thinking of a transfer.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• thinking of a transfer.

can anyone tell me what the slua units in cork are like?what are they up to these days.Just completing my diploma in marine engineering in cit and will be taking up my position at sea very shortly.just a thought....maybe the wavy navy might be more in line with my career than th ad regt
    Pussyand Gunsmoke.......live by one, die by the other, and love the smell of both in the morning!!

AH!!!!! Don't leave us....... The AD (or just me) would miss you too much. (some others might be delighted )
    I don't believe in love - just friendship + sex

Comment

seriously earhart,getting savage browned off with the chiefs in our place and i could further myself better in the slua maybe.....
      Pussyand Gunsmoke.......live by one, die by the other, and love the smell of both in the morning!!

Comment

Soundest bunch of lads you'll ever meet ( and lassies),
        you'll get to do your marine firefighting course, you'll need that in the merchant marine. Going on patrol might be a bit of a busmans holiday though.

Also double pay, i.e. a leading hand (Cpl) with line pay and seagoing allowance gets about E800 per week, on top of a bond on board, it's cheaper than the mess!!!

If your lucky enough to get out on the Eithne you might get a look at he 76's fire control system, it can hit an aircraft at mach 1.8 at a range of 2 miles (or so it says on the tin).

Could not reccomend the Cork NSR any higher, big shout out to all of them.
        No Beast so fell that knows no pity,
        No Beast am I, For I know no pity...

Comment

does any body have any pictures of the Eithne with her new 76mm....how did they convert the ammunition hoists from the magazine....is the DAO 5 fire control system gone can the new weapon be operated from the TDS on the bridge or is it fired solely from the ops room c'mon don't keep us in the dark...what is happening to the old 57mm....is it going to be mounted on the square along with the twelve pounder and the four inch.....?
          Covid 19 is not over ....it's still very real..Hand Hygiene, Social Distancing and Masks.. keep safe

Comment

Did someone here not see the Eithne with her 57mm intact recently?
            "The dolphins were monkeys that didn't like the land, walked back to the water, went back from the sand."

Comment

ill have a look out my window later and tell you.i live in cobh btw!
              also have 6 months sea time on vlcc's,cpsc course and fire fighting crs done

Comment

It still has a 57mm. They took the 57mm out,fecked around downstairs,and put it back on again. I believe it now has a similar c&c setup to Niamh and Roisin...but what would I know..
                Recent photo(jan/feb follows soon)

Catch-22 says they have a right to do anything we can't stop them from doing.

Comment

so why is vice admiral telling us that she has recieved the 76mm OTO Melara as her primary weapon or amI misreading his posts?
                  Covid 19 is not over ....it's still very real..Hand Hygiene, Social Distancing and Masks.. keep safe

Comment

As promised here u Go.

A Point to the one considering transferring. I tried the same thing recently,with only a 1 day sea survival,1 day firefighting and powerboat class1, 4 months seatime as a deckie and was told I was over qualified. Then again,my rank and age may have caused a problem also.
                    The Cork lads are A1 though all of them,all ranks. One frequents here occasionally,but I think he is currently in hiding. Not once did I get any snide remarks about "sandbags" or "groundpounder" but instead was welcomed as one of the lads,which is more than can be said for some Army reserve units.
                    I was extremely dissapointed to be unable to transfer to them...:(
                    Here they are by the way on paddys day.
                    Attached Files
                    Last edited by Goldie fish; 20 March 2003, 07:49.

Comment

overqualified???????????????????????shit.......... ..do they have much call for engineers or is it only the regs that get to be oily

Comment

Sorry HPT youre not misreading, im mistyping, it always was a 57
                        No Beast so fell that knows no pity,
                        No Beast am I, For I know no pity...

Comment

Common sense at this stage says that they should fit the 76mm to the eithne ..maybe its wishful thinking or maybe you are trying to convey the same message....

I gather that you are NS....what ship? whay division? how long in?

Hey goldie shite photo....what a motley crew slua flash at someones elbow...?

Comment

I claim no credit for the photo..I was with my homies in Limerick that day ,armed with a camcorder (as earhart will tell you) I guess the check parades were short that day?

The Eithne one is mine tho..notice the contrast in style/colour composure?(ie,a bit blurry...the camera was cold,lens slightly fogged up..)

Comment

Goldie that seems like a strange reason for a refusal

Comment

Working...
                              X