A Familiar Face Across The Small Pond

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A Familiar Face Across The Small Pond

Well I remember reading about this individual signing up, and thought it was a windup at the time, but no, here is an interview with said same personality
    Open the link below and click on the Oct-Dec 2018 button to down three issues in one PDF document
    Then go to Page 224 of the PDF document...

"Well, stone me! We've had cocaine, bribery and Arsenal scoring two goals at home. But just when you thought there were truly no surprises left in football, Vinnie Jones turns out to be an international player!" (Jimmy Greaves)!"

Good for him. Couldn't see us taking someone as old as him.
    For now, everything hangs on implementation of the CoDF report.

Comment

Originally posted by Truck Driver View Post
      Well I remember reading about this individual signing up, and thought it was a windup at the time, but no, here is an interview with said same personality
      Open the link below and click on the Oct-Dec 2018 button to down three issues in one PDF document
      Then go to Page 224 of the PDF document...

https://www.army.mod.uk/news-and-eve...18%2F09%2F2020
      They had him on the instagram story for the British Army a few months back. A piece promoting both the AR and army boxing.

Comment

Originally posted by na grohmiti View Post
        Good for him. Couldn't see us taking someone as old as him.
        If he had joined the RDF at the time he joined the BA AR he was 4 years beyond retirement age

Other ranks joining RDF after 1/10/05 retire at 50 (60 if joined before that)

Edited it was 2005 not 2015
        Last edited by DeV; 18 September 2020, 23:24.

Comment

Any opinions on the move down to 50? It seems to be a double-edged sword to me.

If the RDF was recruiting to capacity and retaining members, it would keep the age profile down and maintain the regular opening of senior NCO and officer roles

However, it does dissuade those in their 30s plus joining even if they are motivated as they will only get a well shortened reserve career. Max fifteen years if you join just before your 35th birthday.

Comment

Originally posted by Auldsod View Post
            Any opinions on the move down to 50? It seems to be a double-edged sword to me.

If the RDF was recruiting to capacity and retaining members, it would keep the age profile down and maintain the regular opening of senior NCO and officer roles

However, it does dissuade those in their 30s plus joining even if they are motivated as they will only get a well shortened reserve career. Max fifteen years if you join just before your 35th birthday.
            Edited my post it was 2005 not 2015

Imho zero effect, most people who join do so between 18 and 21 although that appears to have increased to maybe 25
            Most service 2 years although again that seems to have increased as well to maybe 4 years

Comment

My own opinion - a lot of merit to the Brit approach for AR recruitment with regard to upper age limits

Not everyone has to be a super fit, young, run around the hills merchant

The increased upper age limits for certain British AR appointments reflects this

For instance, if you were a squaddie acting the b****cks on a night out, 50 odd years old and all, would YOU want to fk about with Steve Collins if he arrived with an MP patrol???
              "Well, stone me! We've had cocaine, bribery and Arsenal scoring two goals at home. But just when you thought there were truly no surprises left in football, Vinnie Jones turns out to be an international player!" (Jimmy Greaves)!"

Comment

Working...
              X