No announcement yet.

Question : Army form requesting RDF leave from employers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I believe we are M up until a certain threshhold (5,200 Euro I believe) and then it moves to K.

M is 0% which is handy if are already working and paying PRSI on your full time job's earnings. If you're a student or not working, you're unfortunately making no social insurance contributions (a student won't care - more beer tokens).

K is 4% when the threshold is passed.

The detail on the AF309 is way off and makes no difference to your employer. (I stand to be corrected on last point).

There can't be too many breaching the 5,200 euro threshold to pay PRSI. Possibly senior RDF officers with significant training day usage or NSR with significant numbers of days at sea in a year.

Even then, unlikely. A Lieutenant Colonel would need five weeks FTT.
    Last edited by Auldsod; 22 March 2020, 20:47.

Comment

its not M .. theres an SI somewhere which classes all FCA pay as subsidiary employment
      "Are they trying to shoot down the other drone? "

"No, they're trying to fly the tank"

Comment

Originally posted by trellheim View Post
        its not M .. theres an SI somewhere which classes all FCA pay as subsidiary employment

It's Class M per our payslips which is a primary source. I have never paid a cent of PRSI for my man days.

It may have been decided that the RDF is subsidiary employment but don't forget that revenue and the Department of Social Protection are seperate entitites. It all comes off the one payslip but tax and PRSI are managed seperately. There may be a difference between what's on an SI and what's done in practice.

We can't be charged class H as that's for PDF and reflects the complex nature of their pension arrangments.

Class A or A1 would make the most sense but we don't get charged that. Why not, God knows.

It may be possible that we go to A rather than K when we reach said threshhold but I don't think I'll ever earn that much with the RDF so....
        Last edited by Auldsod; 22 March 2020, 21:13.

Comment

we don't get A because there would be Pension

This is the SI http://www.irishstatutebook.ie/eli/1.../made/en/print ( further reference here http://www.irishstatutebook.ie/eli/2...02/made/en/pdf )

Class M is wrong I think - maybe after 21 days tho

Comment

we don't get A because there would be Pension

This is the SI http://www.irishstatutebook.ie/eli/1.../made/en/print ( further reference here http://www.irishstatutebook.ie/eli/2...02/made/en/pdf )

Class M is wrong I think - maybe after 21 days tho
            I think you may have it. Up to 21 days i Class M as this class is pretty for any individual not paying PRSI.

Once we have over 21 man days - would pay class K I'd guess?

If you completed more than 21 days last year, it should be updated on your last payslip.

You were bang on with the extract.

'(2) For the purposes of section 71 any employment specified in Regulations
            made under paragraph 4 of Part 2 of Schedule 1 to the Principal Act as being
            of such a nature that it is ordinarily adopted as subsidiary employment only and
            not as the principal means of livelihood, other than employment as a member
            of the Defence Forces involving service in either An Forsa Cosanta A´ itiu´il or
            An Slua Muir?´ for any period not in excess of 21 consecutive days, shall be taken
            as not being so specified.'

Comment

I did a deep dive into reserve pay a year and a bit ago. Look at my notes here and here is what I recorded (I didn't save the backup for said rates!).

PSRI Class M up until 21 days.

PRSI K or H (I couldn't work it out) if a certain weekly level of income is earned after that.

Comment

Can anyone remember the LA number for this if I remember its a high number like 788
                Did you get this?

just come across a copy of the form

Comment

I got sorted - whats the form number for reference purposes ?

Comment

I got sorted - whats the form number for reference purposes ?
                    Can’t find it just have a scan of the form

it is an LA rather than an AF as it has a counterfoil

Comment

i got sorted - whats the form number for reference purposes ?
                      af 309

Comment

Working...
                      X