Commission on the Defence Forces - Reserve Discussion

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Sluggie View Post

Every Unit and Sub Unit in the RDF (about 50) had an election in the past few months. All RDFRA members received an email notifying them of the election time and date. This was also published on social media. Scroll back through the RDFRA Twitter feed and you will see the notices.

Formation committee elections took place in the past three weeks and the National conference is on May 22nd.

There are no two members of the current NEC that come from the same unit.
    My bad. Not NEC. Formation,

Point still stands though. No district AGM. No direction on motions to conference from the membership.No input into submission to CODF.
    Total bullshit and NOT the way a Representative Association is meant to be ran.Not my words. Words of the members.

"Let us be clear about three facts. First, all battles and all wars are won in the end by the infantryman. Secondly, the infantryman always bears the brunt. His casualties are heavier, he suffers greater extremes of discomfort and fatigue than the other arms. Thirdly, the art of the infantryman is less stereotyped and far harder to acquire in modern war than that of any other arm." ------- Field Marshall Wavell, April 1945.

Comment

Every Unit and Sub Unit in the RDF (about 50) had an election in the past few months. All RDFRA members received an email notifying them of the election time and date. This was also published on social media. Scroll back through the RDFRA Twitter feed and you will see the notices.

Formation committee elections took place in the past three weeks and the National conference is on May 22nd.

There are no two members of the current NEC that come from the same unit.
      Now that's interesting. Nothing where I am.

Comment

• Originally posted by Auldsod View Post

Now that's interesting. Nothing where I am.
        My locality advertised unit and formation elections for sure
        "Well, stone me! We've had cocaine, bribery and Arsenal scoring two goals at home. But just when you thought there were truly no surprises left in football, Vinnie Jones turns out to be an international player!" (Jimmy Greaves)!"

Comment

• May just have to ask. May not have happened yet? There were a number of sub unit elections on twitter but definitely not 50?

Comment

• Originally posted by Auldsod View Post
            May just have to ask. May not have happened yet? There were a number of sub unit elections on twitter but definitely not 50?
            Sorry, to clarify, some of the elections were under way before covid and took place in person at locations around the country. There was then a gap before the remaining elections were organised over zoom. All units held an election but you may have to scroll right back to see the initial ones.

Comment

Sorry, to clarify, some of the elections were under way before covid and took place in person at locations around the country. There was then a gap before the remaining elections were organised over zoom. All units held an election but you may have to scroll right back to see the initial ones.
              Ah, that makes sense. Mine took place pre covid. I was confused as to whether there should have been another for 2021. All good then so.

Comment

• Every Unit and Sub Unit in the RDF (about 50) had an election in the past few months -> Not true.

All RDFRA members received an email notifying them of the election time and date. -> No they didnt. ( I didn't and neither did any of the founder member officers I asked )

Formation committee elections took place in the past three weeks and the National conference is on May 22nd.. -> That may or may not be true but its definitely not representative.

APOD's point above is very valid and we're in Units a long way from each other - lets have a look at attendance at a few of those names in the pre-COVID... seriously lads who are yez kidding

no polling for motions for NEC
                no input to CODF - with almost 12 months warning to poll the members
                "Are they trying to shoot down the other drone? "

"No, they're trying to fly the tank"

Comment

• Do you follow RDFRA on social media? Are you on the mailing list and is your unit correct? A quick like and email solves that

I attended my units online AGM (not great attendance) a while back, the election took place (including new faces being elected). The Formation committee subsequently met online and they did their thing. There was a subsequent meeting with the GOC and at least 1 item on the agenda was actioned immediately by the GOC.

Not 100% about motions for conference, are they at that stage yet (ref submissions)?

Was the CODF submission representative of my views ? Absolutely not and fundamentally disagree with a lot of it !
                  was it representative of many peoples views ???? Possibly a case of trying to be all things to all people?

Comment

• I am pointing out inaccuracies in the statements made.
                    RDFRA is not representative as it stands at the moment. This has not been the case in the past. The submission to CODF is at best risible and at worst damages further how the PDF see parts of the RDF.
                    "Are they trying to shoot down the other drone? "

"No, they're trying to fly the tank"

Comment

• ICTU don’t want a separate DF pay body

Comment

Working...
                      X