Amendments to the Defence Act for Covid Emergency

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by trellheim View Post
    Proposed amendment to allow for RDF employment protection. See Section 26. https://data.oireachtas.ie/ie/oireac...b0420d-dnl.pdf.

Amendment is by two independent TDs so may not go through. We will know tonight as it has to be done by then.
    Looks like it passed. Opposed by Fine Gael though.
    What are you cackling at, fatty? Too much pie, that's your problem.

Comment

Passed
      Last edited by batterysgt; 26 March 2020, 22:13.

Comment

no
        Para 4 in the amendment seems to say otherwise
        "Well, stone me! We've had cocaine, bribery and Arsenal scoring two goals at home. But just when you thought there were truly no surprises left in football, Vinnie Jones turns out to be an international player!" (Jimmy Greaves)!"

Comment

How easy was it to do this. Well done to the TD from Kildate south.
          Sad that FG chose not to vote for it because "it was unlikely the reserve would be called out".
          For now, everything hangs on implementation of the CoDF report.

Comment

rights yes cash no
            "Are they trying to shoot down the other drone? "

"No, they're trying to fly the tank"

Comment

rights yes cash no
              No duff - how do you see that in the legislation?
              "Well, stone me! We've had cocaine, bribery and Arsenal scoring two goals at home. But just when you thought there were truly no surprises left in football, Vinnie Jones turns out to be an international player!" (Jimmy Greaves)!"

Comment

missing your point here. Where do you see that your salary continues if you are called up, in the amendment ?

Comment

You entitled to your job back basically

Comment

If your currently earning €60k in your civi employment and the reserve is called up fulltime you earn the pay of your rank ie Cpl €512 pw vs over 1000k pw, so it's a loss.
                    Basically if you earn more in your civilian employment you lose.

Someone please tell me that I'm wrong.
                    Last edited by batterysgt; 27 March 2020, 00:54.

Comment

I cannot understand how the powers that be didn't ensure this was on the statute books already.

It must really kill the DOD. It almost seems like the TD for Kildare South is trolling them.

Comment

missing your point here. Where do you see that your salary continues if you are called up, in the amendment ?
                        It's how I am interpreting 26(4). Maybe I'm wrong....

Comment

very definitely you do not get your salary.

You do get paid same as PDF though, in accordance with regulations if called out on ATCP or permanent service its pension and MSA lol see R5 para 45

Comment

Originally posted by Truck Driver View Post
                            It's how I am interpreting 26(4). Maybe I'm wrong....
                            That section means that you continue to accumulate seniority etc at your main employment while you are called up. For example if you were made redundant years after returning to your main employer, your redundancy payment would be calculated as if you had not broken service.

Comment

Teachtaireacht ón Seanad - Message from Seanad Dáil Éireann debate - Thursday, 26 Mar 2020

If anyone wants a read of the discussion on this at committee stage.

(Oireachas.ie is a great tool I'm finding!)

Comment

I thought IMO would be literally on fire over this but its all very tumbleweeds today?!
                                "He is an enemy officer taken in battle and entitled to fair treatment."
                                "No, sir. He's a sergeant, and they don't deserve no respect at all, sir. I should know. They're cunning and artful, if they're any good. I wouldn't mind if he was an officer, sir. But sergeants are clever."

Comment

Working...
                                X