No announcement yet.

thinking of a transfer.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

it's not often compliments are passed out around here, so A BIG THANKS goes to you murph, we do try our best in the NSR, yeah the Officers are not a bad bunch

Comment

I was told that although you have to go trough all the basic stuff again you'll keep your current rates of pay for your fca rank. Which is nice

Comment

DFR R.5

(1) The General Officer Commanding the Brigade or the Flag Officer Commanding the Naval Service may reduce a non-commissioned officer to any lower non-commissioned rank-

(2) A non-commissioned officer who applies to be reassigned from one Service Corps of the Army Reserve to another or from the Army Reserve to the Naval Service Reserve and consents to reduction in rank as a condition of such reassignment –

(a) may be reduced by the OIC Records & Data Management to such lower non-commissioned rank, corresponding to a non-commissioned rank in which there is a vacancy in the Establishments, as the OIC Records & Data Management may determine, and

(b) shall, unless they has passed all the qualifying tests laid down for the non-commissioned rank corresponding to his non-commissioned army rank and there is a vacancy in the Establishments in such non-commissioned rank, be reduced –

(i) to the non-commissioned army rank corresponding to a non-commissioned naval rank for which they have passed all the qualifying tests and in which there is a vacancy in the Establishments of Naval Service Reserve;

(ii) if they have not passed the qualifying tests for the rank of Leading Seaman in Naval Service Reserve to the rank of Private.

(3) Where a non-commissioned officer is transferred from one service corps to another at their own request they may be reduced to the next lower non-commissioned army rank by the General Officer Commanding the Brigade.

(4) A non-commissioned officer reduced to the rank of Private or Seaman, otherwise than under subparagraph (2) hereof, shall -

(a) be graded Private Two Star or Seaman Second Class as appropriate if, being in the Technician Class, the appropriate tests passed by they do not entitle them to the higher grade; or

(b) be graded Private Three Star or Seaman First Class in any other case.

(5) Where a non-commissioned officer is transferred from one reserve class to another at their own request they may be reduced to the next lower non-commissioned army rank by the General Officer Commanding the Brigade or the Flag Officer Commanding the Naval Service .

Comment

Actulaly its all bollocks it has been proved in the army and navy...transfer..hold your rank..we'll find you a job......I can quote several instances..one being the editor of An Cosantoir...don't accept anything other than your rank...you have earned it...just need to redirect your training....
          Covid 19 is not over ....it's still very real..Hand Hygiene, Social Distancing and Masks.. keep safe

Comment

Did you have second thoughts about that party when you sobered up Murph?

Comment

nope party still stands like the idea....but then again...who would be bothered turning up....given the socila calender that has been organised for me by the other half...doubt if I could even make it my self...think I'll save up for my 40th birthday party instead...
              Covid 19 is not over ....it's still very real..Hand Hygiene, Social Distancing and Masks.. keep safe

Comment

Murph does that mean if I transfered id go in as an A/S?

Comment

depends on your current rank.....there is usually a probationary period as well

Comment

3 star to A/S. How long about?

Comment

• u can transfer,its difficult and may not even happen.
                      you wii drop a rank.period.
                      if u think u wont,someone is misinforming u,
                      if u manage to transfer without dropping back,someone's pulled some strings
                      and it'll make ur acceptance all that much harder.

all proven facts..........

Comment

• Transfer

Im looking to transfer into the nsr,im holding the rank of Cpl at the mo, anyone know if i get to keep my rank??or do i have to go in as a recuirt??

Comment

• You drop one rank, come in as an Able Seamen. Recommend you do it quickly so you can avail of courses been run in July. These will qualify you for Annual training at Sea and also they are required for further promotion. Where are you from?

Comment

• Why you want to transfer if you don't mind me asking?
                            To close with and kill the enemy in all weather conditions, night and day and over any terrain

Comment

Working...
                            X