LE Niamh

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by A/TEL View Post
    Not until P51 is back fully operational.

P 52 is at Rushbrooke Dock alongside. Got there under power so connections between power and props Ok. Maybe cleanup dry out and a lick of paint.

Comment

Originally posted by ancientmariner View Post
      P 52 is at Rushbrooke Dock alongside. Got there under power so connections between power and props Ok. Maybe cleanup dry out and a lick of paint.
      She was there when the fire broke out, she hasn't moved from the site since.

Comment

Not as easy as a quick cleanup.

Survey of damaged areas will have to be carried out, preceded by an investigation.

Following that repairs to be carried out.

I would hazard a guess that will take 4 - 6 weeks minimum.

Comment

Originally posted by Sparky42 View Post
          She was there when the fire broke out, she hasn't moved from the site since.
          you are right. Confused initially by referring to a fire on the ship in Cobh. Interesting if she was in Dockyard hands, or was she just moored there to allow contracted third parties to repair specific systems. Who is in charge of detailing work and Health and safety?

Comment

The papers reported that the quick actions by the Duty Watch in first aid firefighting probably saved the ship. I hope they are recognized publicly by NSHQ & DFHQ for their brave actions.

In foreign forces they would be awarded medals!

Comment

People in the NS have got medals before for fighting fires aboard Naval Vessels.
              For now, everything hangs on implementation of the CoDF report.

Comment

Originally posted by na grohmiti View Post
                People in the NS have got medals before for fighting fires aboard Naval Vessels.
                Well I think I deserve one for all the " fire in the galley exercises" I had to endure , and by the way the burnt thingy thing on the plate was some Cajun style blackened chicken or as we in the trade sometimes call it a "UFO" Unidentified Fried Object
                Don't spit in my Bouillabaisse .

Comment

Originally posted by na grohmiti View Post
                  Part of the Duty of the Court of Enquiry is to include in Findings whether anyone should be commended or receive an award.

Comment

Part of the Duty of the Court of Enquiry is to include in Findings whether anyone should be commended or receive an award.
                    Or were negligent.

Comment

Current state of L.E. Niamh, in the middle of Service Life Extension Program. Sad to see. From Facebook
                      For now, everything hangs on implementation of the CoDF report.

Comment

For anyone in the Cardiff area LÉ Róisín (battleship!!!!) will be open to the public tomorrow, will give an idea of what the Niamh should look like when her refit is completed.

Comment

Working...
                        X