mean feat considering that reversing these cuts could easily have been on the back burner considering the current uncertain climate the state now finds itself in.

Maybe these could be the beginnings of wider change...

Comment

• A new broom.
                For now, everything hangs on implementation of the CoDF report.

Comment

• Originally posted by na grohmiti View Post
                  A new broom.
                  Better than no broom.

Comment

• Better then old broom.

Comment

Been a great week for the reserve at least on the pay front and all credit to RDFRA.

No mean feat considering that reversing these cuts could easily have been on the back burner considering the current uncertain climate the state now finds itself in.

Maybe these could be the beginnings of wider change...
                      Hopefully it’s a sign that meaningful improvements in pay and conditions are on their way for the PDF also.

Comment

• Originally posted by Sluggie View Post
                        Hopefully it’s a sign that meaningful improvements in pay and conditions are on their way for the PDF also.
                        Get real will ya. The reason the Minister weighed in on this is because their must have been a "Holy F**k we better sort this out fast or the RDF will down tools just when the DF needs them most"moment somewhere on high.

There will be zero impact on our terms and conditions as it suits the DoD to run us down.Less pensions to pay out.
                        "Let us be clear about three facts. First, all battles and all wars are won in the end by the infantryman. Secondly, the infantryman always bears the brunt. His casualties are heavier, he suffers greater extremes of discomfort and fatigue than the other arms. Thirdly, the art of the infantryman is less stereotyped and far harder to acquire in modern war than that of any other arm." ------- Field Marshall Wavell, April 1945.

Comment

• Originally posted by apod View Post
                          Get real will ya. The reason the Minister weighed in on this is because their must have been a "Holy F**k we better sort this out fast or the RDF will down tools just when the DF needs them most"moment somewhere on high.

There will be zero impact on our terms and conditions as it suits the DoD to run us down.Less pensions to pay out.
                          I can understand your pessimism about the possibility of any improvements to PDF pay and conditions being down the line and but I genuinely hope this commission leads to some movement where it's deserved most.

I do however believe the suggestion that the movement on pay was for fear of RDF withdrawing labour is pure fantasy. I doubt most who assisted in 2020 and are still assisting this year are too worried about what's on their pay slips. You don't join the reserve to make money and I'm sure many wouldn't have cared if they had received nothing for some of the mandays put down...
                          Last edited by Auldsod; 28 January 2021, 19:50.

Comment

• Get real will ya. The reason the Minister weighed in on this is because their must have been a "Holy F**k we better sort this out fast or the RDF will down tools just when the DF needs them most"moment somewhere on high.
                            Someone must have pointed out a few hard facts. Also they still have no legal basis for it (has anyone got a recent copy of S3 )
                            "Are they trying to shoot down the other drone? "

"No, they're trying to fly the tank"

Comment

I can understand your pessimism about the possibility of any improvements to PDF pay and conditions being down the line and but I genuinely hope this commission leads to some movement where it's deserved most.

I do however believe the suggestion that the movement on pay was for fear of RDF withdrawing labour is pure fantasy. I doubt most who assisted in 2020 and are still assisting this year are too worried about what's on their pay slips. You don't join the reserve to make money and I'm sure many wouldn't have cared if they had received nothing for some of the mandays put down...
                              Pay is outside CoDF’s remit
                              Conditions (HR policy) are within

Comment

• Originally posted by apod View Post

I really think there is a big shift in culture underway at the DoD. Hopefully it’s not snuffed out.

Comment

Working...
                                X