Chest Rigs

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Chest Rigs

How do the protac chest rigs in irish dpm compare in quality to arktis one which you cant get in irish dpm
    Everyone who's ever loved you was wrong.

No, they can't be opened and closed with one hand and theres no silencer on the velcro...unless the design has changed in the last year
    Besides unless your an assault pioneer or operating largely out of a vehicle you don't need one.
    Its a bit expensive for just doing guards in the glen.
    "It is a general popular error to imagine that loudest complainers for the public to be the most anxious for it's welfare" Edmund Burke

Comment

They are better than using the 58's which are prehistoric poo.

Comment

Are you still using the 58 webbing.

Comment

I have`nt had a reason to use them yet, but a freind of mine managed to screw up his back using them. mM back is already s**** and i have no intention of making it any worse.

Comment

If you want to buy private kit, get PLCE its cheaper than anything from protac or arktis and it will serve you better more often than a chest rig or assault vest.
            "It is a general popular error to imagine that loudest complainers for the public to be the most anxious for it's welfare" Edmund Burke

Comment

Chest rigs are only suitable to certain operations. I on;ly use mine when I have to spend long times in vehicles as it means I have nothing between my back and the seat. It means I have to have a grab sack to hand to carry all those little home comforts. They are handy for short patrols also...but for guards eyc a second hand set of PLCE does the job nicely. Protacs rig is grossly over priced for what it is...shop around ...even with the sterling difference it may be worth your while importing.

Quantify assault vest versus webbing...Do you need a lot of ammunition capacity ..the you need the assault vest type....do you need minimal ammo storage ....equipment storage.....GPS...fist aid ...googles gloves etc.

As I said certain gear for certain jobs. Before you spend alot of cash...do you really need it or is it for show. Ithought my vest was a bit showy when I bought it but when I started to actually use it I found it was perfect for the task in hand....as did others when they saw how much kit I could have to hand with minimum inconvienence....
              Covid 19 is not over ....it's still very real..Hand Hygiene, Social Distancing and Masks.. keep safe

Comment

Just for your information each unit SHOULD now have 15 sets of PLCE CEMO for use by FCA personnel for use for working with PDF or on courses

Comment

we have the allocated amount but most of it is secondhand and in a poor state of disrepair. hence why most people who are interested in taking the job seriously are buying webbing of their own.As usual the RDF have to make do with the cast offs off the PDF...insaying that most of my units rifles are brand new....so maybe things are changing .
                  Covid 19 is not over ....it's still very real..Hand Hygiene, Social Distancing and Masks.. keep safe

Comment

if there new does that mean you have AUGA2's with the all the mounting surfaces on those lovely rails?

Comment

Are you allowed to wear chest rigs in the reserve? I dont see too many soldiers wearing them in P/RDF. A bit expensive I think, perhaps if ur in a nissan or mowag they would be useful

Comment

Arktis vests & chest rigs will be available in French camo from the store within the next month.
                        "The dolphins were monkeys that didn't like the land, walked back to the water, went back from the sand."

Comment

is that closer to the irish dpm than the US woodland

Comment

Yeah, they have the same general design but the French colours are slightly different & the blotches are broader.
                            "The dolphins were monkeys that didn't like the land, walked back to the water, went back from the sand."

Comment

An Irish soldier should only be allowed to wear olive green or Irish dpm coloured equipment.

Comment

Working...
                              X