Thanks Thanks:  19
Likes Likes:  69
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Commander in Chief
    Post Thanks / Like
    In this situation the dates have been very important. Dates have determined both our response times and our length of response.
    As of today, while the numbers are sad to see, our average daily infection increase is at 10%, while our mortality rate is still just under 3%. However I am sad to say we will not all be heading for the hills on Easter sunday. The worst is yet to come. Better off saving the reserve (medical reserves) for when we need them most, when many of our HCWs are offline because they too are infected, and when the numbers infected is at its highest. We are not there yet.
    German 1: Private Schnutz, I have bad news for you.
    German 2: Private? I am a general!
    German 1: That is the bad news.

2. Thanks DeV, apc, sofa thanked for this post
    Likes DeV, Shaqra liked this post
    Commandant
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by ancientmariner View Post
    We know that in a backs to the wall scenario 200 military personnel built an expandable 4000 bed field hospital in the ExCel Centre in London , in 9 Days. It requires 16,000 staff which is being dredged up from St. Johns Ambulance, retired medical staffs, Military medical personnel, and other willing volunteers. It opens it's doors today. We must show willing. We got SBA's badged in the 60's and 70's by attaching them to busy A&E's in Major Hospitals. To keep the ship afloat we must take our turn at the pumps. When this is over, proper Military functions and potential essential supports must be reestablished.
    The real point I'm making is that when you try to drum up an Order of Battle for our 2Bdes they have listed their attached supports but there is no mention or identification of medical support for either Bde. The CTC is identified as the location of Central Medical Unit (CMU). If the doo-doo hits the fan what is the Plan.

4. Likes Flamingo liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    The real point I'm making is that when you try to drum up an Order of Battle for our 2Bdes they have listed their attached supports but there is no mention or identification of medical support for either Bde. The CTC is identified as the location of Central Medical Unit (CMU). If the doo-doo hits the fan what is the Plan.
    "CTC" ??? Showing your vintage there, Ancientmariner
    But yeh, get your point...
    "Well, stone me! We've had cocaine, bribery and Arsenal scoring two goals at home. But just when you thought there were truly no surprises left in football, Vinnie Jones turns out to be an international player!" (Jimmy Greaves)!"

6. Likes Flamingo liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    The plan seems to be for the doo-doo to miss the fan...
    'He died who loved to live,' they'll say,
    'Unselfishly so we might have today!'
    Like hell! He fought because he had to fight;
    He died that's all. It was his unlucky night.
    http://www.salamanderoasis.org/poems...nnis/luck.html

8. Likes Shaqra liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Not 100% sure but I think the idea is that the CMU was a that it’s elements could be tasked and moved as required

https://forum.irishmilitaryonline.co...p/t-12922.html

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Flamingo View Post
    The plan seems to be for the doo-doo to miss the fan...
    Well if you don't have a fan in the first place the doo-doo can't hit it, so in the eyes of the bean counters, every thing will be OK.
    Well, government doesn't stop just because the country's been destroyed!
    I mean, annihilation's bad enough without anarchy to make things even worse!

11. Likes apod, Flamingo liked this post
    Commandant
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by DeV View Post
    Not 100% sure but I think the idea is that the CMU was a that it’s elements could be tasked and moved as required

https://forum.irishmilitaryonline.co...p/t-12922.html
    It's an impressive document but needs to be assessed by a Military Medical system of note that is up and running. An Army needs it's medical ability to be both static and mobile. It also needs it's facilities to be as exclusive as possible particularly during periods of conflict. The traditional service given to Families at DFTC should in fact be at Military facilities countrywide. The current state of AM Services is exclusively the fault of Government, and their view that taken care of people is somehow anachronistic . My son, who retired to, and works in Sweden, told me the Swedish Army was able to provide 30 ventilators to their GMS to help out for Covid.

Post Thanks / Like
    It's an impressive document but needs to be assessed by a Military Medical system of note that is up and running. An Army needs it's medical ability to be both static and mobile. It also needs it's facilities to be as exclusive as possible particularly during periods of conflict. The traditional service given to Families at DFTC should in fact be at Military facilities countrywide. The current state of AM Services is exclusively the fault of Government, and their view that taken care of people is somehow anachronistic . My son, who retired to, and works in Sweden, told me the Swedish Army was able to provide 30 ventilators to their GMS to help out for Covid.
    Size of Swedish military in comparison to DF ?

Really the PA Consultancy report focused on medicals (all the various types) and MOs. At the time the major issue was a lack of MOs.

Of course it failed to look at requirement for RDF enlistment medicals or really the RDF at all (think it got a mention twice).

The biggest single positive development in recent years has been the Faculty of Military Medicine

Post Thanks / Like
    It is an old public source but in 2017 there were in the DF the following medical personnel:
    21 doctors and 108 emergency medical technicians.
    https://www.medicalindependent.ie/me...-army-doctors/

Although it seems the number has now reduced to 19 doctors although on the public source below no date is given. The site is interesting as it allow anyone to compare with militaries of other countries.
    https://www.military-medicine.com/al...public-of.html

15. Thanks Tempest thanked for this post
    Commandant
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by DeV View Post
    Size of Swedish military in comparison to DF ?

Really the PA Consultancy report focused on medicals (all the various types) and MOs. At the time the major issue was a lack of MOs.

Of course it failed to look at requirement for RDF enlistment medicals or really the RDF at all (think it got a mention twice).

The biggest single positive development in recent years has been the Faculty of Military Medicine
    The Swedish comparison is apt. They have double our population at approx 10m, and 2.25 times our active strength and 5.8 times our budget. While we buy uniforms and paint old buildings and buy large ships with little military capability, and buy passenger planes for the Aer Corps, the Swedish spend money on Defence. We in Ireland continually feel the Department buys us presents if we are good and acquiescent to a meaningless exercise.

17. Likes Bayern Fan, na grohmiti liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Audax View Post
    Forgive my ignorance here but what is ICRR?
    Irish Community Rapid Response
    https://www.icrr.ie/about-us/

19. Thanks Flamingo thanked for this post
    Likes Flamingo liked this post
    Commandant
    Post Thanks / Like
    The Swedish comparison is apt. They have double our population at approx 10m, and 2.25 times our active strength and 5.8 times our budget. While we buy uniforms and paint old buildings and buy large ships with little military capability, and buy passenger planes for the Aer Corps, the Swedish spend money on Defence. We in Ireland continually feel the Department buys us presents if we are good and acquiescent to a meaningless exercise.
    As you say in 2012, as an extension to their GP training programme, an additional certified period of training is added on by the new Faculty of Military Medicine in Ireland, to upgrade GP training. Facilities are provided/approved by our Medical Corps. I don't think how we do it is the permanent or ONLY yardstick as we no longer run Military or field hospitals or own facilities for critical care or combat surgery. Ideology or political intentions rarely translates to hospital type boots on the ground. Some people still around saw no problem in industrialising the defence forces and transferring care to the public hospitals. Where does the sick serviceman go? Who takes care of him and his family.

Thread Information