No announcement yet.

Lest We Forget.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Members of the Aviaition Community,Emergency Services and Passengers Worldwide were rememebered yesterday at specical commerative mass in Dublin Airport with special attendance by members of DFB,Airport Police/Fire & Resecue aswell as large representive body of Dublin Airport Authority aswell as Aer Lingus and SR Tecknic, And his Excellence the US Ambassador.

God Bless All Those Who Perished And There Familes And Freinds On That faithful Day Five Years Ago.
    Last edited by The Blue Max; 11 September 2006, 17:43.
    British officer: You're seven minutes late, Mr. Collins.
    Michael Collins: You've kept us waiting 700 years. You can have your seven minutes.

[As the British flag comes down]

Michael Collins: So that's what all the bother was about.

Comment

RIP . 5 years ago today.
      "Are they trying to shoot down the other drone? "

"No, they're trying to fly the tank"

Comment

5 years on and little has changed.
        May the innocent rest in peace.
        Last edited by FMolloy; 11 September 2006, 10:49.
        "We will hold out until our last bullet is spent. Could do with some whiskey"
        Radio transmission, siege of Jadotville DR Congo. September 1961.
        Illegitimi non carborundum

Comment

R. I. P.
          Last edited by Barry; 11 September 2006, 15:20.
          The school of artillery told us it couldn't be done...
          They were wrong.

Comment

Rip

Comment

Last edited by FMolloy; 16 September 2007, 12:54.

Comment

Can scarcely believe it's 6 years ago today.

And that was a Tuesday aswell, so well I remember it. Everyone no doubt will
                probably remember what they were doing at the time of these atrocities.

Requiscat In Pace
                Last edited by FMolloy; 16 September 2007, 12:54.
                "Well, stone me! We've had cocaine, bribery and Arsenal scoring two goals at home. But just when you thought there were truly no surprises left in football, Vinnie Jones turns out to be an international player!" (Jimmy Greaves)!"

Comment

9 11

Comment

Maybe its inappropriate to say, but the real tragedy is that the Thousands of lives lost in this horrible tragedy, have for the most part been forgotten, as the date is now considered a mere marker for the beginning of the "War on terror", and worse, a cause for thousands of nutjobs to base their wacky "conspiracy theories" on.

But to me it is still hard to imagine how thousands of lives just ceased to exist over a 2 hour period. Its impossible to grasp the enormity of the tragedy. Hours before they went about their lives as normal, went to work in their ordinary job as normal, same as all of us do. I'm sure we all watched the surreal images over and over again of either tower collapsing, but even now it is impossible to understand that as the buildings collapse, you are watching thousands of lives ending. I don't think there was a mass murder televised in such a way before.

Rest in Peace all of them.

Catch-22 says they have a right to do anything we can't stop them from doing.

Comment

Originally posted by Goldie fish View Post
                      Maybe its inappropriate to say, but the real tragedy is that the Thousands of lives lost in this horrible tragedy, have for the most part been forgotten, as the date is now considered a mere marker for the beginning of the "War on terror", and worse, a cause for thousands of nutjobs to base their wacky "conspiracy theories" on.

But to me it is still hard to imagine how thousands of lives just ceased to exist over a 2 hour period. Its impossible to grasp the enormity of the tragedy. Hours before they went about their lives as normal, went to work in their ordinary job as normal, same as all of us do. I'm sure we all watched the surreal images over and over again of either tower collapsing, but even now it is impossible to understand that as the buildings collapse, you are watching thousands of lives ending. I don't think there was a mass murder televised in such a way before.

Rest in Peace all of them.
                      Great post.

Rest in peace to all that died on that day and to those that have died since in the War on Terror.

Comment

Rest in Peace to all the innocent people who died just going about their daily lives and trying to earn a living.
                        Last edited by johnny no stars; 11 September 2008, 21:27.
                        Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able? Then he is not omnipotent.
                        Is he able, but not willing? Then he is malevolent.
                        Is he both able and willing? Then whence cometh evil?
                        Is he neither able nor willing? Then why call him God?

Comment

Amen
                          Meh.

Comment

Rest in Peace

Comment

rest in peace
                              courage, endurance, mateship and sacrifice

Comment

Amen

Comment

Working...