Thanks Thanks:  41
Likes Likes:  79
Dislikes Dislikes:  1

View Poll Results: What type of transport aircraft does the Air Corps need?

Voters
29. You may not vote on this poll
  • Military transport aircraft such as C130J/A400M

23 79.31%
  • Civilian airliner capable of carrying freight

6 20.69%
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456
    Recruit
    Post Thanks / Like
    I'm open to correction here but I think long term stored aircraft that are earmarked as being suitable for reactivation are sealed and preserved minus the engines in the open. If the aircraft is reactivated the engines are then refitted. The advert later states

" OUR AIRCRAFT WILL BE DELIVERED WITH A BRAND NEW CARGO FLOOR, A DUAL RAILING CARGO HANDLING SYSTEM AND A COMPLETE BRAND NEW 92 PARATROOP SEAT AND OPERATIONAL PARATROOP SYSTEM. "

This leads me to believe that the aircraft does in fact come with engines since they could not deliver it otherwise, as they state they will. Again I could be completely wrong.

Sorry about the caps, it's copied and pasted straight from their website and I'm feeling lazy today.

Commander in Chief
    Post Thanks / Like
    That is also my understanding with AMARC. Engines come off as standard, they can be swapped to aircraft in service, while that aircraft's engines are down for maintenance. In any event engine preservation when stored requires removal.
    If they are selling it without engines, that is usually listed in the sale.
    German 1: Private Schnutz, I have bad news for you.
    German 2: Private? I am a general!
    German 1: That is the bad news.

Post Thanks / Like
    LOCKHEED MARTIN C-130H, SERIAL NUMBER 4932, HAS RECENTLY COMPLETED ITS PHASE ONE (1) HEAVY PDM AND UPGRADE PROGRAM AT CASCADE AEROSPACE, THE ONLY LOCKHEED MARTIN C-130 SERVICE CENTER IN NORTH AMERICA. IT IS AVAILABLE FOR IMMEDIATE SALE.

PHASE TWO (2) (LAST PHASE) WILL BE THE EXTERIOR PAINTING OF THE AIRCRAFT, THE SELECTION OF THE POWERPLANT AND THE AVIONICS EQUIPMENT, ALL IN ACCORDANCE WITH THE PREFERENCE OF THE
    EVENTUAL BUYER (ULTIMATE END USER)

ALL REQUIRED SPECIAL INSPECTIONS (SP) AND STRUCTURAL INSPECTIONS (ST) HAVE BEEN COMPLETED.

ALL TIME CHANGES AND ON-CONDITION COMPONENTS (ALL REMOVABLE PARTS) HAVE ZERO (0) TIME SINCE OVERHAUL AND/OR ARE FACTORY NEW.

NO MAJOR SCHEDULED INSPECTIONS OR COMPONENT REPLACEMENTS WILL BE REQUIRED FOR THREE (3) YEARS / 2400 FLIGHT HOURS (FH).
    Basically it’s zero houred (as I understand it) but it is minus exterior paint, engines and avionics until specified by final customer

4. Thanks na grohmiti, pilatus thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    There are various mods available that would keep a C130H viable for decades. The RR T56 3.5 has been retrofitted to in-service aircraft. There has been a successful trial of the NP2000 eight bladed prop from the E2 Hawkeye. There is also cockpit upgrade available from Marshalls.

Thread Information