No announcement yet.

Chest Rigs

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

all the gear ive gotten off FM has been spot on, i used his assault vests and others used his chest rigs in liberia and never had a problem with any of it
    larium is a fun pill

Comment

For those in the Cork area, The (infamous) surplus store in Ballinacurra, Midleton is currently stocking Protac Chest rigs in irish DPM, cost €90.00.

They stock some other Protac pouches too. Ask at the counter for more details.
      One thing I have to asmire about the Protac Chest rig is that it uses a section of PLCE type web belt, on the left side. I assume this is to hold a pistol holster or suchlike?
      Pity about the lack of silent opening on the pouches though.
      Otherwise, looks solid enough.

Catch-22 says they have a right to do anything we can't stop them from doing.

Comment

Originally posted by Goldie fish
        One thing I have to asmire about the Protac Chest rig is that it uses a section of PLCE type web belt, on the left side. I assume this is to hold a pistol holster or suchlike?
        It's for holding one of these:

A British requirement, as they keep their NBC kit in it. This is one of the main problems that a lot of vests/chest rigs don't consider - provision of NBC gear. Most decent assault vests will have 2 clips for the newer (British) type of respirator pouch on the side.

Comment

Bit pointless though considering it already has its own carrying strap.

Comment

whats wrong with the surplus store?

Comment

we uswe that as the rspirator haversack too.
              "Let us be clear about three facts. First, all battles and all wars are won in the end by the infantryman. Secondly, the infantryman always bears the brunt. His casualties are heavier, he suffers greater extremes of discomfort and fatigue than the other arms. Thirdly, the art of the infantryman is less stereotyped and far harder to acquire in modern war than that of any other arm." ------- Field Marshall Wavell, April 1945.

Comment

have had one of those protac chestrigs for a few years now no complaints dont wear it as high as the guy in the pic though . its still going strong silencers would be handy though.
                "take a look to the sky right before you die, its the last time you will"

Comment

I have a similar pistol holster with unnecessary velcro, and I have just blanked it off with a piece of felt. No more noise.

Nothing at all wrong with the surplus store. He sells everything. And I mean everything.

Comment

I have seen come other Protac style kit in a shop in Paul Street in Cork. Nothing much, just a map case or 2 and those DPM phone covers
                    What are you cackling at, fatty? Too much pie, that's your problem.

Comment

Working...
                    X