X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Beretta M9's?

Comment

• isn't the designation "M9" a purely US military one? :confused:
      Dr. Venture: Why is it every time I need to get somewhere, we get waylaid by jackassery?

Dr. Venture: Dean, you smell like a whore

Comment

• why yes it would be.
        The trick to pet names is a combination of affectionate nouns. Honeybun. Sugarpie. Kittentits.

Comment

• Ok it's been awhile anyone know has thre been any progress on the pistol tender??
          "Let us be clear about three facts. First, all battles and all wars are won in the end by the infantryman. Secondly, the infantryman always bears the brunt. His casualties are heavier, he suffers greater extremes of discomfort and fatigue than the other arms. Thirdly, the art of the infantryman is less stereotyped and far harder to acquire in modern war than that of any other arm." ------- Field Marshall Wavell, April 1945.

Comment

• The pistol has been chosen as far as I know. Not sure which one but the rumour mill says the sig. Apparently there was a article in the examiner saying the same but I never saw it.
            I saw Elvis. He sat between me and bigfoot on the UFO.

Comment

• With regard to the 3 P's, the Glock 17 should win.

The Sig however seems to be tried and tested and if the price is right it's going to be the one.
              As for accuracy, presumably the missile carries MRVs with terminal phase sensors and guidance.

Comment

• There may be a shock in store here....but we will find out soon enough no matter what
                What are you cackling at, fatty? Too much pie, that's your problem.

Comment

• Friend of mine just got his brand new sig. I must see what he thinks. Might be biased though
                  Trouble, Trouble, I tried to chase trouble but its chasing me.
                  Trouble, trouble, trouble with a capitol T
                  do do do do do do do da do do do. etc etc......

Comment

• I've heard from someone in industry that it's down to Glock, FN, HK & Walther.
                    "The dolphins were monkeys that didn't like the land, walked back to the water, went back from the sand."

Comment

• Surely a decision has been made now?

Catch-22 says they have a right to do anything we can't stop them from doing.

Comment

• Gotta be the SIG!

Comment

• I was told that SIG were ruled out early on in the competition on cost grounds.
                          "The dolphins were monkeys that didn't like the land, walked back to the water, went back from the sand."

Comment

• Contrary to earlier reports, I'm led to believe a decision is some way off.

Comment

• Originally posted by happenin
                              Friend of mine just got his brand new sig. I must see what he thinks. Might be biased though
                              I don't know anyone who thinks that SIGs are not top-rate combat pistols. (As opposed to competition-grade pistols such as Kimber, which are better, but stupidly expensive).

The Classic range is the one in common service in various militaries, with a steel frame and slide. They are, however, also a fair bit more expensive than most of their competitors, such as Glock.

To counter that, they also produce the SIGPro series (One example of which I am the proud owner of). These have polymer frames, and as such are lighter and less expensive. On the downside, none of the polymer SIGs are full-sized pistols, my P2340 has about a 4" barrel, for example.

NTM
                              Driver, tracks, troops.... Drive and adjust!!

Comment

• Rumour I heard last time i was in the Curragh that it was definitly going to be the Glock17 but like most things it probly better to wait and hear for definite instead of just speculating.
                                British officer: You're seven minutes late, Mr. Collins.
                                Michael Collins: You've kept us waiting 700 years. You can have your seven minutes.

[As the British flag comes down]

Michael Collins: So that's what all the bother was about.

Comment

Working...
                                X