Bren Gun Characteristics

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bren Gun Characteristics

Does anyone have a list of the Bren gun characteristics needed to make a chart for teaching purposes?

Ah that time of year again the pots course!! there was a post somewhere about the bren recently, I'll see what I can find at home
    Friends Come and Go, but Enemies accumulate!!

Comment

is the bren still used ??
      Pussyand Gunsmoke.......live by one, die by the other, and love the smell of both in the morning!!

Comment

Yes, its still used. I fired it recently.

Despite rumours of it being replaced and RDF personnel using the GPMG instead, the Bren is still part of the PNCO's course so I presume it is still the official FSG weapon for RDF sections.

Bailer: thanks!

Comment

The bren. I hate it but we have to know it like the back of our hands for the PNCO`s course, although the gpmg is the weapon of choice for section in attack during exercises.
          Only the dead have seen the end of war - Plato

"Where there is no guidance the people fall, but in abundance of counselors there is victory" Proverbs 11-14
          http://munsterfireandrescue.com

Comment

Depending on where you are. GPMGs are not always available to RDF units

Comment

While I have never fired the Bren, I've been trained on it, and it's a pleasure to take apart.
              The Bren is still alive and well,.... we just can't get hold of any ammo for it....

Comment

what do the mobile chicanes need bren guns for?:D :D :D
                You're even dumber than I tell people

You might have been infected but you never were a bore

Comment

Thats a road block I wouldn't like to run

Comment

We have gotten tired of people nicking our traffic cones and chucking them in canals and rivers, and sometimes using them as loudspeakers or even putting them on their heads pretending to be giant witches!!
                    We mean business when we take our brens out!!
                    :D

Comment

Its a good thing the infantry have hidden all the .303 ammo on you then :D

Comment

Its always the infantry who we catch pretending to be giant witches with traffic cones on their heads,.... so that explains a lot.
                        And as you are an officer,.... this obviously goes much higher up than we thought!!!

Comment

He....He....He. You'll never catch me though.:D

Comment

Very interesting site.

Comment

Is the Bren still in use? Yes

Back in my heady days as a fresh cpl just off my pots course ('96), myself and the other new cpl were sent to do the GPMG introduction course. What a thrill being the first GPMG instructors in our Bn.

I come back to the fold nearly 7 years later to find the Bren still going strong and the GPMG only a distant memory and the source of much scoffing in my new unit. Oh well thats progress I suppose.

As for a PA with a bren:D :D :D
                              Sigs - No amps, no volts = no interest

Comment

Working...
                              X