Pearl Harbour Minute by Minute on YouTube

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pearl Harbour Minute by Minute on YouTube

Has anyone else seen this (10x30 minute episodes) about the Pearl Harbour attack? It's fantastic, a real tour-de-force by the World War Two chanel. If you're looking for something to fill in the time during the Xmas Break, I can't recommend this highly enough.

'He died who loved to live,' they'll say,
    'Unselfishly so we might have today!'
    Like hell! He fought because he had to fight;
    He died that's all. It was his unlucky night.
    http://www.salamanderoasis.org/poems...nnis/luck.html

Was watching a YouTube series recently about the salvage operation after the raid. Very interesting from a logistics point of view. Basically while the Japanese sunk numerous ships, the fuel tanks and graving doxks were left mostly undamaged.
    The ships that were damaged but had intact hulls were rushed to the US west coast to be repaired, allowing salvage of the sunken ships to continue in a less cluttered space.
    I'll dig it up later.
    For now, everything hangs on implementation of the CoDF report.

Comment

Throw on the kettle there.
      For now, everything hangs on implementation of the CoDF report.

Comment

saw them.fantastic detail. I ordered a book from one of the salvage bosses from having watched that series.

Comment

Originally posted by na grohmiti View Post
          Was watching a YouTube series recently about the salvage operation after the raid. Very interesting from a logistics point of view. Basically while the Japanese sunk numerous ships, the fuel tanks and graving doxks were left mostly undamaged.
          The ships that were damaged but had intact hulls were rushed to the US west coast to be repaired, allowing salvage of the sunken ships to continue in a less cluttered space.
          I'll dig it up later.
          Thanks, I should have linked to that as well. Facinating stuff...
          'He died who loved to live,' they'll say,
          'Unselfishly so we might have today!'
          Like hell! He fought because he had to fight;
          He died that's all. It was his unlucky night.
          http://www.salamanderoasis.org/poems...nnis/luck.html

Comment

Working...
          X