Military transport aircraft

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by pilatus View Post
    Well then, he might get on well with the second hand airplane sales man.

Quality aircraft ads, real-time price reductions, email and rss alerts, sell your own plane

This C130H was offered for sale to Nigeria and in 2016 was valued at $12.7 mill approx. The airframe has 2680 hours on it according to the advert above.
    It’s a former USN TACAMO aircraft (just for interest sake) and according to the advert they have 2-3 similar available.

But all are currently without Engines or avionics.

Comment

• I'm open to correction here but I think long term stored aircraft that are earmarked as being suitable for reactivation are sealed and preserved minus the engines in the open. If the aircraft is reactivated the engines are then refitted. The advert later states

" OUR AIRCRAFT WILL BE DELIVERED WITH A BRAND NEW CARGO FLOOR, A DUAL RAILING CARGO HANDLING SYSTEM AND A COMPLETE BRAND NEW 92 PARATROOP SEAT AND OPERATIONAL PARATROOP SYSTEM. "

This leads me to believe that the aircraft does in fact come with engines since they could not deliver it otherwise, as they state they will. Again I could be completely wrong.

Sorry about the caps, it's copied and pasted straight from their website and I'm feeling lazy today.

Comment

• That is also my understanding with AMARC. Engines come off as standard, they can be swapped to aircraft in service, while that aircraft's engines are down for maintenance. In any event engine preservation when stored requires removal.
        If they are selling it without engines, that is usually listed in the sale.
        For now, everything hangs on implementation of the CoDF report.

Comment

• LOCKHEED MARTIN C-130H, SERIAL NUMBER 4932, HAS RECENTLY COMPLETED ITS PHASE ONE (1) HEAVY PDM AND UPGRADE PROGRAM AT CASCADE AEROSPACE, THE ONLY LOCKHEED MARTIN C-130 SERVICE CENTER IN NORTH AMERICA. IT IS AVAILABLE FOR IMMEDIATE SALE.

PHASE TWO (2) (LAST PHASE) WILL BE THE EXTERIOR PAINTING OF THE AIRCRAFT, THE SELECTION OF THE POWERPLANT AND THE AVIONICS EQUIPMENT, ALL IN ACCORDANCE WITH THE PREFERENCE OF THE
          EVENTUAL BUYER (ULTIMATE END USER)

ALL REQUIRED SPECIAL INSPECTIONS (SP) AND STRUCTURAL INSPECTIONS (ST) HAVE BEEN COMPLETED.

ALL TIME CHANGES AND ON-CONDITION COMPONENTS (ALL REMOVABLE PARTS) HAVE ZERO (0) TIME SINCE OVERHAUL AND/OR ARE FACTORY NEW.

NO MAJOR SCHEDULED INSPECTIONS OR COMPONENT REPLACEMENTS WILL BE REQUIRED FOR THREE (3) YEARS / 2400 FLIGHT HOURS (FH).
          Basically it’s zero houred (as I understand it) but it is minus exterior paint, engines and avionics until specified by final customer

Comment

• There are various mods available that would keep a C130H viable for decades. The RR T56 3.5 has been retrofitted to in-service aircraft. There has been a successful trial of the NP2000 eight bladed prop from the E2 Hawkeye. There is also cockpit upgrade available from Marshalls.

Comment

• This article aims to present and discuss a set of technical matters affecting the maintenance and sustainment cost of military transport…

Interesting short read on the logistics of operating military transport aircraft (In Ireland).

This article aims to present and discuss a set of technical matters affecting the maintenance and sustainment cost of military transport aircraft (airlifters). An overview of the military aviation technical support system is provided, in conjunction with a high level discussion on the life cycle cost. Four technical support pillars are defined as part of this analysis: supply, restoration and upgrade, engineering and regulatory compliance.

Comment

• From Scramble magazine Facebook page:

The COVID-19 pandemic has prompted the Hungarian government to acquire a cargo aircraft in order to have supplies reach Hungary in a timely fashion. The plane will be operated by Wizz Air, which has a partnership with the Hungarian government. Instead of adding the cargo-plane to the military, the government wanted the plane to be operated by an airline as it makes access to other countries easier.

The aircraft involved is Airbus A330-200F c/n 1578 and it was previously operated by Qatar Airways as A7-AFF. It is currently being prepared for delivery at Doha. It is unknown when the plane will be delivered and in what livery.

Photo via Wikimedia Commons.

#avgeek #wizzair #airbus #hungary #qatarairways

Comment

• Originally posted by DeV View Post
                  From Scramble magazine Facebook page:

The COVID-19 pandemic has prompted the Hungarian government to acquire a cargo aircraft in order to have supplies reach Hungary in a timely fashion. The plane will be operated by Wizz Air, which has a partnership with the Hungarian government. Instead of adding the cargo-plane to the military, the government wanted the plane to be operated by an airline as it makes access to other countries easier.

The aircraft involved is Airbus A330-200F c/n 1578 and it was previously operated by Qatar Airways as A7-AFF. It is currently being prepared for delivery at Doha. It is unknown when the plane will be delivered and in what livery.

Photo via Wikimedia Commons.

#avgeek #wizzair #airbus #hungary #qatarairways
                  Not to put too much a damper but Hungary has a slightly different situation, their "national" carrier Malev when out of business in 2012!
                  We still have Aer Fungus with a fleet of long range aircraft that we were able to call upon. Also I could never imagine O'Leary operating anything on behalf of the government unless he got control of DAA as part of the deal.

Comment

• Originally posted by EUFighter View Post
                    Not to put too much a damper but Hungary has a slightly different situation, their "national" carrier Malev when out of business in 2012!
                    We still have Aer Fungus with a fleet of long range aircraft that we were able to call upon. Also I could never imagine O'Leary operating anything on behalf of the government unless he got control of DAA as part of the deal.
                    I know Aer Lingus have done flights to China this year, but does the Irish Govt have any legal/commercial authority over Aer Lingus?
                    'He died who loved to live,' they'll say,
                    'Unselfishly so we might have today!'
                    Like hell! He fought because he had to fight;
                    He died that's all. It was his unlucky night.
                    http://www.salamanderoasis.org/poems...nnis/luck.html

Comment

• Originally posted by Flamingo View Post
                      I know Aer Lingus have done flights to China this year, but does the Irish Govt have any legal/commercial authority over Aer Lingus?
                      IAG bought the Government 25% share in 2015. IAG are based in Spain. Aer Fungus however still has it's head office in Dublin Airport.

Comment

• Originally posted by Flamingo View Post
                        It has no authority but like most other nations the Irish Government has supported Air Fungus and utilized the free capacity to fill an urgent need.
                        The current situation especially with the long haul market has allowed this to happen, this is not to say that a future emergency need could be satisfied.. Hungary does not have a local long haul airline and so must find an alternative. There is still a need for the State to have an independent strategic transport capacity.

Comment

• I was just saying it as an option

With the current state of the airline industry, an airline might pay us to ask them to do it

Comment

• Hungary becomes the first nation to join the German A400M Multinational Air Transport Unit which will utilise the extra A400M aircraft that Germany is committed to buying. It would be an option for us to join, similar to the NATO sharing of C-17s in which Sweden & Finland have a stake.

https://www.bundeswehr.de/bw-de/orga...rojekt-2463638

Comment

• Aer Lingus just sent an A321-211 delivered in 1999 into storage in Spain. Would it be of any use wearing the Air Corps Roundel?

Comment

• Originally posted by na grohmiti View Post
                                Aer Lingus just sent an A321-211 delivered in 1999 into storage in Spain. Would it be of any use wearing the Air Corps Roundel?
                                Send it first to Dresden, have it fitted with a cargo door and while it is there have them paint the roundel. Buy some palletise seating and you have a good multi-role transporter.

Comment

Working...
                                X