Jimmy Lawless RIP

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Jimmy Lawless RIP

After a 5 year battle with illness Ex Sgt Major Jimmy Lawless 7th Bn has passed away, His funeral will take place on Monday 15th after 10 o:c mass in Coolock to Fingal cemetery Balgriffin, I had the honour of serving for over 30 yrs with Jimmy First as an equal, Then as my superior but above all as a friend . The turn out at his removal last evening was testament to the esteem Jimmy was held in both the RDF and PDF and indeed the wider community May he rest in peace
    Last edited by FMolloy; 17 May 2007, 00:46.
    it will be long, it will be hard, and there will be no withdrawl
    Winston churchill

Rip
    If your not in bed by 4 o' clock it's time to go home!

Comment

Rest In Peace

Comment

May he rest in peace. Was looking through back issues of An Cosantoir the other day
        and saw a picture of the same man's stand-down parade, only 7 years ago. A
        tragedy...
        "Well, stone me! We've had cocaine, bribery and Arsenal scoring two goals at home. But just when you thought there were truly no surprises left in football, Vinnie Jones turns out to be an international player!" (Jimmy Greaves)!"

Comment

This is sad. I thought he was one of the best C/S's that I've ever seen and definitely the best SM - he had a good presence on the square and looked and sounded the part. I actually use him as a guage for all those in similar leadership positions in the US - so far only one has come close.

God Speed SM Lawless.
          There may be only one time in your life when your country will call upon you and you will be the only one who can do the nasty job that has to be done -- do it or forever after there will be the taste of ashes in your mouth.

Comment

Working...
          X