Restoration of RDF pay

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Restoration of RDF pay

Just a question regarding RDF pay. After 14 days FTT, I was assuming that my pay would be two weeks of PDF pay at my rank multiplied by 90%? I'm looking at the post 2013 pay scales with effect from 01.01.18. I'm also aware that reservists are only ever paid on point one of the scale.

My actual final gross pay seems closer to 87% of the PDF pay rate. Not sure what the extra 3% deducted is for. Problem is that the payslip just gives the gross amount and not the number if days it is for.

Originally posted by Auldsod View Post
    Just a question regarding RDF pay. After 14 days FTT, I was assuming that my pay would be two weeks of PDF pay at my rank multiplied by 90%? I'm looking at the post 2013 pay scales with effect from 01.01.18. I'm also aware that reservists are only ever paid on point one of the scale.

My actual final gross pay seems closer to 87% of the PDF pay rate. Not sure what the extra 3% deducted is for. Problem is that the payslip just gives the gross amount and not the number if days it is for.

RDF pay is the first point of the scale for that rank (I think there's seven pay points on the rank scale?) less 10% (as you say). Membership of RDFRA results in a 4.5% deduction from weekly pay. Are you an RDFRA member, by any chance? Although this deduction SHOULD show up on your payslip
    "Well, stone me! We've had cocaine, bribery and Arsenal scoring two goals at home. But just when you thought there were truly no surprises left in football, Vinnie Jones turns out to be an international player!" (Jimmy Greaves)!"

Comment

Less PAYE, less USC, less welfare (€0.30 per week)

Comment

Deductions must be shown on the pay slip by law
        "Are they trying to shoot down the other drone? "

"No, they're trying to fly the tank"

Comment

Did you get access to your payslip?

PM inbound

Comment

Hi All, thanks for the replies. I received access to my payslip and it does give my gross pay with no RDFRA deduction (even though I've requested to join).

No sign of the welfare amount but I've been charged USC and PAYE. No PRSI as I'm class M. I guess I'll just have to give them a ring in Galway on Saturday. I'd be interested to see what the breakdown is. Same amount has been applied to a number of other DF members so want to make sure it's correct.

Comment

As far as I can figure

A PDF recruit (enlisted today) gets € 390.31 there RDF gets € 351.27 a week as their basic line pay

Comment

They are actually on the LRA 2 set of scales as of 2018. i have a copy but no link unfortunately. A few euro more but calculation remains the same.

Comment

Originally posted by Truck Driver View Post
                  RDF pay is the first point of the scale for that rank (I think there's seven pay points on the rank scale?) less 10% (as you say). Membership of RDFRA results in a 4.5% deduction from weekly pay. Are you an RDFRA member, by any chance? Although this deduction SHOULD show up on your payslip
                  I joined the RDFRA but my understanding is that membership dues were 4.5% of one weeks pay for the year and not every week's pay. 4.5% would be a massive chunk otherwise....

Comment

I joined the RDFRA but my understanding is that membership dues were 4.5% of one weeks pay for the year and not every week's pay. 4.5% would be a massive chunk otherwise....
                    Correct

Comment

Looking into it a bit further now. I see I have received an allowance at a pre 2013 joining rate whilst it should be higher on the 2018 rate after the second increase from the Lansdowne road agreement. I'll assuming the RDF get all those in line with the PDF before the usual 10% reduction?

Comment

Looking into it a bit further now. I see I have received an allowance at a pre 2013 joining rate whilst it should be higher on the 2018 rate after the second increase from the Lansdowne road agreement. I'll assuming the RDF get all those in line with the PDF before the usual 10% reduction?
                        What Allowance?

Comment

Originally posted by DeV View Post
                          What Allowance?
                          Naval pay is technically an allowance paid daily.

Comment

Actually, can anyone with an RDFRA connection or otherwise confirm if the RDF pay is based off the below pay scales less 10%?

Or has RDFRA dropped the ball here and the RDF aren't getting the increases (after already taking the 10%)?

UPDATE

Just looked at the military.ie site and it seems the RDF is getting paid on an older scale which is possibly 90% of whatever pay was back in 2013 before any increases were given.

Not sure if RDF members were calculating out there payslips but either we are getting paid incorrectly or the RDF hasn't got the same increases PDFORRA got for the PDF further increasing the pay gap.
                            Last edited by Auldsod; 5 November 2018, 17:06.

Comment

Comment

Working...
                              X