No announcement yet.

Cleaning Kits

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I found a source for official Steyr Mannlicher AUG cleaning kits (from factory through supplier) with Oil Bottle, Wire Brush, Bristle brush, Flannelette holder, Pull Through and Flanelette. Works out about $60.00 incl delivery. (around €45.00).

Good piece of kit to have!
    If anyone would like more info PM me.

Comment

e45 for a cleaning kit :((((( (jaw drops!)

Comment

found a source for official Steyr Mannlicher AUG cleaning kits (from factory through supplier) with Oil Bottle, Wire Brush, Bristle brush, Flannelette holder, Pull Through and Flanelette. Works out about $60.00 incl delivery. (around €45.00).
        say you only want to buy a cleaning kit and not the german factory as well- how much would that be
        Things fall apart; the centre cannot hold;
        Mere anarchy is loosed upon the world,
        The blood-dimmed tide is loosed, and everywhere***
        The ceremony of innocence is drowned;
        The best lack all conviction, while the worst
        Are full of passionate intensity.

Comment

Right, here's the plan for easy effective gun cleaning:

Go to a gunshop, buy a .22cal boresnake (perfect fit for 5.56). These are a one-pass system for barrel cleaning - needs to be seen to be believed. Cost around €25.

Get an old toothbrush. For cleaning other bits. Cost €0.

Get some oil. The stuff you're issued with is fine, though CLP is very good, as are several commercial alternatives - I like WD40 meself. Cost €0-15 (some guns come with a small bottle of oil - ask nicely in a gunshop for a freebie).

Get some fine steel wool. This is for getting rid of rust or very heavy carbon fouling, i.e. only needed if you haven't been cleaning properly up to now.

All done.

Comment

I hope to have borsesnake in the store soon.
            "The dolphins were monkeys that didn't like the land, walked back to the water, went back from the sand."

Comment

scouring pads are ideal for cleaning badly fouled pistons...

Catch-22 says they have a right to do anything we can't stop them from doing.

Comment

when will the cleaning kits be in the store? about how much will they cost?
                The world steps aside to let any man pass if he knows where he is going

Comment

Have a look:

Link to cleaning kit in the store
                  "The dolphins were monkeys that didn't like the land, walked back to the water, went back from the sand."

Comment

Originally posted by Goldie fish
                    scouring pads are ideal for cleaning badly fouled pistons...
                    so are the cooling rings on the barrel...
                    Over the centuries, mankind has tried many ways of combating the forces of evil...prayer, fasting, good works and so on. Up until Doom, no one seemed to have thought about the double-barrel shotgun. Eat leaden death, demon...

http://www.iamawesome.com/

Comment

NO abrasive materials should be used on any part of the weapon, if you use scouring pads on the piston head eventually you take a layer of it and interfere with its tolerances,

as soon as your finished firing wipe away away fouling using a piece of flanellet, then liberally coat the piece in issued oil, then when you get a chance to clean it, with a bot of elbow grease it should come off, a guy on the range showed me this once, get a handful of dock leaves crush them up in your hand put the piston into it and roll it around and keep crushing the dock leaf

viola

Comment

now I've to ask CQ if he has any dock leaves in the cleaning kits.

We always use scourers on the weapon when cleaning, that tough green material one
                        It is only by contemplation of the incompetent that we can appreciate the difficulties and accomplishments of the competent.

Comment

We always use scourers on the weapon when cleaning, that tough green material one
                          abrasive material

Comment

I seem to remember been given coarse sandpaper and diesel to clean gpmg's when i did the course
                            Factories dont burn themselves down, they need help from people like you and me.

Comment

Originally posted by PTE bog
                              I seem to remember been given coarse sandpaper and diesel to clean gpmg's when i did the course
                              COARSE sandpaper ??? Someone needs a good f*****g kicking !!!

As has probably been said already, if the gas affected parts are soaked in oil on completion of firing, this will go a long way to ensuring that fouling will be easier to remove when cleaning the weapon...
                              Last edited by FMolloy; 25 October 2005, 18:29.
                              "Well, stone me! We've had cocaine, bribery and Arsenal scoring two goals at home. But just when you thought there were truly no surprises left in football, Vinnie Jones turns out to be an international player!" (Jimmy Greaves)!"

Comment

Failing that........... diesel.
                                It is only by contemplation of the incompetent that we can appreciate the difficulties and accomplishments of the competent.

Comment

Working...
                                X