Thanks Thanks:  7
Likes Likes:  9
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Post Thanks / Like

Did UK Special Forces execute unarmed civilians?

https://www.bbc.com/news/uk-53597137

Some will cry outrage, others will say that it is sensationalist journalism.
    When a war is going on, I imagine that mistakes will always be made.
    The bit about 9 kills and only 3 weapons recovered does make me think that lines may have been crossed here though.
    Si Vis Pacem, Para Bellum

Commander in Chief
    Post Thanks / Like
    Not like the beeb to do sensationalism.
    Have they not learned from experience here that these incidents are propaganda gold for the enemy?
    German 1: Private Schnutz, I have bad news for you.
    German 2: Private? I am a general!
    German 1: That is the bad news.

3. Likes ias, hptmurphy liked this post
    CQMS
    Post Thanks / Like
    This seems to be part of a trend. Same thing has been happening in Australia. The ABC has recently been pushing hard to expose war crimes allegedly committed by the country's most decorated living soldier.

Allegations of this nature are usually extremely difficult to prove beyond reasonable doubt; of late, though, the justice systems in Western countries have become politicised, so that doesn't necessarily matter any more.

CQMS
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by FCA Trooper View Post
    This seems to be part of a trend. Same thing has been happening in Australia. The ABC has recently been pushing hard to expose war crimes allegedly committed by the country's most decorated living soldier.

Allegations of this nature are usually extremely difficult to prove beyond reasonable doubt; of late, though, the justice systems in Western countries have become politicised, so that doesn't necessarily matter any more.
    Bit of an underselling there, Ben Roberts Smith in under investigation for being involved in 7 unlawful executions some of which were reported by other SASR members.
    And he isn't the only one...remember kids, if you're going to execute someone don't have your helmet cam running while you do it.

CQMS
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Rocinante View Post
    Bit of an underselling there, Ben Roberts Smith in under investigation for being involved in 7 unlawful executions some of which were reported by other SASR members.
    And he isn't the only one...remember kids, if you're going to execute someone don't have your helmet cam running while you do it.
    LOL, they have taken command of SOCOMD away from the usual SASR officer and the next guy will be a Commando for the first time....I'm sure that'll go down well in Swanbourne..

Also the gov there is already warning people the investigation report that's going to be released soon is very very bad....

CQMS
    Post Thanks / Like
    Well looks like the issues with the Australian SF go across both the big two units....2nd Commando is in it now, even US troops and the DEA have leveled allegations against them...

Including summary executions...

https://www.abc.net.au/news/2020-10-...arine/12782756

8. Thanks DeV, sofa thanked for this post
    CQMS
    Post Thanks / Like
    https://www.theage.com.au/national/b...27-p5692v.html

Well guys are going to go down for a long stretch...I wonder will they let Ben Roberts-Smith keep his VC on the inside?

Now let's see what happens with JSOC and the 22nd SAS....they were worse again.

Brigadier General
    Post Thanks / Like
    Seems to me they are a bunch of amateurs thinking this is what you do when you want to appear "ard".

Commander in Chief
    Post Thanks / Like
    The unit should be disbanded. It has sullied the good name and heritage the unit once had.
    German 1: Private Schnutz, I have bad news for you.
    German 2: Private? I am a general!
    German 1: That is the bad news.

CQMS
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by na grohmiti View Post
    The unit should be disbanded. It has sullied the good name and heritage the unit once had.
    I know it'll never happen , but there is a SQN in Delta force that should be looked into. They had a competition for kills called "reindeer games" where the leader would get a reindeer hat...one of them (a quite well known former operator) who "retired" in reality had a psychotic breakdown in Iraq over it .

A SQN in Devgru had custom hatchets made and they were encouraged to use them....

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Rocinante View Post
    I know it'll never happen , but there is a SQN in Delta force that should be looked into. They had a competition for kills called "reindeer games" where the leader would get a reindeer hat...one of them (a quite well known former operator) who "retired" in reality had a psychotic breakdown in Iraq over it .

A SQN in Devgru had custom hatchets made and they were encouraged to use them....
    Hatchets or tomahawks?

CQMS
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Auldsod View Post
    Hatchets or tomahawks?
    The guy who custom made them, Dan Winkler calls them an axe. I think we could say, inspired by a tomahawk.
    Last edited by Rocinante; 29th October 2020 at 06:31.

CQMS
    Post Thanks / Like
    The Aussies CDF had a speech, some of the bullet points.

They are striking the entirety of 2 Sqn from the order of battle....another Sqn to be eventually raised but 2 to be permanently disbanded as a reminder of what happened.

39 afghans "murdered" outside of contacts.....

Awards to be reconsidered even revoked including the VC....

25 men some still serving responsible for the substantiated killings...

Everyone from the OC down held responsible for the culture and allowing it to happen.

2 Commando also responsible for somethings but not at the scale or as widespread as the SASR...not exonerated though

Unit citations for SOTG to be revoked.

16. Thanks DeV, na grohmiti, Herald, Flamingo thanked for this post
    Likes sofa liked this post
    CQMS
    Post Thanks / Like
    The first 10 SASR soldiers have received termination notices from the ADF...they have 2 weeks to appeal. These are not the same guys accused of the unlawful killings etc.

https://www.theguardian.com/australi...-crimes-report

18. Thanks DeV thanked for this post
    Likes DeV liked this post

Thread Information