• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Grenadier Guards have their first female guardsman

Yeeek the fking ties forgot how silly that all was

took them long enough
    "Are they trying to shoot down the other drone? "

"No, they're trying to fly the tank"

When you consider how long it has been since the Household Cavalry and RHA had "fems" both in ceremonial and frontline service.
    They really batter their new entrants with heritage and tradition from the start.
    For now, everything hangs on implementation of the CoDF report.

Comment

yep, entering a "proper" regiment means seperating them from the chavs and oiks that make up regular, unwashed regiments.

Comment

Fems was something one would only see in the Fish an Chip regiments.

Comment

I pity her.

Comment

Originally posted by na grohmiti View Post
            I pity her.
            She’s going to need a bigger pair than most of the guys...
            'He died who loved to live,' they'll say,
            'Unselfishly so we might have today!'
            Like hell! He fought because he had to fight;
            He died that's all. It was his unlucky night.
            http://www.salamanderoasis.org/poems...nnis/luck.html

Comment

What I want to know is, why has the WO1 got his swagger stick tucked under his right oxter? Need the right arm/hand for saluting. Also need it for HOLDING same stick when pointing out dress faults on parade...
              "Well, stone me! We've had cocaine, bribery and Arsenal scoring two goals at home. But just when you thought there were truly no surprises left in football, Vinnie Jones turns out to be an international player!" (Jimmy Greaves)!"

Comment

This appears to be a swearing-in ceremony, maybe that's why.

Comment

It's a mini indoor flag ,bring it to an upright position to perform a salute, hence the reason for it being in his right hand .
                  Last edited by Laners; 18 December 2020, 05:26.
                  Don't spit in my Bouillabaisse .

Comment

Originally posted by Truck Driver View Post
                    What I want to know is, why has the WO1 got his swagger stick tucked under his right oxter? Need the right arm/hand for saluting. Also need it for HOLDING same stick when pointing out dress faults on parade...
                    Do you really want to argue Drill with a Grenadier Guards WO?
                    'He died who loved to live,' they'll say,
                    'Unselfishly so we might have today!'
                    Like hell! He fought because he had to fight;
                    He died that's all. It was his unlucky night.
                    http://www.salamanderoasis.org/poems...nnis/luck.html

Comment

I've sworn a ton of people in without any flags being dipped is it the tie he's saluting or what .

how do you know he's a wo what am I missing also why is the major wearing para wings do they do that on the wooly pully .
                      "Are they trying to shoot down the other drone? "

"No, they're trying to fly the tank"

Comment

Originally posted by trellheim View Post
                        I've sworn a ton of people in without any flags being dipped is it the tie he's saluting or what .

how do you know he's a wo what am I missing also why is the major wearing para wings do they do that on the wooly pully .
                        3 Para have a Guards parachute platoon, it's members having completed P Company. His beret is Guards though.

Comment

Originally posted by na grohmiti View Post
                          3 Para have a Guards parachute platoon, it's members having completed P Company. His beret is Guards though.
                          The para wings can be worn in perpetuity once earned and if you've served in an airborne unit (which guards para platoon obviously is). The maroon headress is only worn when actually serving with the unit however. The soldier reverts back to the beret of their home unit when they return to their regiment. Makes sense here as the major is dealing with recruits (and there wouldn't be a role for guards major in 3 para anyway).

Comment

Originally posted by Auldsod View Post
                            The para wings can be worn in perpetuity once earned and if you've served in an airborne unit (which guards para platoon obviously is). The maroon headress is only worn when actually serving with the unit however.
                            Para beret for everyone who serves in the Parachute Battalion, they don't necessarily have to be para-qualified.

Comment

Originally posted by trellheim View Post

Educated guess, as he's holding said stick and standing in the background
                              "Well, stone me! We've had cocaine, bribery and Arsenal scoring two goals at home. But just when you thought there were truly no surprises left in football, Vinnie Jones turns out to be an international player!" (Jimmy Greaves)!"

Comment

Working...
                              X