Overseas Question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Overseas Question

I was looking at a report on the re-org of the defence forces and I came across a bit on the possibility of the reserves taking part in overseas duty (Kosovo I think).

How would a reservist go about applying for this ?

Or are they only proposing it a the minute ?

As I hope to join the PDF next year, this would be of benefit.
    "The artillery was my strongest tool. Often it was my only reserve .... I repeatedly said it was more a matter of the infantry supporting the artillery than the artillery supporting the infantry.... I wish I knew the countless times that positions were taken or held due solely to TOT's ...."

Major General R. 0. Barton

its years away, i'd say about 2011-2
    You're even dumber than I tell people

You might have been infected but you never were a bore

Comment

5 years off at the earliest....

Catch-22 says they have a right to do anything we can't stop them from doing.

Comment

Even then you won't be going as infantry.

Doctors and cooks and other support staff are whats needed. Plenty of infanrty available in the PDF.
        It is only by contemplation of the incompetent that we can appreciate the difficulties and accomplishments of the competent.

Comment

would pharmacists be included in included in that?

Comment

if the Dail pass a special enabling act to allow pharmacists to serve [ sounds weird ] then off you go, else they'll give you a short service PDF commission/enlistment to sort out the regs.
            "Are they trying to shoot down the other drone? "

"No, they're trying to fly the tank"

Comment

Will RDF get overseas

Just wanted to know if the RDF will ever get overseas since theve changed the name and its not only local defence forces and with the emalgimation in october

Comment

FFS!!!!!

If you even read the first page of tha army section you will see lots of posts dealing with the questions you have just asked.

Every new thread you have created has been covered already,many during the last 7 days!

PLEASE read the board. Dont just post a new thread on the first thing that pops into your head!

Catch-22 says they have a right to do anything we can't stop them from doing.

Comment

well i never, sorry im new to this internet stuff

Comment

The idea regarding the Reserve Defence Force is good and other countries engaged in peacekeeping allow their reserves to go on overseas duties. It is under active consideration as part of the reorganisation of the Reserve Defence Force. A number of issues must be worked out, such as security of employment so that people will be able to go overseas and return to a secure job. We are engaged in negotiations with employers’ representatives on that. We are also examining what type of reserve personnel will be allowed to go overseas, whether we will confine it to technical trained personnel such as engineers, doctors, cooks and drivers or open it up generally. Those matters are still under consideration. Discussions are ongoing between my Department and the representative association of the Reserve Defence Force. It is a good idea and I hope to be able to implement it.

Comment

its not going to be infantry for a very very long time to come thats for sure.... maybe if the DF was stretched overseas with some future missions then there might be some reason for RDF soldiers to go.

Comment

a good leader should always have a strategic reserve

our good leaders have a valuable strategic reserve but in reality it is used as a social club and a way of keeping kids off the street

for that the next order half our generals should be receiving is big mac and chips

as for the question of the rdf overseas

When this happens
                        Attached Files
                        Last edited by hedgehog; 9 November 2005, 23:20.
                        Things fall apart; the centre cannot hold;
                        Mere anarchy is loosed upon the world,
                        The blood-dimmed tide is loosed, and everywhere***
                        The ceremony of innocence is drowned;
                        The best lack all conviction, while the worst
                        Are full of passionate intensity.

Comment

Moany ****s

What a shower of moany ****s some of you are. Did anyone of you every hear about thinking about the positives and from the information given out so far as I heard a small but substantial % of the Inf Bn to serve overseas in 2007 will be RDF.

Comment

Originally posted by Laoch
                            I heard
                            Wait till you know and then start being positive.
                            As for accuracy, presumably the missile carries MRVs with terminal phase sensors and guidance.

Comment

I've been hearing similar things since I joined in 1998, its always next year or 2.

Comment

Working...
                              X